Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

congratulations to dean ashton on his call up

agreed. but, just heard he got injured this morning and may miss the game! gone off to hospital for a scan on his ankle. would have started aswell...

Just our luck, he has injured himself, will not play for England and we will miss out on the add on, before the transfer window closes.

Yeah well done to Deano for his call up..

But, more importantly, wont Norwich receive some cash as part of his transfer deal to West Ham for international appearances??

Wouldn''t have received any money anyway as it''s only a friendly. We only get the £125k when he plays in a competitive international.

I feel for him like I did with Greeno, he has an ankle injury and is in hospital having a scan on it, sounds like Maclaren is gutted too, least I don''t think that will be the end of him though, he will get another chance very soon.

well its most likely not only you who didnt know that. i only found out after he had been called up as the info was put up on the offy site.

Sounds like a nasty ankle injury.

I wouldn''t wish that on anyone, despite his being a miserable git for the last few months he was here.

Hope he gets fit again soon, England could really use him at his best.

not me.. i wish some of my fellow supporters would let it drop that he left us, the poor bloke doesn''t deserve the stick he gets from some City fans, i wish him a quick recovery and a speedy return to the England team!

Dean Ashton will miss out on a full England debut and the start of the new season after suffering a broken ankle.

The Hammers striker was sent to hospital for a scan after collapsing in training with the national team this morning, and the results this afternoon have revealed bad news.

England manager Steve McClaren has admitted that Ashton would have started the friendly against Greece at Old Trafford tomorrow, but has now named his team with Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch lining up in attack.

McClaren said: "The injury to Dean has really clouded the morning. It''s always disappointing when a young player is injured.

"Dean would have started tomorrow - we did some work with him yesterday and were going to work on him again today. These things happen in football, though, it''s very disappointing and we are all very sorry to see it happen."

Been confirmed Dean Ashton broke his ankle whilst training with the England squad at Old Trafford.

Must be heartbreaking for Deano, as he was obviously going to get his first cap for England.  Bad news also for West Ham.

Get well soon Deano!

totally sucks, unlucky dean, your still young and you''ll have plenty more opportunites.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

No tears from me.

we need to move on and forget the mercenary petulant git who wanted to leave us after 4 months and blighted half our season in the 2nd tier.

[/quote]

I will shed a tear FTFW - that broken anke cost us close to £200k!

So, Mr Pardew whats Ashtons fitness levels like at the moment hey?

Broken Ankle! Lol.

It''s £125k for a competitive match and, had it not been for him having a girl''s ankle, I''m sure Ashton would''ve played some part in the qualifier in a fortnight''s time.

I dont care if he was a miserable git. Wouldnt you be in his situation. Also he scored a lot of important goals.

[quote user="lambert gonzales"]

he may have been miserable in that half the season but he still scored about 10 goals for us in that time, poor bugger, he deserves to get an england game

[/quote]Poor bugger? He was earning more in a week than many people who pay to watch him earn in 6 months, OK so he was playing for a side that were underperforming based on expectations, big deal.He was 21 at the time, hardly the end of his career was it? No excuse for lumbering around the pitch with a face like a slapped arse. Some of these footballers need to remember that they''re lucky sods, getting paid a bloody fortune for doing a job they love.