Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Coventry in for Mckenzie. How much is reasonable?

Just heard on radio Norfolk that Coventry have came in for mcKenzie.

Personally i think it wont be a bad thing if he went as he wont score enough goals.

But how much would you expect to get for him?

I would not be disappointed with 600-750k......maybe ambitious i dont know but baring in mind Coventry

have just made £4m for McSheffery we possibly could get a bit more!

Discuss....

Last year of his contract, unless we have an option on that?

I would jump at anything near half a million.

Like the man, but he''s a mid-championship player at best and needs several chances to get one.

Not sure who we could get to replace him though?

Has to be over half a million or it isn''t worth it, he is still a useful squad player.

Like Greeno, we''re talking about a player with a year left on his contract and also the added problems from the last year with injuries, loss of form and personal troubles.

I think realistically we won''t get much more than half a million.  If we do then that''s good business.

I cant see him being worth more than 500K. I can see him doing quite well if he holds down a starting place for another team but i can just as easily see him never really filling his potential.

According to Radio Norfolk just after 4pm today, Leon refused to travel today which is why he wasn''t sub. He withdrew from the squad as his head wasn''t right.

Confirmed by Worthy apparently who said hes very disappointed with him.

If he refused to travel, then that is disappointing from him.

He has made his point and while taking wages from the club, he should be available to play.

I again say ''if'', but if that''s his position, then lets sell him soon. No good having anyone here who wants to go and takes that position.

Would be a shame if he left with a bad taste in the mouth, since he always tried hard for us before.

Time will tell.

If you read the official club website it sounds to me Worthy left him behind....I don''t believe for a second Leon wouldn''t have wanted to stay behind, I also read on the pinkun I believe that worthy said Leon is making a real effort in training so I don''t see how he can be dissapointed with him all of a sudden.http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~885062,00.html

Why dont we ask for a player in return

Dele Adebola scored home and away against us last season big quick just what we are looking for

I''d like to think he''s worth a good £750 K. Surely we have at least one replacement lined up, if we''re prepared to sell? We''d have the cash, now, with Greeno and Leon moving for decent fees - if Thorne is Worthy''s third choice striker & Ryan Jarvis fourth choice, we have to be looking at reinvesting at least £1 million to improve on our striker situation. Earnie needs either has a decent strike partner or at least some proper competition for his place!

Wouldn''t anything be good money considering next year he''ll be walking out on a bosman.

I reckon he''s worth about £900k but with Coventry''s recent injection of cash from McSheffrey I reckon we could see him for £1.25 Mill

I don''t feel we should sell for anything less than 1 million. Having said that, if McSheffery is worth 4 million then Mckenzie should command a similar figure?!! I think Steve Bruce must have been on the sherry before making that offer. Mckenzie is a proven player at Championship level and would warrant a first team place in most of the teams in this league. Personally, I''d like to see him stay and fight for a first team slot.

If we do sell and are unable to bring another striker in,  I''d like to see both Jarvis and Henderson given an opportunity up-front as opposed to the ineffective Thorne. Both have had limited opportunities in the first team, mostly spent in the right sided midfield role. I feel both are at a critical point in their career and must now start to deliver on a regular basis when first team opportunities arise. Worthington must give both a fair run in the first team and make a decision as to whether they actually make the grade or not. We don''t want another example of letting youngsters leave without giving them a fair crack of the whip (Danny Crow, Paul Hayes to name a couple). 

if we are offered anything over 500k we should take it as we will end up with nothing if he stays all season and walks. worthy needs to be sensible or we will end up with another keith o''neill. i will be very sorry to see him go but if hes unhappy it is the right thing. i just think its another sign of the turmoil there seems to be around the club. for leon to hear we are after another striker and to be out of the team it must be worrying., we desperately need two more strikers if he leaves but time is running short to get them

£300,000 . Poor footballer , poor goalscorer and poor human being.Get shot asap .

I hear that they made a bid of £800k, which we turned down, and too right as well!

If Steve Howard is worth a million, then Leon is worth that easily!

Let''s not forget that this is an over-inflated market created by clubs

not willing to settle on a low price, and it''s about time we did the

same.

Hold out for a million, add that to the £2m already in the kitty (£1.5m

est for Green, £500k remaining from original budget) and we''ve got

ourselves a fair bit of cash with which to get those extra players

in.  Hello target man, hello left back, hello A N Other. 

Bingo.