Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

The REAL reason why Norwich are playing well

What''s the real reason behind our improvement in performances this season ?

Improved pre-season ?

More focused attention to fitness of the first team ?

Lee Croft ?

Better coaching ?

None of the above, according to our good friends at Worthy Out.  Yes, they''re still going.

A post under the topic WELL DONE US :....

[quote]If anyone thinks our pressure last season was futile then they should just have checked out last nights game, Does anyone reallyu think that the irishman would have abandon his long ball ethos without the uprising of the fans, ofcourse he would''nt.
My greaest fear is that as the season wears on he will revert to type. I would like to know just how these smug ktfers think that by supporting all things worthington they have brought about any change at carrow road[/quote]

Full thread is here.  Honestly :

http://www.worthyout.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086

Oh, and recently they''ve started labelling everyone that doesn''t agree with the system administrator a KTF, which is a nice touch.  Poor things seem to be cracking up...

The campaigne probably did have an effect, but in all honesty I think it was very minimal. What will hopefully happen is the good form continues and campaignes like this won''t be necessary. Last season I was a Worthy Outer, but this season I was willing to give the team and manager a chance to make a fresh start. Been a good start so far I''m thinking = )

Obviously blahblah if all fans had the same attitude as you the club wouldn''t have any pressure or obligation to improve because you  are happy with hoof football and will even defend it. For the rest of us who will not put up with such dire football the last 2 games are a huge improvement on the last 90 or so bad ones.

[quote]Obviously blahblah if all fans had the same attitude as you the club wouldn''t have any pressure or obligation to improve because you  are happy with hoof football and will even defend it. For the rest of us who will not put up with such dire football the last 2 games are a huge improvement on the last 90 or so bad ones[/quote]

hmm.  Professional integrity, reputation of the manager and players at stake, so really they''ve got nothing to play for have they ?  Don''t be ridiculous.  We have a settled side at the moment with few injuries, and a coach who has got people showing and asking for the ball.  And that''s about it.

John! you''ve made an assumption that Blah blah is happy with hoof football just because he may be KTF.  I would say that all Ktfs are of the mind that good football is of the essence as do I, We also recognise that he Worthy, like most managers make mistakes but unlike those of the other ilk we don''t call for his head, because I certainly can''t see who we are going to replace him with that will suit our board, and will operate within their constrictions.  The Ktf''s are hoping that Worthy will learn from his mistakes and the team will learn from theirs.  Where you get the idea that Worthy has said that to play hoof ball is a strategy that NCFC should adapt, then with respect you and your ilk are in cloud cuckoo land, in the same way that you think that your movement has had an effect on the method of play and what we have witnessed on the pitch of late.  He has never retracted his statement that he couldn''t care less what fans think about his methods of management and that includes Ktf''s and Wo''ts.

He is his own man and will stand or fall by his own decisions in spite of what you or I say, and he will do it working loyally within the restrictions of the board and their approval.  He was instrumental in the removal of the previous coach and you lot moaned, he was just as instrumental in establishing the new coach, and has iterated that he and Huckerby likes what has been going on as regards preparation.  I must admit that the team have shown signs of being awake at the first whistle, this I haven''t witnessed for two seasons, neither did our players adopt the pass and move skills that is imperative to produce decent football, they do at present, and I must admit that they do want to do their work at a much more lively pace now.  Is this down to a more disciplined approach to coaching or a knuckling down to really preparing themselves with a view to upping their personal performances and doing their best for NCFC and the fans.

I like many fans do not like Worthy''s media persona and I don''t think he gives a toss about that.  I refer to Churchill during the war when the Bevin boy''s (miners) threatened strike action because their hours and seven day weeks were as they thought unreasonable. His solution was strike and you will be shot.  The behaviour of the W/out''s has been nothing short of disgraceful and childish. lets hope that that behaviour is now over and we can all be fans of NCFC and continue supporting the club to the best of our ability, manager and all. OTBC!!! Norwich 5 Luton 1.

Yes, because we all love hoofball, don''t we John???

Nobody agreed with the long ball game, it''s just some people have different ways of dealing with it than others...

[quote user="beelsie"]

John! you''ve made an assumption that Blah blah is happy with hoof football just because he may be KTF.  I would say that all Ktfs are of the mind that good football is of the essence as do I, We also recognise that he Worthy, like most managers make mistakes but unlike those of the other ilk we don''t call for his head, because I certainly can''t see who we are going to replace him with that will suit our board, and will operate within their constrictions.  The Ktf''s are hoping that Worthy will learn from his mistakes and the team will learn from theirs.  Where you get the idea that Worthy has said that to play hoof ball is a strategy that NCFC should adapt, then with respect you and your ilk are in cloud cuckoo land, in the same way that you think that your movement has had an effect on the method of play and what we have witnessed on the pitch of late.  He has never retracted his statement that he couldn''t care less what fans think about his methods of management and that includes Ktf''s and Wo''ts.

He is his own man and will stand or fall by his own decisions in spite of what you or I say, and he will do it working loyally within the restrictions of the board and their approval.  He was instrumental in the removal of the previous coach and you lot moaned, he was just as instrumental in establishing the new coach, and has iterated that he and Huckerby likes what has been going on as regards preparation.  I must admit that the team have shown signs of being awake at the first whistle, this I haven''t witnessed for two seasons, neither did our players adopt the pass and move skills that is imperative to produce decent football, they do at present, and I must admit that they do want to do their work at a much more lively pace now.  Is this down to a more disciplined approach to coaching or a knuckling down to really preparing themselves with a view to upping their personal performances and doing their best for NCFC and the fans.

I like many fans do not like Worthy''s media persona and I don''t think he gives a toss about that.  I refer to Churchill during the war when the Bevin boy''s (miners) threatened strike action because their hours and seven day weeks were as they thought unreasonable. His solution was strike and you will be shot.  The behaviour of the W/out''s has been nothing short of disgraceful and childish. lets hope that that behaviour is now over and we can all be fans of NCFC and continue supporting the club to the best of our ability, manager and all. OTBC!!! Norwich 5 Luton 1.

[/quote]Yeah ok, so shooting miners because they complain about working long hours and a 7 day week is a solution? very reasonable that Beelsie!!

I just wish that the worthy out movement would give credit where credit is due. The movement is turning into a very annoying group which will skirt round the truth just to slag off and find a negative about Nigekl worthington. I was worthy outer last season, iwent to the big protest (stoke game i think) because last year wasnt acceptable.I then realised we were stuck with NW for the forseable future and decided that i would give him 5-10 games of my full support. It is early days yet, but i am pleased and encouraged byt the way NW seems to have turned it round. Well done nIgel; keep it up, you''ve done well so far but you''re not out of the woods yet.

I just wish worthy out would take a similar view and only slag NW off if they have a good reason, they dont at the moment, we''re looking good..

Worthy IN

Give the poor bloke some credit when he''s doing well.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote]

Yeah ok, so shooting miners because they complain about working long hours and a 7 day week is a solution? very reasonable that Beelsie!!
[/quote]

Nice to see you pick ''one line'' out of Beelsie''s essay and use it in your defence.

John, could you not manage to respond to all of his points with some sort of sensible answer? Or were you late for something?

The classic response. Ten very good reasons why we should support all at the club right now and one pitiful response exagerating his quote from another individual. Marvelous!

Sums up where the land lies at the moment. Don''t you think?

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes, because we all love hoofball, don''t we John???

Nobody agreed with the long ball game, it''s just some people have different ways of dealing with it than others...

[/quote]

Despite several key players, the manager and Doncaster all stating that hoofball was down to the players and were not the tactics of Worthington, no-one seems to want to listen.  Because they don''t want to hear it.  They want to believe that the instructions were to play it long even though the club say otherwise. 

Cue the accusation of believing club spin.

Here are some Worthy quotes from The Guardian following last season''s 1-1 draw at home to Coventry on the opening day:

"...we got drawn into Coventry''s style and failed to pass the ball. We''ve got to be bigger and better than that."

What the manager must have hoped was that the Inter game would show his

players the virtue of passing. "We got out of the league two seasons

ago that way and that is how we will play."

Doesn''t sound like a manager who has set his stall out to play hoofball, does it?

No one liked the play last season, but it''s time to get over it. 

I still think we could do with a managerial change, but as long as we

keep playing and winning in the manner we did on Tuesday, then I''m

going to stay quiet on the issue and give the team my full

backing.  Let''s judge after 10 games or so...

In terms of what has changed, well it seems to be numerous

things.  Hunter has obviously made a difference to our style of

play, but look at the players out there and notice how many of them

have "bulked up".  Last season we got bullied too often, leading

players to panic and hoof it.  Now we have Shackell, Drury, Colin

and Etuhu all looking like they''ve been doing a lot of "upper body

work" over the summer.  Not only did we dominate with the ball on

Tuesday, but we dominated physically, allowing us the time to think

about the play.  I think this aspect of the game is often

underestimated.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote]Yeah ok, so shooting miners because they complain about working long hours and a 7 day week is a solution? very reasonable that Beelsie!! [/quote]

Nice to see you pick ''one line'' out of Beelsie''s essay and use it in your defence.

John, could you not manage to respond to all of his points with some sort of sensible answer? Or were you late for something?

The classic response. Ten very good reasons why we should support all at the club right now and one pitiful response exagerating his quote from another individual. Marvelous!

Sums up where the land lies at the moment. Don''t you think?

[/quote]If I wrote a full page dealing with my real concerns at NCFC and then lets say finished it off by supporting the Nazi''s Final Solution - which line would you think of picking up on then?

Have we really had to endure over 900 of Herb''s flip, puerile (in the main) semi one-liners?

Here''s to the day when we get some reasoned joined up thinking from him...

BEFORE WE DESCEND INTO MORE PETTY NAME CALLING .....

Meanwhile back on planet sense....

The thread!

Fans think they signed Hucks, fans think they made the team play well. Perhaps they''re right? Or maybe half right? Anyway.

Why is it as soon as you don''t say "Worthless is a clown and must go" you are accused of liking the long ball game, being an Ipswich fan and being Worthy''s mum?

As I mentioned previously, to almost zero response from the people is was aimed at, the "KTF" as you term them DID NOT like the long ball. It''s just that the "KTF" didn''t want to boo their own team, cheer opposition goals and chant for the manager''s head through the games.

Is it that difficult to grasp?

" The movement is turning into a very annoying group which will skirt round the truth just to slag off and find a negative about Nigekl worthington"

Turning into !

It was that from the start and has been ever since. This forum has been swamped with those that dislike the club so much that no City connected matter couldn''t be twisted and used as an attack on the club.

Even now when most of them appear to have slunk back under the stones whence they crawled out of they couldn''t leave without one final ridiculous claim - the improvement is due to their whinging and endless fabrications.

All they achieved was to remind genuine supporters what being a supporter was about and what the word support means.

Now if we can get the singing of ''On the ball City'' to roll round the stands rather than be yelped out like some yappy dogs barking I will be a very happy man.

can we form sort of third faction called i''m just here to watch the football, this could be a middle ground between the two and feature all members over the age of 12 with sensible attitudes and more concerned about the team and the points they score rather than the points scorting off each other that these two factions seemed to be concerned with.

Yes John, precisely, because at that time our fighting men were in the front line 24hrs a day getting their heads shot off in by the Germans, this while the miners were down the pits and supposed to be doing there utmost for their country digging for victory it was called.  We all had a job to do, and that meant getting on with it without moaning.

[quote user="rich"]can we form sort of third faction called i''m just here to watch the football, this could be a middle ground between the two and feature all members over the age of 12 with sensible attitudes and more concerned about the team and the points they score rather than the points scorting off each other that these two factions seemed to be concerned with.[/quote]

I posted yesterday that I have decided I am in the "Stop whining like spoilt toddlers, I just want to watch football" group.

Wow this whole thread is like Earth 2

We are led to believe that............

The whole team played a style of football for a whole season that the manager did NOT want them to play.

(seriously what manager would stand by and let this happen)

The fans protesting did NOT lead to huge changes being made to the first team coach and our style of play.

(I guess they make changes on a whim)

[quote user="rich"]can we form sort of third faction called i''m just here to watch the football, this could be a middle ground between the two and feature all members over the age of 12 with sensible attitudes and more concerned about the team and the points they score rather than the points scorting off each other that these two factions seemed to be concerned with.[/quote]

I will join your faction. I qualify as I am above the age of 12. I want to support the team too but I still haven''t forgiven Worthy but will cheer the team as I want us to do well !

This is the birth of the faction by the name S.T.T''ers (Support the team)

Count me in to this little STT faction as well...

(It''s a good job we''re not Rushden fans, or it would be "Support The Diamonds"...)

YC we are not led to believe anything.  Generally we believe what we want'' to believe and use certain indicators to make the decision.  I am reasonably sure that Worthy wanted his team to play in the manner he has stated in the media interviews so many times.  He new how to play football himself and would have wanted his players to play similarly.  I am not aware of the circumstances or Worthys'' reasons or what pleas he made to the board or his coaching staff to overcome the situation he found himself in, or what contractual obligations were in place for staff etc.  You and I are sadly aware of Worthy''s attitude regarding the fans opinions regarding their interpretation of his actions.  He has taken an action off his own back and the board have backed him as we all knew they would.  Players have returned for the new start to new season early and have prepared for it by doing extra work.  They are in appearance working on the pitch with a great deal more enthusiasm and running off the ball has been a revelation.  The new winger has balanced up the play and given the right back someone to play too.  When Hucks takes his defensive roll a little more seriously then our left back will have a little more cover and the play from that side will be a little more joined up.  Hucks himself has said that training is more organised.  I watched three sessions taken by Foley and from what I saw it needed to be.  He was IMO a father confessor too far.  Many times I have previously mentioned, critically, the players attitude, and indeed I many times criticised their fitness and application.  There seems to now be an urgency from the midfield to get in the faces of the opposition an make a proper tackle as of they mean business.  As Worthy said so many times to the annoyance of fans, " earn the right to play and then pass the ball".  We in my opinion are still too light as a squad, we need three more hard players from a lower division with something to prove to provide us with competition for places.  For me the signs are there and I witness effort and determination to work for a purpose, whether it is due to the new and harder approach to the training, whatever it is I for one can only welcome the change with open arms and hope it continues. OTBC!!!! 

yup i''m off to rushden message boards to suggest it, genius observation and the post of the week :)