Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Could we accomodate Darren Anderton? I say yes.

As substitute cover for Huckerby and Croft ?- as he can play both wide right and wide left.

Good player with bags of experience (age 34). Could be an interesting signing if he can keep fit.

According to the BBC website discussions have been held and he is to make up his mind over the weekend whether to join us or not.

I say yes. what say you?

OTBC.

i wouldnt say no

but i do say

if we can sign a 34 year old midfielder

why cant we sign Sutton?

lol..i dont think its true but if it is...how funny!!!.... he doesnt want sutton cos hes injury prone...but he wants anderton whos NICKNAME is sicknote...oh...and hes older.

Of course we could accomodate him. In the treatment room at Colney.We do not need "sicknote"

Pretty much shows how this forum works. An unsubstantiated claim is posted up then twisted into fact then used to attack the club, again.

" Darren Anderton is considering a move to Norwich after being released by Wolves in the summer. (The Sun)

Not correct , it says " Darren Anderton is considering a move to Norwich after being released by Wolves in the summer. (The Sun)"

" I guess this just proves the reason we didnt wantsutton was Worthless couldnt handle him..."

No, it just proves that you have a constant need to fabricate stuff against Nigel Worthington

" if we can sign a 34 year old midfielder, why cant we sign Sutton?"

We haven''t signed him, neither is there any comment on the matter from either club.

Anyway I''m off to CR. Odd how the fixtures turn out. We''ve got a club with 100% winning start and the binners have got a club with a 100% losing start.

Given how the results might pan out it does suggest that it is too early to make much of a definite judgement at this stage. Unfortunately it won''t stop those who dislike the club from wailing on here how awful it all is.

A win this afternoon would be great, if only to have a few days peace from the moaning minnies.

I would say ok if it''s pay as you play, good cover and very experienced fine striker of the ball. I don''t understand this constant chat about Worthy not being able to handle Sutton. What does that mean?!! Worthy handles Hucks, ok, bigger than Sutton IMO. I''d like to see Sutton here so long as the price is right, but not if he''s basically crocked, expensive, uncommitted and potentially a trouble maker. All more likely than Worthy not being able to handle him? Mind you most of those criticisms could probably be levelled at Anderton.

i''d have anderton as cover - he''s still got quality, as a squad player.  if croft/hucks injured/suspended, who would you want out wide left or right, hughes/thorne/hendo who played there last year or anderton? 

Well Ralph, you''ve saved my having to reply to CJF and his unsubstantiated rambling''s.  Well said and well put. Keep it up please. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The most injury plagued player since Duncan Ferguson, he was on pay-as-you-play at Birmingham...  I guess this just proves the reason we didnt wantsutton was Worthless couldnt handle him...[/quote]

Now this REALLY is a case of if you believe this you''ll believe anything.

[quote user="beelsie"]Well Ralph, you''ve saved my having to reply to CJF and his unsubstantiated rambling''s.  Well said and well put. Keep it up please. [/quote]

my point is IF worthy is interested.   Can''t I comment on rumours in the press (and on the BBC!!).  If he does want to sign sicknote Anderton (in th esame vain as Duncan Fergusen whom worthy showed an interst in in the press) then the above applies.  If not then fair play worthy....

You don''t seem to quite have got the hang of this debating stuff have you foghorn ?

You accept that the stuff about Anderton is pure speculation yet then state that it proves something.

Could working with Darren Anderton teach our midfielders something ?  He has played international football for a number of years, so he''s no mug.  Who would you prefer in midfield after all, Hughes or Anderton ?

If we can afford him, and that has to be a fairly big if, I see no harm in this, even if he plays 20 games.

I think the difference between Anderton and Sutton might be down to the way in which each of them approached the club.  I''ve never known Anderton to be known as a bad apple.  Chris Sutton has been considered one in the past, could it be that his reputation has preceded him ?