Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Can we ban "Danny Crow" threads

Personally totally fed up with these - get over it!! The latest seems to have little foundation and was probably started on the internet by some Worthy Out Zealot and has been seized upon by Crow agent in an attempt to Hawk him to bigger clubs. I''ll be surprised if he moves anywhere in the summer.

So say we ketp Crow how many games would he have played last year given he would have been behind Ashton, Leon, Thorne, Jarvis, Henderson, Lisbie, Huckerby, Mcveigh, Doherty, Earnshaw? I say about one or two sub appearance at most and maybe a run out in the carling cup and some token end of season match. Worthy did the right thing by releasing both for Norwich and for Danny Crow himself.

Any Crow threads should relate to the fact the guy has done well to build a career away from Norwich and should be a feather on the cap of Norwich much maligned academy much like others players such as Che Wilson, Paul Hayes, Dean Sinclair, Adrian Forbes and Drewe Broughton (who incidentially scored only a few less than Crow in Div 2 in a struggling team). And not some Anti Worthy sentiment

A thread about banning Danny Crow threads is a Danny Crow thread nonetheless. Hipocrit.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

Personally totally fed up with these - get over it!! The latest seems to have little foundation and was probably started on the internet by some Worthy Out Zealot and has been seized upon by Crow agent in an attempt to Hawk him to bigger clubs. I''ll be surprised if he moves anywhere in the summer.

So say we ketp Crow how many games would he have played last year given he would have been behind Ashton, Leon, Thorne, Jarvis, Henderson, Lisbie, Huckerby, Mcveigh, Doherty, Earnshaw? I say about one or two sub appearance at most and maybe a run out in the carling cup and some token end of season match. Worthy did the right thing by releasing both for Norwich and for Danny Crow himself.

Any Crow threads should relate to the fact the guy has done well to build a career away from Norwich and should be a feather on the cap of Norwich much maligned academy much like others players such as Che Wilson, Paul Hayes, Dean Sinclair, Adrian Forbes and Drewe Broughton (who incidentially scored only a few less than Crow in Div 2 in a struggling team). And not some Anti Worthy sentiment

[/quote]A fair point the guy would have struggled to get a regular game for us.

Yes, we get that some people think he''s a thick clown.  We got it in the first thread, we get it in this one.  You might think you''re adding something new to the debate, but all I''m hearing is dogs barking.  Big angry dogs.  So pipe down and give the thinkers a bit of room.

And anyway, I don''t see that it is an example of him being a thick clown.  Crow has done a good job for Peterborough in League 2, there is no guarantee that he would do the same in the Championship, he wouldn''t have the time and space available at lower levels.  So if Watford buy him, don''t expect to see him in the first team right away and banging in the goals past Jens Lehmann as proof of what a thick clown Worthy is.

In order to improve, strikers need games.

An youngster that has 2 promising youth players and several big names ahead of him isn''t going to get regular games at Championship level.  The move has turned out very well for him.  Crow has worked hard, shown that he can do the job, and could be rewarded with the move to Watford.  That is something to congratulate him for.  It is not a stick to beat Worthington with.

Crow would have gone to Watford in the January transfer window if not for injury - and will definitely move this summer to the Premiership or championship.   Personally, I think it is right to bang on about Crow - it illustrates Worthington''s lack of judgement with players.  Anyone with any sense could see that he definitely had something when we played Liverpool at home.  He offers much more than other "strikers" on the books.  Put it this way - renew Crow''s £300 a week contract or pay Peter Thorne £4k a week plus?  Deal or no deal?

Ok then, going back in time, you tell Leon McKenzie that he''s not getting a game this week because we''ve got this teenager who might be really good if we give him 10 straight games in the first team.  Because we wouldn''t have dropped Ashton for him.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok then, going back in time, you tell Leon McKenzie that he''s not getting a game this week because we''ve got this teenager who might be really good if we give him 10 straight games in the first team.  Because we wouldn''t have dropped Ashton for him.[/quote]

actually at the start of last season when Mckenzie was out of sorts we had no back up player to come in.....  Well McVeigh but the manager restrainined from playing him cos he doesnt like him......  Thorne was too similar to Ashton....  just the time to give a youngster 20 minutes off the bench...  but no he was gone

I dont think it is possible to bang on about Crow untill we have seen more of Henderson and Jarvis. They are probably the reasons why he wasnt kept on not that he isnt good but more like he is 20 and should be getting games under his belt.Ryan is what 18/19 now a good year or two younger and already getting the odd game here and there. Hopefully he will flesh out a bit and become the skilled target man we need. Who knows we could release him at the end of next season and then see him go to a champ team and score buckets and then be the next Ashton or something - then we would have been right to have released Crow.

[quote user="chicken"]I dont think it is possible to bang on about Crow untill we have seen more of Henderson and Jarvis. They are probably the reasons why he wasnt kept on not that he isnt good but more like he is 20 and should be getting games under his belt.

Ryan is what 18/19 now a good year or two younger and already getting the odd game here and there. Hopefully he will flesh out a bit and become the skilled target man we need. Who knows we could release him at the end of next season and then see him go to a champ team and score buckets and then be the next Ashton or something - then we would have been right to have released Crow.

[/quote]

I have been saying all season that the reason Crow went was because of Henderson and Jarvis.  Worthy obviously see''s them as better players.  Whether or not he should have kept Crow and loaned him is now irrelevant but a lesson should be learnt from this.  The lesson is this,  Jarvis needs to play more full stop and Henderson needs to play more up front.  If this is not going to happen at City next season then we need to put them out on loan to a club that will play them.  Playing in the reserves or the odd game at right midfield is not going to help either of these players improve and reach the potential they have.

Both Jarvis and Henderson are youth internationals and are well thought of by people who know football at that level.  I don''t blame Worthington for not playing them because up front is where are strengths are but until we can find them first team football we are stunting their development.

There was some speculation about the England U19 coach becoming our first team coach.  Surely the ideal man to bring these young players into the team.  But then, it''s only speculation...

[quote user="Caramac"]

Crow would have gone to Watford in the January transfer window if not for injury - and will definitely move this summer to the Premiership or championship.   Personally, I think it is right to bang on about Crow - it illustrates Worthington''s lack of judgement with players.  Anyone with any sense could see that he definitely had something when we played Liverpool at home.  He offers much more than other "strikers" on the books.  Put it this way - renew Crow''s £300 a week contract or pay Peter Thorne £4k a week plus?  Deal or no deal?

[/quote]i was discussing crow''s liverpool performance with somebody today and we both agreed crow looked a skilful player with potential.  i was staggered when worthy released him for zilch at the start of last season - surely with his goalscoring record with the reserves he should have perhaps been loaned out at the very least to the likes of posh just to see how he would develop.  i agree with other comments that jarvis looks to have potential to impress at champ level this season, but i regret to say hendo in no way looks the part to me - ''lively up front'' is the best you can say about him and worthy frequently does, but he doesn''t look a goal provider or a finisher to me - hope he proves me wrong either at city or more likely at the league 1 side in the future. as for his reserves performances, he should be dominating defenders more and creating chances - i remain unconvinced by him.

"Danny Crow ''threads'' his way through the Chelsea defence - then scores a wonderful 3rd individual goal that puts Watford 3-0 up!".............In ecstatic celebration - young Crow pulls his shirt over his head revealing "Who''s sorry now Nigel?" handwritten in felt tip on his sports vest....... [:D] You never know........[:O]

You may be a thinker Blahblahblah but if you think McKenzie is any great shakes you dont think much about football . McKenzie was at Peterboro just like Crow is now , only difference is they got Crow for free and the CLOWN paid good money for the headless chicken that is Leon Mckenzie.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]You may be a thinker Blahblahblah but if you think McKenzie is any great shakes you dont think much about football . McKenzie was at Peterboro just like Crow is now , only difference is they got Crow for free and the CLOWN paid good money for the headless chicken that is Leon Mckenzie.[/quote]

Hehehe I like you.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Why because its a prime example of how much of a thick clown we have managing our club ?[/quote]

Dont suppose anyone saw Danny Crow on Big Ron Manager (The SKy one documentary about Peterborough)?

Thank god we got rid...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Why because its a prime example of how much of a thick clown we have managing our club ?[/quote]

Dont suppose anyone saw Danny Crow on Big Ron Manager (The SKy one documentary about Peterborough)?

Thank god we got rid...

[/quote]

Good bump Trent !   Crow`s   hysterical performance   must  have  sounded  a warning siren   in the offices  of clubs   who might be contemplating   buying the little nerk ......   like  , do we want   a potential  troublemaker   , with " ATTITUDE  "     tattood    on the chip on his shoulder ?   

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Thank god we got rid...

[/quote]Didn''t see it unfortunately but can I add to this thread by saying NO MORE MALKY THREADS too?!!! That magnificent first team player is now playing reserves for Watford and lets face it he is no better than what we have end of story. Simply not prem quality. His strengths are in the air but when you have the likes of Henry, Johnson, Owen, Rooney and Bellamy to play against it wont get you far.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Christ, we are lucky Craig Bellamy wasnt at the club during Worthy''s tenure if any player with attitude tatooed on the chip on their shoulder is shipped out....

[/quote]

Don''t you just love these old threads!!! The more opinions people have the more they can come back to haunt them! You seem to have loads of opinions so tell me please, whats wrong with Craig Bellamy''s attitude???

Christ, we are lucky Craig Bellamy wasnt at the club during Worthy''s tenure if any player with attitude tatooed on the chip on their shoulder is shipped out....

[/quote]Oh please! Some people are simply idiotic sometimes!CJF after suggesting Mike Walker was one of the best managers in recent history you seem to have forgotten the players he let go for having an attitude.As for Bellamy having an attitude - it seems to me that it is something that is %70 beefed up rumour. The only serious attitude he had was with Souness and I think its fair to say that he is not the only player to have ever found the man hard to work with.He was fine at Norwich under Rioch who is a manager noted for his strict approach to football management and did not have a problem. He played under Boby Robson who said that he was a "character" but nothing he couldnt handle and Strachen who is also known to have a hard line with players with attitude.And for your information he was at Norwich under Nigel Worthington - one season whilst he was assistant manager.Worthington has fallen out with one or two players and it seems hard that you can use McKenzie as an example of that. Otherwise its more like Rivers and Heckingbottam because both thought that they were good enough without having to put the effort in. Now that I am going into the seccond season of managing I can tell you I don''t want players like that. I want players that want to learn, to improve every time they play and who want to play at a higher level but know they have to work hard to earn that reward. I am sure that most of the top managers are the same.I refer to the recent case. Wenger representing Arsenal FC vs A. Cole (now of Chelsea FC).As for Crow - he seems to have a mullet these days!

[/quote]

Perspective please..

I could handle an attitude on a quality player who was international and premiership bound, but an attitude on a league 2 standard player? No thanks..

Don''t understand where the problem is about Craig Bellamy''s attitude, I heard he was first in for training and last to leave, also heard he is a top representative for his club doing all the hospital visits or whatever... has time for the fans.. what have you heard CJF??? Oh.. he also doesn''t suffer fools gladly so ... um.... best not ask him direct! [;)]

[quote]Don''t understand where the problem is about Craig Bellamy''s attitude, I heard he was first in for training and last to leave, also heard he is a top representative for his club doing all the hospital visits or whatever... has time for the fans.. what have you heard CJF??? Oh.. he also doesn''t suffer fools gladly so ... um.... best not ask him direct![/quote]

Well, far be it for me to stand up for chicken-head, but I heard he was locked into the loos on the team bus while at Norwich for winding people up.  Could just be high spirits from youngsters, could be peoples way of telling him to shut up...

I''ve also heard that while he was on loan at Celtic during the games he''d ask the bloke marking him how much he was paid, and then tell the defender that it was less than he paid his gardener.  He''d then offer the bloke some gardening work throughout the game.  One persons'' attitude is anothers'' sense of humour I suppose.

[quote user="chicken"]

He played under Boby Robson who said that he was a "character" but nothing he couldnt handle

[/quote]

Funny Bobby Robson got the sack for not being able to handle a dressing room of which Craig Bellamy was a part. 

Far be it from me to suggest that the self proffessed ''Welsh Juninho'' has an attitude:

Of course Bellamy''s attitude is never far from a discussion but again Robson had a view on that "The thing with Bellamy, he wasn''t so destructive, he wasn''t so difficult. He was - how can I put this - an irritant. But I said to myself at times: ''I can put up with this, because on Saturday afternoons, he''ll help us win matches.".

Bellamy certainly believes that his absence has cost Newcastle dear – and has wasted no time in letting his former team mates know this. Following their 4-1 humiliation in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United, Alan Shearer was reportedly bombarded with nasty, gloating text messages from the Welsh striker. He reportedly told Shearer that he was past it and his legs had gone

http://www.squarefootball.net/article/article.asp?aid=1946

http://www.xlab.co.uk/weblog/547

http://www.swota2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Craigs comments on Coventry City  "Rubbish club, rubbish supporters, rubbish stadium, rubbish city," [:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Don''t understand where the problem is about Craig Bellamy''s attitude, I heard he was first in for training and last to leave, also heard he is a top representative for his club doing all the hospital visits or whatever... has time for the fans.. what have you heard CJF??? Oh.. he also doesn''t suffer fools gladly so ... um.... best not ask him direct![/quote]

Well, far be it for me to stand up for chicken-head, but I heard he was locked into the loos on the team bus while at Norwich for winding people up.  Could just be high spirits from youngsters, could be peoples way of telling him to shut up...

I''ve also heard that while he was on loan at Celtic during the games he''d ask the bloke marking him how much he was paid, and then tell the defender that it was less than he paid his gardener.  He''d then offer the bloke some gardening work throughout the game.  One persons'' attitude is anothers'' sense of humour I suppose.

[/quote]

I also heard those things but I think he was always popular with his team mates. Wasn''t he known as "best at the club" for his arrogant ways?? But thats not the kind of bad attitude that is being referred to on this thread...is it??