Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Dario Gradi

Surely with Crewe getting relegated, he is the most obvious choice to take us forward. (Obviously would have to pursuade him to leave Crewe after 163 years there!!)....Anyone else agree?

Hes done a brilliant job at Crewe under their circumstances but i would not like to see him as our new manager. However I wouldnt mind buying 2 of their players Billy Jones and David Vaughan.

Dario Gradi MBE   would be an absolute  treasure  for NCFC !    he`s took Crewe  to promotion 5 times  , scores  of kids he`s trained  have gone on to be key prem players , during the time he`s been with Crewe   the club has blossomed into  a modern stadium with good facilities  , and a decent crowd , unfortunately  not large enough to  stop them having to sell all their best players .....

The fact that he`s been with Crewe over twenty years  , surely a record for any manager ?    says  that he`s  got a good contract  , and that he likes it there !    but if I were in  the boots of the board   I would make an approach   for him ....   what a youth team coach he would make  , if not a manager  !!

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]Hes done a brilliant job at Crewe under their circumstances but i would not like to see him as our new manager. However I wouldnt mind buying 2 of their players Billy Jones and David Vaughan.[/quote]

And Kenny Lunt

Top bloke building a sustainable football model not entirely dependent on finances by identifying, developing and deploying talented youngsters.

However bigger clubs than ours have tried to entice him away without joy and his conection with Crewe is beyond anything we can break. 

dario gradi will never leave crewe.

and besides, surely the biggest lesson to be learned from the crewe success story (and, despite their relegation this season, it certainly has been a success story) is that keeping faith in a manager over a long period of time can often pay dividends. i''m not actually convinced that sticking with worthy is necessarily the way forward, but theres certainly a very good argument for it, as the likes of gradi and curbishley have shown.

He is crew through and through and will never come.
BTW dont use dario gradi as a example for why worthy should stay, its absolute rubbish and you know it.

well, i don''t know it actually. i''m undecided on the issue. why not give some decent argument on the issue rather than just telling me what to think.

the biggest flaw to your point is that crewe and norwich are cimpletely different clubs, one is rich and fighting for the preimership the other is poor and is always at the bottom of the league. Im not telling you what to think, im stating the facts of the matter.

I really don''t know about this one. He''s done a great job at Crewe and a lot of youth players has done brilliantly for them but how much is that down to Gradi and how much down to their youth coaches/selection policy? I think it would be a risky appointment personally but I would welcome him with open arms if it meant Worthy was going!

I know this is an old post, but thought i would just mention one thing. I''m not trying to get our nige off the hook here, but there is one critical thing that Dario got that no other manager was given - job security. I know people will say that worthys job appears safe, but i mean contractually safe. Gradi was given the go ahead to bring youth through to keep Crewe alive as a selling club. Even if they got relegated, they would still be able to survive. Gradi has always been told to concentrate on new youth, not the ones already playing.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]the biggest flaw to your point is that crewe and norwich are cimpletely different clubs, one is rich and fighting for the preimership the other is poor and is always at the bottom of the league. Im not telling you what to think, im stating the facts of the matter.[/quote]

How many millions of pounds in debt do you need to be to qualify as rich?

i think its pretty fair to say that Dario Gradi is the only manager in the country (other than perhaps fergie) who wont ever be sacked... he will be in that job till he dies and wont be going anywhere.

jas :)