Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

Lap of honour on last home game

I can see it now. The players come out with their kids and old frank looks at old ted in the stand and says "I don''t know about you, but I blame the parents"

Why should the players children be exempt from what is going on?  After all, the children who come and support the team week in week out have had to put up with watching rubbish all season. 

Seriously though, I hope the players who are dads have the common sense to say they won''t let their children on the pitch.  Whatever happens: empty stands, a mass walk-out, slow hand-clap, boos, it won''t be a very happy occasion.

[quote user="mystic megson"]If the lap of honour follows the usual format, ie. players coming out with their children, what will you do then?[/quote]

A difficult one - I dunno...  Bit of a conundrum there mystic!  I certainnly won''t be staying and clapping lets put it that way.  I cant iomagine too many will especially if we lose (fickle footy fans)

Why should the players’ kids be exempt from whatever is going on?  After all, the children who come and support the team week in week out have had to put up with watching rubbish all season. 

Seriously though, I hope the players who are Dads have the common sense to say they won''t let their children on the pitch.... 

............empty stands, a mass walk-out, slow hand-clap, boos, it won''t be a very happy occasion.

1,177 views of this thread since last night at the last count!! That''s about twice as many as even the most popular posts usually have, and three or four times more than average.  Modifiers, any idea what''s going on?

[quote user="Old Yella Bird"]

Why should the players’ kids be exempt from whatever is going on?  After all, the children who come and support the team week in week out have had to put up with watching rubbish all season. 

Seriously though, I hope the players who are Dads have the common sense to say they won''t let their children on the pitch.... 

............empty stands, a mass walk-out, slow hand-clap, boos, it won''t be a very happy occasion.

[/quote]

Yeah Yella, and if they don''t listen, we''ll petrol bomb their houses!

Jesus Christ, get a grip.

Chunky

[quote user="Old Yella Bird"]

Why should the players children be exempt from what is going on?  After all, the children who come and support the team week in week out have had to put up with watching rubbish all season. 

Seriously though, I hope the players who are dads have the common sense to say they won''t let their children on the pitch.  Whatever happens: empty stands, a mass walk-out, slow hand-clap, boos, it won''t be a very happy occasion.

[/quote]

Excellent good post - a bit of comman sense amonst a lot of rubbish!

Letting them all do a lap of whatever to an empty(ing) stadium has got to be the most effective way of getting the point across, one last time.

i agree ,let them see what its like, to show them that we aren,t bothered, its what they,ve bee doing most of the season, in their apathetic performances, its a sure fire way to let them know how we feel, along with the board, and the manager.

chants of "we want Worthy out" for all players, board members, and of course the eejit himsel fot hear would go down a treat thank you!

jas :)

[quote user="ChunkyChris Plant"][quote user="Old Yella Bird"]

[/quote]

Yeah Yella, and if they don''t listen, we''ll petrol bomb their houses!

Jesus Christ, get a grip.

Chunky

[/quote]

whats your point??  I will be booing or chanting, why not - the last thing the team or manager deserves is to be clapped off at the end of this season - It aint gonna be pretty if we don''t beat wolves (fickle fans) or even if we do.....

I would stay to watch Worthington, hands and feet bound together, carried around the perimeter track by two burly, bare chested and oiled up feral looking chaps suspended on a pole bourne on their muscular shoulders. I can visualise it now while the PA plays and the crowd sings ''The Lion Sleeps Tonight.'' Oh! ''awinaway awinaway awinaway awinaway awinaway awinaway awinaway awinaway!''

Personally, i think worthy could be gone by the wolves match - unity and atmosphere at that match could be restored to give hope for next season.otherwise, why not call it day ''turn up late and leave early day?''

"Personally, i think worthy could be gone by the wolves match - unity and atmosphere at that match could be restored to give hope for next season."

LGW - Your joking surely? Worthy isn''t going anywhere until at least 2012 when he will be representing GB in the newly formed Olympic sports of "Hoofer"and "repetitive gum chewing" naaaat a mean !

I shall be most definately ''doin'' a runner'' the minute the final whistle blows.......I refuse to hang around for a pretentious, subdued and patronising encore, as I personally don''t feel that the Board, Players or management, deserve any complimentary praise whatsoever, for the pathetic, sub-standard and underachieving season that I have personally witnessed both home and away.

Maybe an empty stadium may indicate to the club that all is not well......Then again, the season ticket dosh is in the bank, and to NCFC,  that is a sign of success and good business, profit over performance......OTBC [8o|]  

Sadly LGT i have a feeling that come august the clueless one will still be "hoping it all come together" and "having him watched... we like the look of him" :(

jas :)

I personally wouldnt feel comfortable with any shouting or chats at the players, their partners and their kids whilst they are doing their lap of shame! I will be long gone before that starts and would have thought that if the majority do the same, the message will be loud and clear.

Upset their families and kids, no, thats not what Norwich City fans are all about.