Sign in to follow this  
Bobzilla

Is this good news for us?

I think it is.  The best result for us on Wednesday is Coventry kicking seven shades out of Hull, and I don't think they'd have been keen to play as hard if they had a day at Wembley guaranteed.

Tough on Coventry, but the best outcome for us I think.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't care because we'll beat Swansea and Birmingham 

Did you watch us against brizzle, we need to improve to get anything from those games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

Did you watch us against brizzle, we need to improve to get anything from those games

We've been much better in many games before Briz. We'll be fine. 

Other teams are allowed to get a result too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, debbie does norwich said:

If we don't get the 4 points required from those two games then quite frankly we wouldn't deserve play offs 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry will be physically and mentally exhausted after today. Great time for Hull to play them. 

Yeah agreed, 120 mins and they gave everything. Hull will fancy it.

Agreed on the Hull perspective, they will have been delighted to see Coventry players exhausted having already had an extra day's rest as well.

If we can't do enough in our remaining games then we don't deserve top 6.

The important thing is carrying momentum I to the play-offs. I think we'll be fine and couldn't care less really what other teams do.

1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

I think it is.  The best result for us on Wednesday is Coventry kicking seven shades out of Hull, and I don't think they'd have been keen to play as hard if they had a day at Wembley guaranteed.

Thoughts?

eh ?

A draw would mean Hull only being able to reach 73 points, same as Coventry

A win for either keeps the possibility of one reaching 75 points

My thought is that we already have enough points,

Yesterday's results saw Hull (and Coventry's) seasonal average drop to 70.5. That has been the figure for sixth place, give or take a point, since the turn of the year.

27 minutes ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

A draw would mean Hull only being able to reach 73 points, same as Coventry

A win for either keeps the possibility of one reaching 75 points

My thought is that we already have enough points,

Yesterday's results saw Hull (and Coventry's) seasonal average drop to 70.5. That has been the figure for sixth place, give or take a point, since the turn of the year.

Good point.  I ****ed up the game in hand when playing each other.  A Hull victory would be bad for us, a Coventry victory would put them on same points as Hull but with a game in hand, but a draw does most damage to both.

Not sure. I think they'll both throw the kitchen sink at it. They'll have no choice come the latter stages at least. Neither can really afford to draw, neither can really afford to lose.

A draw potentially hurts Hull more due to their inferior goal difference. They'd both then rely on winning all of their remaining games and us losing outs to finish a point ahead of us.

They might start off cagey, and try to play a bit of tactical chess to try and get a goal that they can then build on, but that could be risky, and hitting 60mins at 1-0 up or drawing and you should expect both teams to start throwing everything they have at it. Whoever loses is out baring nothing short of miracles. 

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not sure. I think they'll both throw the kitchen sink at it. They'll have no choice come the latter stages at least. Neither can really afford to draw, neither can really afford to lose.

A draw potentially hurts Hull more due to their inferior goal difference. They'd both then rely on winning all of their remaining games and us losing outs to finish a point ahead of us.

They might start off cagey, and try to play a bit of tactical chess to try and get a goal that they can then build on, but that could be risky, and hitting 60mins at 1-0 up or drawing and you should expect both teams to start throwing everything they have at it. Whoever loses is out baring nothing short of miracles. 

If we don’t make the Play-Offs We’ll only have ourselves to blame. Currently 1/33 to make the top 6, those odds seem about right. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If we don’t make the Play-Offs We’ll only have ourselves to blame. Currently 1/33 to make the top 6, those odds seem about right. 

Yup.

Hull v Cov this week is  a rearranged fixture from an earlier FA cup round. Such a pity, the Binners game with Cov (rearranged from weekend just past) couldnt have been this week instead of next, with cov. still having a shout of the playoffs, at WBA's expense obviously. The binners' fixtures timings have fallen so kindly for them. I know teams in mid-table have been very competitive recently, with naught to play for, but disappointment of falling short of playoffs may have the 'on the beach' effect when cov. and Hull play the bins. Never mind, if Leeds can pick up 2 points more than them over the final 3 games, they'll pip the binners to the autos on GD. I am assuming Leicester won't mess up. 

WBA play Sheff. W. next away. Could be very tough.

If either team is to win tonight it would be better, IMHO, for it to be Hull, as their goal difference is decently worse than ours, so if we did end up tied on 75 points with them then chances are we'd just scrape it on GD. I'm not sure the same would apply with Coventry.

10 minutes ago, Grando said:

If either team is to win tonight it would be better, IMHO, for it to be Hull, as their goal difference is decently worse than ours, so if we did end up tied on 75 points with them then chances are we'd just scrape it on GD. I'm not sure the same would apply with Coventry.

I doubt either will win tonight. Tomorrow perhaps.

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2024 at 18:29, Bobzilla said:

Thoughts?

I can see Coventry being a spent force after their cup exploits recently and Hull to win, but who knows. Im sure they'll be more twists and turns.

Hull are no competition for the play offs.  So inconsistent could not be expected to win three games to go.  Particularly useless at home, not much better away.  No sweat so stop you're worrying.  No extra points needed.