Sign in to follow this  
If wed kept Howie..

****Official Match Thread - Norwich v Bristol City****

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Quite a strange thing today, of course there will be some but everybody I spoke to at the game had voted Kenny McClean as their POTS, yet on here he is being absoloutely ripped apart. Also everyone that sat near me thought that when Rowe came on we looked that bit weaker, yet on here everybody seems to think he was amazing. Funny old world.

Probably the difference between those that were at the game and those that watched on the radio.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Go three up front Just try it. Try and win a game that we don't look like winning. Just try..........guess this is why this fella won't be here next season,regardless.

Why not go 4 up front and really really try? They were already carving out chances with how we were set up and we needed Gunn to save us as it was. A third forward on at the expense of our midfield would have made things worse imo.

That point could be the difference between play off and not. It’s his style to be pragmatic rather than play the risky option. Frustrating at times I agree but that’s just how he sees it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Why not go 4 up front and really really try? They were already carving out chances with how we were set up and we needed Gunn to save us as it was. A third forward on at the expense of our midfield would have made things worse imo.

That point could be the difference between play off and not. It’s his style to be pragmatic rather than play the risky option. Frustrating at times I agree but that’s just how he sees it.

Yup, that point, from what I can work out, means Coventry and Hull cannot lose a game.

Coventry are on 63, two games behind us, on 72. In other words they have 4 games left to play, and 12 points to play for. Win all 4 and it's 75pts.

Hull have a game in hand on 66pts. So essentially are exactly the same as Cov in terms of max points.

That point means they need to win all of their games to be sure. And they play each other. A draw at this point, would pretty much end any hope for either of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Indeed. That's pretty much what Preston did last week against us. And it made us more likely to score, not them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

I think it's time that 1-1-8 was revived personally. It's been a while since we've seen that. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Valid points except that when Sorensen came on Sara was pushed further forward so the midfield was no stronger really.

It was all a bit messy the moment Rowe came on.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think it's time that 1-1-8 was revived personally. It's been a while since we've seen that. 😂

Didn’t we do that against Blackburn at home?  Oddly, it didn’t go so badly!

Given how Hull went (and having watched the highlights this morning they should have won by a mile), yesterday’s draw wasn’t too bad.  But the performance level will have to be much, much higher if we are to have any chance in the playoffs should we get there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nunez had given the ball away more unfortunately, and obviously doesn't have the physical side to his game that Mclean does so I think he's always going to be the one that gives way in that specific situation.

If we had midfield options of De Bruyne, Rice, Mac Allister and Mclean you'd still find reasons why KDB should rotate with Mac Allister and if you're protecting a lead Rice should be the one to make way.

30 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If we had midfield options of De Bruyne, Rice, Mac Allister and Mclean you'd still find reasons why KDB should rotate with Mac Allister and if you're protecting a lead Rice should be the one to make way.

I was just stating a fact and explaining why an experienced football manager and coaching team felt the same. 😉

I feel like in hindsight some of our players were taken back that Bristol tried playing football. So many times this season we have played at home and teams have respected us and just sat back and let us attack them while Bristol however clearly tried doing the opposite.

Bristol had nothing riding on the game; if they had, they wouldn't have played that way. It's why managers constantly go on about "being brave"  and playing with "freedom", which Bristol did. Hopefully, Swansea weren't watching.

George Burley was in the away directors area yesterday, anyone know whether is is still connected with Ipswich?

On 21/04/2024 at 08:19, Conrad said:

Probably the difference between those that were at the game and those that watched on the radio.

Would just change the word game, to games