cambridgeshire canary

Rowe; In jail if not for Webber?

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

The guy is a complete tool

🎯 100%.

18 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

In about 1998 we released a 13 year old East-London born black striker of Jamaican heritage named Kane Robinson.

He's now 38.

He has not been to jail.

He's been one of the pioneers of a music genre, made millions in music, and acting, been shortlisted for two Mercury Prizes, won two MOBO awards, been nominated for 4 more MOBO's, been shortlisted for a Brit Award, sold millions of albums, starred in one of Netflix's biggest transatlantic exports, and had 2 x UK top 10 albums, and does extensive charity work to raise money for charities in Newham. 

He's more commonly known as Kano. 

Meanwhile we've just had a 21 year old Peterborough born and raised white midfielder spend time in prison for dangerous driving, and we've got the Ferrari driving Norfolk-born and bred white son of a formerly jailed white Norfolk born and raised League Cup winning midfielder facing some serious criminal charges. Not to mention another white privately-educated (locally) son of a Norwich legend, Ben Huckerby, jailed for street robberies and drug possession. 

Webber has really shown his prejudice here. It might not be conscious racism, but it is certain the type of habitual unconscious bias that you'd expect from a tabloid reading moron. Webber is a moron.

Cheers for that info, i didnt know that and was able to impress my 31 year old son with my, albeit very fresh, knowledge... he's played me his music before and we both Enjoyed his character, Sully.......

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Mengo said:

🎯 100%.

It does seem a staggeringly stupid thing to say. Especially as its clearly untrue. What is it with these self important egotists that they think they can invent an alternative (and incorrect)reality unchallenged.....He'll be claiming an ST in perpituity next, for 'helping' the Club, oh and singlehandedly saving the nations black youth from a life of crime 

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

The club should not be getting involved. Or is he still working out his notice? 

Trouble is some articles are saying he is still our director of football, if not our ex dof. He states 4 of our players or ex and their parents are involved.  This has dragged Norwich totally into it. 

Just now, mannings bandy legs said:

Yep. Seems he's apologising now. Hopefully now,he'll just slide away and climb his mountain.

Bet he wishes he was up there today 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

It does seem a staggeringly stupid thing to say. Especially as its clearly untrue. What is it with these self important egotists that they think they can invent an alternative (and incorrect)reality unchallenged.....He'll be claiming an ST in perpituity next, for 'helping' the Club, oh and singlehandedly saving the nations black youth from a life of crime 

Don't  be giving  the EGO ideas , anything is possible.  This is man (if its possible  to call him that), with a massive problem. 

There goes that dream European Formula 1 position at Stoke City 

When are the club, especially those at the top going to come out with a statement to condemn this statement from Mr Webber?

Especially as Mrs Webber is a top director now. 

He really has stirred up a hornets nest with it now being on the BBC sport website too.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hogesar said:

Again, learn to read. I'm not defending his comments, just pointing out he isn't a racist and actually "does actions" to back that up.

His comments, or actions, indicate he is in fact racist, however you try to spin it, so how the hell can you defend him ffs? 

And what are these actions he does to prove he isn’t racist? 

This action as you call it is the total opposite to your defence and indicates he is indeed, racist. 

Edited by TheBaldOne66
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think that's unlikely when it's still in the articles.

I mean, is this the only requirement? If Knapper takes us to League One it's OK because he was more commercially professional?

I would be talking about how lucky we are yet, especially taking his first signing into account.

Yet again you use events to attack Knapper. Why?

So far he hasn't told the supporters they should go and support someone else if they don't like it, he hasn't picked a fight with fans and made a gesture towards them that signifies 'wan*kers', he hasn't given disastrous media interviews which result in bad publicity for the club, he hasn't made it clear he can leave any time he wants so screw you, he hasn't called devoted fans 'divorcees', and he hasn't made any comments that suggest (at least) unconscious racist bias.

Are the actions listed in the above paragraph how you believe a serious SD should behave?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Yet again you use events to attack Knapper. Why?

So far he hasn't told the supporters they should go and support someone else if they don't like it, he hasn't picked a fight with fans and made a gesture towards them that signifies 'wan*kers', he hasn't given disastrous media interviews which result in bad publicity for the club, he hasn't made it clear he can leave any time he wants so screw you, he hasn't called devoted fans 'divorcees', and he hasn't made any comments that suggest (at least) unconscious racist bias.

Are the actions listed in the above paragraph how you believe a serious SD should behave?

I'm not attacking Knapper whatsoever. I just queried how the view that we now have a "professional" SD (you know, the post I quoted) would hold much value if he significantly underperformed in his actual job.

I'm not surprised Knapper hasn't done any of the things you've mentioned as he's only just got into the job and not really done anything of note.

Edited by hogesar

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I'm not attacking Knapper whatsoever. I just queried how the view that we now have a "professional" SD (you know, the post I quoted) would hold much value if he significantly underperformed in his actual job.

I'm not surprised Knapper hasn't done any of the things you've mentioned as he's not done much of anything so far.

You have no idea what he has done so far unless you are employed by the club.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Talk sport on it now.

Article says that the head of kick it out has stated that they will be contacting Norwich city to get their observations on the matter. 

So he really is dragging us with him, even while not employed by us!

Screenshot_20240324-183948~2.png

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Talk sport on it now 

Screenshot_20240324-183948~2.png

More negative publicity for the club from someone whose mouth is bigger than his IQ.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

More negative publicity for the club from someone whose mouth is bigger than his IQ.

Yep. Just added this to the above. 

Article says that the head of kick it out has stated that they will be contacting Norwich city to get their observations on the matter. 

So he really is dragging us with him, even while not employed by us

!

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

You have no idea what he has done so far unless you are employed by the club.

OK. He's visibly done very little and certainly nothing of note that's spoken about. Apart from loaning out a goalscoring sub and replacing with an unfit, non scoring one.

Just now, slaphead said:

He is still employed by us.Untill end of March.

2 days ago. Webber handed over to Ben Knapper in November last year, calling time on six-and-a-half years in charge of the Canaries’ football strategy, but officially departs next week at the end of his notice period. So there you go. The bawbag has landed again. Take that , for a parting gift from big Stu ,the ultimate ego. How embarrassing for Norwich City. 

Kick It Out later said in a statement: "The comments made by former Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber where he has resorted to racially profiling several players in an interview are deeply offensive and concerning.

"To read such callous language being used by someone who until recently was a senior executive at the top of the English game paints a very damning picture.

"Resorting to lazy stereotyping is clearly upsetting for those who have been targeted, but also shows a complete lack of respect for their families, who have played a huge part in the journeys that the players have been on.

We will be contacting Norwich City for their observations

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

OK. He's visibly done very little and certainly nothing of note that's spoken about. Apart from loaning out a goalscoring sub and replacing with an unfit, non scoring one.

Fair enough. VISIBLY done very little. Neither you nor I know what he's doing behind the scenes.

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Kick It Out later said in a statement: "The comments made by former Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber where he has resorted to racially profiling several players in an interview are deeply offensive and concerning.

"To read such callous language being used by someone who until recently was a senior executive at the top of the English game paints a very damning picture.

"Resorting to lazy stereotyping is clearly upsetting for those who have been targeted, but also shows a complete lack of respect for their families, who have played a huge part in the journeys that the players have been on.

We will be contacting Norwich City for their observations

And who will be the spokesman or spokeswoman for Norwich City Football Club. What a total farce.