The way they gone about their "illustrious history" you'd think they dominated the leagues and cups for decades, but no one can remember them actually winning anything because it was so bloody long ago. It'd be like Blackpool and Preston fans constantly banging on about their history, but it just doesn't happen.

What always makes me laugh is that they ridicule our league cup wins, but you just know if they'd won it there'd be another star appearing 😂

• Like 1

23 clubs have won the FA Cup more times than their single win.

The list if one time winners is long and includes the likes of Wimbledon and Wigan since their victory

10 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Just ignore them, they are as insignificant to us now as they were for the last 15 

But their not are they, the season is building to a cresendo with prospect of playing our rivals in play offs, same rivals who have been exultant at their recent hegemony . 

I wonder if it grates on them a little that the championship trophy that we've been handed for winning the championship 3 times in the last 20 years is the same actual trophy that they cream over winning? 😂

Truth is, they've been bang average throughout their history, apart from a 20 year hiatus,  they've done nothing..... but they can't stop talking about it. 

As someone mentioned,  two years ago, they were struggling to attract 14,000 through the gate,  now it's double that, tinpot Club,tinpot fans.....

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Truth is, they've been bang average throughout their history, apart from a 20 year hiatus,  they've done nothing..... but they can't stop talking about it. 

As someone mentioned,  two years ago, they were struggling to attract 14,000 through the gate,  now it's double that, tinpot Club,tinpot fans.....

I mean, that’s not close to being true. Buy I get your point, I think. 

Again, I’d hardly say we’re superior. Yes our attendances have been very good for 20 years. But the hint of mediocrity and they have started to fall by a couple of thousand… if you think we’d still get 25k plus after 10+ seasons of mid table championship football, you’re delusional. We’d be well below 20k too, as we were in the late 90s.

48 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I mean, that’s not close to being true. Buy I get your point, I think. 

Again, I’d hardly say we’re superior. Yes our attendances have been very good for 20 years. But the hint of mediocrity and they have started to fall by a couple of thousand… if you think we’d still get 25k plus after 10+ seasons of mid table championship football, you’re delusional. We’d be well below 20k too, as we were in the late 90s.

I don’t think it was 2 years ago but he’s not far off.

All these grandiose announcements about training grounds and stadium redevelopment….don’t you think they’re slightly ahead of themselves?? Good luck with that if you don’t get promoted, lose your manager and drift again - which, is just as likely as it is all going to plan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

I don’t think it was 2 years ago but he’s not far off.

All these grandiose announcements about training grounds and stadium redevelopment….don’t you think they’re slightly ahead of themselves?? Good luck with that if you don’t get promoted, lose your manager and drift again - which, is just as likely as it is all going to plan. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/677

They dropped to 16,000 in last few seasons before being relegated to league one. What's real interesting is them dropping to the 12,000s in the 90s. Ours have not dropped that low (ignoring covid seasons of course..) since the 1930s!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1123

It's funny for all the years that they were playing brilliant football under Robson, they only scooped two trophies.

Since then they have achieved very little. Even in the late 80's and early 90's we were the better team, worth remembering that we were barred from Europe for (at least) three seasons due to the Heysel Disaster.

7 minutes ago, TheRock said:

It's funny for all the years that they were playing brilliant football under Robson, they only scooped two trophies.

Since then they have achieved very little. Even in the late 80's and early 90's we were the better team, worth remembering that we were barred from Europe for (at least) three seasons due to the Heysel Disaster.

Yeah, funnily enough they never mention that

Just seen on Anglia News there’s proposals for a new development near Portaloo that will mean an extension to their ground… 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Just seen on Anglia News there’s proposals for a new development near Portaloo that will mean an extension to their ground… 

40,000 capacity apparently. Come on Attanasio, this is what you have to beat.

Screenshot_20240312_190545_Facebook.jpg

Edited by shefcanary
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

40,000 capacity apparently. Come on Attanasio, this is what you have to beat.

Screenshot_20240312_190545_Facebook.jpg

All of a sudden they want to extend the stadium since they’re in the playoffs. A few seasons ago they could barely get north of 10k at the ‘loo. Amazing how all the plastics are coming out of the woodwork now. 

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

All of a sudden they want to extend the stadium since they’re in the playoffs. A few seasons ago they could barely get north of 10k at the ‘loo. Amazing how all the plastics are coming out of the woodwork now. 

Funny isnt it? Unable to even hit 20,000 for multiple seasons running and now all their plastics have come out they want 40,000 capaciy?

• Thanks 1