Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

South Stand Ultra Spotted in Germany............

Not helped matters that Darmstadt are struggling in the Bundesliga whilst Heidenheim, who went up with them and won the 2. Bundesliga on goal difference, are comfortably in mid-table in their first ever Bundesliga season.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't what's worse; the fan or the players meekly standing there listening to him!

Kenny would have sparked him out 🤣

• Haha 1

Alan Pardew was on Talksport last night and discussing how in some countries 'Ultras' will demand that they turn up at training to 'have words' with the players, as he had experience of it himself in Greece.

It's quite surreal seeing it on the pitch like that though, part of me likes it, another part of me thinks that the players are equally as gutted than the fans and already 'get it'.  I think that from a fans perspective it perhaps does take away some of the anger and frustration seeing players getting a dressing down though, as humans, we just love a bit of blood.

• Like 1

He been playing too much Championship manager, thinks he can give the team talk.

He also looks a lot like Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc.

Is Zimbo injured - I think if he was playing he would have interacted with the fan?

I would suggest that this was something their head coach set up though. Probably as the 6th went in he sent a club official around the pitch to the Ultra and asked for him to give the head coach a call, who then briefed him on what he wanted to say to the squad. 

Ultras have a massive say in running clubs in Europe. In fact many of them control the season tickets. Ensuring the right fans get discounts and get to sit together. They also as mentioned above will go to the ground to discuss performance. 

I do feel this is where English football has been behind. We now have the sporting directors to manage the strategy and football decisions. The next step is fan engagement to a deeper level.

I would welcome players having to explain themselves to the fans and to listen to their perspectives. Football is a community and essentially tribal let’s not pretend it’s not. Bleed for the shirt, show passion at every moment and challenge one another to be better each day.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

Ultras have a massive say in running clubs in Europe. In fact many of them control the season tickets. Ensuring the right fans get discounts and get to sit together. They also as mentioned above will go to the ground to discuss performance. 

I do feel this is where English football has been behind. We now have the sporting directors to manage the strategy and football decisions. The next step is fan engagement to a deeper level.

I would welcome players having to explain themselves to the fans and to listen to their perspectives. Football is a community and essentially tribal let’s not pretend it’s not. Bleed for the shirt, show passion at every moment and challenge one another to be better each day.  

Thing is "the fans" is an incredibly broad and diverse group. Over a million people follow NCFC on Facebook, so how many of those get to give the team their pearls of wisdom to "Just geddit forrard!" or "kick it to the big man and he can score a ghoul"?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Thing is "the fans" is an incredibly broad and diverse group. Over a million people follow NCFC on Facebook, so how many of those get to give the team their pearls of wisdom to "Just geddit forrard!" or "kick it to the big man and he can score a ghoul"?

How many would you let on here? Case rested. It's the empty vessels...