Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Leeds new S/T to have min usage restrictions

You will have to attend 80% of the games next season 2024/25 or you will not be permitted to renew in 2025/26.

• Like 1

Great policy providing the ticket exchange is user friendly. 

Another option we could try is offer season ticket holders a discount to opt out of scheduled midweek matches as per the original fixture list as so many of them clearly decline.

All you have to do is turn up for the register then bunk off with your mates, just make sure you don't get caught nicking the pick n mix in Woolies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

All you have to do is turn up for the register then bunk off with your mates, just make sure you don't get caught nicking the pick n mix in Woolies.

You don’t even have to turn up, you can put it on the ticket exchange and then nick from Woolies( other stores actually currently exist) to your heart’s content!

Seems a good idea to fill out the ground, providing there is demand for any spare seats going. I'm not sure we really have that demand and there would be an overhead in administering the system. 

Also, having one of the higher priced season tickets in the country, morally it feels as though you should be allowed to use it as you please? 80% seems quite a high attendance rate really.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You will have to attend 80% of the games next season 2024/25 or you will not be permitted to renew in 2025/26.

thats a little harsh when I was ill couldnt even give my ticket away for a midweek game /same with working late

8 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

thats a little harsh when I was ill couldnt even give my ticket away for a midweek game /same with working late

Hence the Norwich midweek challenge. Under Leeds policy I guess you wouldn't risk any penalty providing you put them on the Ticket Exchange.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Hence the Norwich midweek challenge. Under Leeds policy I guess you wouldn't risk any penalty providing you put them on the Ticket Exchange.

You are in a dream world.
Whilst we are mid table no one wants our tickets, when we can’t travel a 360 mile round trip due to work, or do want to travel in the snow wind rain and ice on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, to get home at between 1 and 2 in the morning, and be up by 6:15 for work the same morning.

Leeds are different, they have a 20,000 waiting list, they are going for auto promotion and next year will likely be in the Premiership. On a cold wet night would I do a 360 mile round trip, to watch Norwich v Rotherham ? Probably not unless there was more at stake. Would somebody want my ticket ? Absoloutely not.

You also seem to forget, Leeds following every game is probably 3 times ours. Unless we were battling for the autos in the last few games of the season, the only full houses we would have would be Leeds and Ipswich and they could well both be promoted this year.

A big game tomorrow, but if you want to go, still loads of seats available, so if I put mine into buy back it would still be empty if I wasn’t going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

You are in a dream world.
Whilst we are mid table no one wants our tickets, when we can’t travel a 360 mile round trip due to work, or do want to travel in the snow wind rain and ice on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, to get home at between 1 and 2 in the morning, and be up by 6:15 for work the same morning.

Leeds are different, they have a 20,000 waiting list, they are going for auto promotion and next year will likely be in the Premiership. On a cold wet night would I do a 360 mile round trip, to watch Norwich v Rotherham ? Probably not unless there was more at stake. Would somebody want my ticket ? Absoloutely not.

You also seem to forget, Leeds following every game is probably 3 times ours. Unless we were battling for the autos in the last few games of the season, the only full houses we would have would be Leeds and Ipswich and they could well both be promoted this year.

A big game tomorrow, but if you want to go, still loads of seats available, so if I put mine into buy back it would still be empty if I wasn’t going.

All of which proves my point entirely. That a good proportion of season tickets at Carrow Road are bought by long distance supporters who at times can't get to matches whereas locals are priced out with relatively high prices for elements of the local economy and the Club failing to be proactive in not providing a trading facility whilst hoping it can sell stray restricted view seats for high prices. You are right about Leeds too but that doesn't stop our Club hierarchy delusion.

Brentford & Arsenal have similar schemes, with the common thread being that clubs THAT ARE SOLD OUT don't want empty ST seats.

The Norwich problem is slightly different, in that ST holders are not turning up but the club won't do anything to fill these while casual seats remain unsold.

• Like 2

Can you imagine buying a new Range Rover and being told unless you do 10,000 miles a year we won’t sell you another one?

End of the day you have paid your money and as far as I know my money is worth the same as the guy in the next seat……..well actually mine might be worth more if I pay for my ST in one lump sum rather than by direct debit!

Oh and by the way what happens if I buy 2 new shirts every year and my mate next door doesn’t buy any?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rupethebear said:

Can you imagine buying a new Range Rover and being told unless you do 10,000 miles a year we won’t sell you another one?

End of the day you have paid your money and as far as I know my money is worth the same as the guy in the next seat……..well actually mine might be worth more if I pay for my ST in one lump sum rather than by direct debit!

Oh and by the way what happens if I buy 2 new shirts every year and my mate next door doesn’t buy any?

Spot on.

i will tend to have coffees and a pie, my wife a couple of hot drinks and my son will go off with his mates and they will all have several alcoholic drinks. I know lots of people that refuse to eat / drink at the ground due to the price. Like you say will they be targeted next ?

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

All of which proves my point entirely. That a good proportion of season tickets at Carrow Road are bought by long distance supporters who at times can't get to matches whereas locals are priced out with relatively high prices for elements of the local economy and the Club failing to be proactive in not providing a trading facility whilst hoping it can sell stray restricted view seats for high prices. You are right about Leeds too but that doesn't stop our Club hierarchy delusion.

But when I don’t go the locals don’t want my ticket ( unless we are near the top of the league ) and like today you can buy tickets from the club, but they can’t sell them all.

Stop us that travel long distances going and you will have lots of empty seats most games ( unless league position improves ) as nobody wants them.

There is put in place a trading facility called ‘ buy back ‘ but nobody wants the tickets, although I guess they will when we play Them down the road, or the last home game of the season to get in the playoffs.

Anyway, got to go now to begin my 160 mile trek to FCR, that used to cost £40 in petrol and now costs £80.

There's an easy way round it. If you can't go to 80% of the games, give the ST to a mate and all he has to do is go in on his/her ticket, then go out and come in again with yours.  Would only have to be done a few times until 80% is ensured. 

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But when I don’t go the locals don’t want my ticket ( unless we are near the top of the league ) and like today you can buy tickets from the club, but they can’t sell them all.

Stop us that travel long distances going and you will have lots of empty seats most games ( unless league position improves ) as nobody wants them.

There is put in place a trading facility called ‘ buy back ‘ but nobody wants the tickets, although I guess they will when we play Them down the road, or the last home game of the season to get in the playoffs.

Anyway, got to go now to begin my 160 mile trek to FCR, that used to cost £40 in petrol and now costs £80.

Thev"buy back" scheme falls short of a proper ticket exchange. With the latter I suspect if you were able and/or obliged to put your midweek tickets up for a tenner they would sell. You would get some money back albeit not much, someone else would get to see the football at a bargain price and maybe the Football Club would regenerate that famous floodlight atmosphere even if they didn't make a penny more.

25 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thev"buy back" scheme falls short of a proper ticket exchange. With the latter I suspect if you were able and/or obliged to put your midweek tickets up for a tenner they would sell. You would get some money back albeit not much, someone else would get to see the football at a bargain price and maybe the Football Club would regenerate that famous floodlight atmosphere even if they didn't make a penny more.

Doesn't know how the other scheme works but continues on, being stupid regardless.

• Like 2

We don't really need to get hot under the collar about this as NCFC doesn't have such a scheme and probably never will given our inability to increase casual ticket sales/demand.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

There's an easy way round it. If you can't go to 80% of the games, give the ST to a mate and all he has to do is go in on his/her ticket, then go out and come in again with yours.  Would only have to be done a few times until 80% is ensured. 

You don’t get it, nobody wants it at the moment

Just to update you Essex, pouring with rain, 5 degrees, and been in a traffic jam for an hour on the A14. May not even make it on time

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Just to update you Essex, pouring with rain, 5 degrees, and been in a traffic jam for an hour on the A14. May not even make it on time

Thought they’d sorted out that flooding problem. They’ve pumped 7 million litres away

14 hours ago, essex canary said:

F****ing hell. Do you ever just have a day off?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You don’t get it, nobody wants it at the moment

I do get it, I know nobody at Norwich wants it, but if it ever happens, there is that easy way around it, until they install finger print or retina recognition (it will happen, sooner or later).

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I do get it, I know nobody at Norwich wants it, but if it ever happens, there is that easy way around it, until they install finger print or retina recognition (it will happen, sooner or later).

Considering the club actively promotes passing the ticket on to family/friends, no, it won't. 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

lol you make me laugh.

Why would 

1. The club want to sell my seat on, when I have paid already for my space and they have a space that nobody has paid anything for.

2. Why would you want me to give my ticket to somebody, that could pay the club for a ticket ( not that I wouldn’t give it to somebody I know ).

3. Strangely if we carry on like this and qualify for the play offs, hundreds of people, probably you included would want my ticket.

4. You would think plenty of people would want a free ticket for a championship game of football, but I can’t find them.

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

lol you make me laugh.

Why would 

1. The club want to sell my seat on, when I have paid already for my space and they have a space that nobody has paid anything for.

2. Why would you want me to give my ticket to somebody, that could pay the club for a ticket ( not that I wouldn’t give it to somebody I know ).

3. Strangely if we carry on like this and qualify for the play offs, hundreds of people, probably you included would want my ticket.

4. You would think plenty of people would want a free ticket for a championship game of football, but I can’t find them.

Number 3 is true and is essentially the same scenario as you are claiming for Leeds.

There are other circumstances throughout the season especially midweek games though where that doesn't happen and as you note our worldwide diaspora is well behind that of Leeds.

In talking to a Club official today there was some acknowledgement that there are some, perhaps minimal number of restricted view seats in the ground that potentially may benefit from low pricing on the Club's part and arguably should not be placed ahead of genuine supporter swaps for higher quality location tickets when otherwise faced with atmosphere sapping empty seats in prominent positions.

The problem in 4 is that, as with priced tickets. people want to go with a friend. They may prefer to pay a modest sum to do that than a freebie to go on their own. To some extent something paid for is valued higher than a freebie.

On 01/03/2024 at 18:14, essex canary said:

dont know about now but the ticket exchange was nearly worthless before more effort to bother with then reward

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

lol you make me laugh.

Why would 

the the annoying bit the seat is your seat the fan has paid for and if you choose to keep it empty for whatever reason thats your choice

would never charge anyone I know to use it when I couldnt go

• Like 1