Thirsty Lizard

Onel Hernandez - Is it really this simple?

It's not just me is it? He's far more effective and more dangerous when playing on the right wing rather than the left!

Hardly surprising since he's weak on his left foot. 

I think you’re right, he’s not got the finishing skills to play as an inverted winger IMO.

He's far better getting past his man and looking to pick someone out. Especially with us playing two Strikers who can both head a ball.

The acceleration and cross for Barnes against Watford was top class wing play.

• Like 1

He is less predictive when on the right. When on the left he is the one trick pony of cutting in and blazing a shot high and wide. On the right wing he has more effective options of going passed his man, crossing or cutting the ball back.

Plus Sainz and Rowe have the left wing covered and are way better.

28 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think you’re right, he’s not got the finishing skills to play as an inverted winger IMO.

He's far better getting past his man and looking to pick someone out. Especially with us playing two Strikers who can both head a ball.

The acceleration and cross for Barnes against Watford was top class wing play.

Lost count the number of times he got past his man yesterday.. Tore the Cardiff defence apart

Remember when he got the equaliser from the right in last seconds in the crazy draw with forest at home

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, daz said:

Remember when he got the equaliser from the right in last seconds in the crazy draw with forest at home

I still talk about that today with my Forest supporting mate.. much to his chagrin… 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It's not just me is it? He's far more effective and more dangerous when playing on the right wing rather than the left!

Hardly surprising since he's weak on his left foot. 

I've said this for ages 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's clearly a right winger.

Just not politicly.. I hope

no worse than the left both are loons

2 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

no worse than the left both are loons

We could use this sort of penetrating analysis on the Non-Football section.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's clearly a right winger.

Just not politicly.. I hope

"Politically "...........

This thread has no place on this forum. Hernadez is a long-time scapegoat, remember?

The butt of many a critic.

This great little character who has total commitment to the club, puts everything into every minute of every game he plays, and who has had some famous moments in the yellow has no end product, remember?

He does often lose it a bit when at the sharp end, I admit, but I luv Argos nonetheless. He is first and foremost a pain in the a-rse for most defences.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

This thread has no place on this forum. Hernadez is a long-time scapegoat, remember?

The butt of many a critic.

This great little character who has total commitment to the club, puts everything into every minute of every game he plays, and who has had some famous moments in the yellow has no end product, remember?

He does often lose it a bit when at the sharp end, I admit, but I luv Argos nonetheless. He is first and foremost a pain in the a-rse for most defences.

Pretty much summed it up there. I doubt there are many teams or managers who think “oh good! They’ve picked Hernandez” when he’s a starter.

• Like 1

Sat in a different part of the ground which gave me a close up of his first half performance. Ball control was top notch, the full back could not contain him and he linked very well with Jack Stacey. Was a joy to watch. But it has to be said he never really worked his way in to scoring positions and many of his crosses were too high and over hit. To be fair many wingers have the same sort of issue. Fassnacht on the other hand was largely anonymous but found the net again. Thats football I suppose.

• Like 1

Been seeing an improvement the past few weeks. I've concluded that Onel is now thinking about what he's going to do before he sets off, rather than start running and come up with it on the way.

Looks strong & focused. Great to see, long may it continue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

We could use this sort of penetrating analysis on the Non-Football section.

didnt bring it it up

as for Onel he is doing well maybe his best form he has always been an 80% player who would do the hard work and 1 time out of 5/6 he would do something

but now he has learned how to just hit the ball into the box about bloody time