Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Soooooo sloooowwwwww……

This forum is still really struggling, especially when I do things like click on notifications, or go to the Non-Football section from the main one. Just me?

• Like 5

Nope, not just you. It's painful. It seems to be at its worst in Chrome, but Edge is not much better. Absolutely dreadful.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been this way for about two weeks. Whats going onnnnn?

Cant even get on the non football section

You're missing out. Could have been chatting about Putin's fab interview 😉

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I’m there

Totally agree, ten minutes to get  on, five minutes to go from Football to Non Football. Whenever I venture into bin land, no delay at all

47 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That the one he goes on about how Ukraine belongs to Russia as Ukraine was a part of Russia 300 years ago?

And on that note when are we taking back Ireland and most of Africa and the Caribbean?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

most of Africa

It was never close to most of Africa, btw.

• Like 1

Ugh. Yeah, it's painful. I did mention it to someone relevant a week ago but heard nothing. 

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It was never close to most of Africa, btw.

Alright, we should retake India. That better? I'm sure you get the point im making anyways

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ugh. Yeah, it's painful. I did mention it to someone relevant a week ago but heard nothing. 

Maybe it's time to consider activating Plan B. Newsquest clearly don't give a s**t about this site, it's just managed decline across the whole of what-used-to-be-Archant. I still have this lingering fear of waking up and finding the site gone, along with 20-odd years of history.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Maybe it's time to consider activating Plan B. Newsquest clearly don't give a s**t about this site, it's just managed decline across the whole of what-used-to-be-Archant. I still have this lingering fear of waking up and finding the site gone, along with 20-odd years of history.

@hogesar

30 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm pretty much ready to go. Mainly because it took what felt like 15 minutes to get into this thread!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm pretty much ready to go. Mainly because it took what felt like 15 minutes to get into this thread!

I guess we should tag @SouthwellC one more time and see if there's any desire on Newsquest's part to give this site any kind of basic maintenance. If not, I hope that Newsquest can at least be honest about it and allow us to try to migrate our community to somewhere where it will actually be valued and looked after.

Should make for a quirky matchday thread as some of the comments might not age very well if response times are slow!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I guess we should tag @SouthwellC one more time and see if there's any desire on Newsquest's part to give this site any kind of basic maintenance. If not, I hope that Newsquest can at least be honest about it and allow us to try to migrate our community to somewhere where it will actually be valued and looked after.

He's been about but the only time he posted was to show us all a yellow card. Perhaps a red is imminent...

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He's been about but the only time he posted was to show us all a yellow card. Perhaps a red is imminent...

Well, if @hogesar is ready, I suggest we get everyone signed up on the new forum ASAP. I'd recommend still using this one until it dies/becomes totally unusable, but at least that way we'll know we've got a new community to work with when this one finally gets put out to pasture.

If they want to delete the post/ban the posters responsible then fine, but that will only hasten the demise of this place.

Evening guys - I guess tech problems makes a change from the constant complaints about clickbait and other stuff spouted, so that’s a welcome change!😂

There is nothing showing any indication of a problem at my end - but I will flag it and get our tech team to take a look. 

Cheers for flagging and enjoy your weekend. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, SouthwellC said:

Evening guys - I guess tech problems makes a change from the constant complaints about clickbait and other stuff spouted, so that’s a welcome change!😂

There is nothing showing any indication of a problem at my end - but I will flag it and get our tech team to take a look. 

Great news.

15 minutes ago, SouthwellC said:

Appreciate the quick reply, Connor. @hogesar is probably better placed to tell you what's wrong and what's likely to be causing it, my tech knowledge is pretty negligible. It would be good if someone at your end could keep us updated with progress.

On 09/02/2024 at 19:22, SouthwellC said:

I realise you posted on Friday evening and it’s only Monday morning but this thread is slipping down to the second page now, and the forum still seems as slow as ever. Any news Connor? Thanks 

• Like 1

Hi guys. No update to report other than it’s being looked into. 

if I don’t hear anything today then I will chase first thing tomorrow. Hope that’s okay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SouthwellC said:

Hi guys. No update to report other than it’s being looked into. 

if I don’t hear anything today then I will chase first thing tomorrow. Hope that’s okay. 

Great stuff, thanks very much Connor!

• Like 1