2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Not with this squad of players.

You said "this Club" doesn't want promotion didn't you? Now you're rowing back and trying to pretend you said something else.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

This x 1000. As soon as someone quotes the stat of Adam’s number of games rather than actual minutes on the pitch I just write them off as either dim or a hater. 

Yes and no though. Most youngsters get a few chances off the bench or a couple of games covering for an injured senior player. Yes he would have benefitted from a run of starts and yes, I do get the deeling hes very much a confidence player as seen by the slight peak under Smith. However he has been given more than enough openings and for whatever reason has never taken them. 

Celtic is a great move. If he can't score regularly up there in the leagues best side then no chance at top end champs/lower end PL.

Another opening to carve out a successful career but he's only going to get so many

• Like 1

And yes, he should have had a full season loan right after the Preston break through. That's on us for not recruiting rhe back up to allow it

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Bill doesn't do jokes.

Not convinced at all that he is Bill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vos said:

Perhaps this sums up Norwich City. You can field the current lineup mainly consisting of Premier League players who until quite recently were on our books:

Krul

Aarons        Omodamidele         Godfrey         Toffolo

Buendia               Maddison

Murphy      Dowell     Morris    Cantwell

Where has it all gone wrong.

Hmmm..............even with Buendia and Maddison I would opine that said line-up wouldn't be too many points above Sheff Utd at present ...............imho of course 😔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul101 said:

Football clubs are cheap Arsenal are valued at £1.86b the MIlwaukee brewers sit around the the £1.60b mark 

Stan Kroenke is apparently asking for £2.15bn for Arsenal (pounds).

The £1.60bn figure you are stating for Milwaukee Brewers is actually dollars, so that's £1.26bn.

That does make Arsenal seem pretty cheap, however £200m+ in debt which a new owner will need to repay or service.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You said "this Club" doesn't want promotion didn't you? Now you're rowing back and trying to pretend you said something else.

So you think this board would invest in new players. Really,seriously? !!!!

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Stan Kroenke is apparently asking for £2.15bn for Arsenal (pounds).

The £1.60bn figure you are stating for Milwaukee Brewers is actually dollars, so that's £1.26bn.

That does make Arsenal seem pretty cheap, however £200m+ in debt which a new owner will need to repay or service.

if you check out the American football teams we get some serious numbers compared to even the premier leagues elite

9 hours ago, vos said:

Perhaps this sums up Norwich City. You can field the current lineup mainly consisting of Premier League players who until quite recently were on our books:

Krul

Aarons        Omodamidele         Godfrey         Toffolo

Buendia               Maddison

Murphy      Dowell     Morris    Cantwell

Where has it all gone wrong.

Not sure that side is very strong, it doesn’t look very robust at the back or clinical up front.  James and Buendia are the only nailed on premiership players - I rate Godfrey and Aaron’s but they haven’t established themselves as premiership players.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

So you think this board would invest in new players. Really,seriously? !!!!

If they’ve got the money they will, if they haven’t they won’t. It’s the same for almost every club in the country that isn’t lucky enough to be bankrolled by somebody with more money than sense 

23 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It was largely “it has been disappointing Idah hasn’t pushed on, he’s had plenty of opportunities but not managed to take them, has all the attributes but perhaps the best thing is for him to try elsewhere; shame it hasn’t worked for him:us”

Its what we all see. I see signs of him coming good, but it's not been enough to think he's got the right mentality to be the number one striker, or at least a very good second choice. 

But he has scored goals on a limited amount of minutes, so he must have something!  I can't see him doing it at Celtic, unless he attacks games aggressively and goes for it. To win over fans there he is going to need to put himself about a bit, something he hasn't done enough of with us. Sometimes, yes, but often not. 

Good luck to him though! 

On 31/01/2024 at 12:10, shefcanary said:

I'm afraid Sutton lost me in this article. What a self seeking **** he is turning out to be. He's been rubbing shoulders with Robbie Savage for far too long.

Asking for Knapper to speak to the press during a transfer window, as a former professional player, he knows is totally counter-productive in everything Knapper is trying to achieve. If at the end of the window it looks as if things went poorly, then he explains what went wrong. But to do so now will probably cost supporters want they actually crave at the moment, an inward transfer as his focus comes off his main role.

Knapper is at this moment dealing with Idah, Rowe, van Hoojdink, Mikey "wassisname", Dimi and probably countless other propsective transfer moves including several inward ones. He has probably been working on these and more without much movement for most of December and January. Let him get on with his job. His job is not reveal all Norwich's cards, that way only financial loss accrues. 

What we need from the club is some independent authoritative person to speak on behalf of the board and executive during this period, but they seem to be resting on the complete mind**** that was the AGM whilst waiting for the EFL to decide if we can welcome Attanasio with open arms. 

I agree that relying on Wagner to convey the message is not working because the majority of the fans really don't care what he has to say. But Knapper wouldn't want to tell is in minute detail what most on here seem to want; that is just not going to happen. 

Sutton should review his "populist" stance and regain his former strong analytical view, Knapper should be allowed to finish his job.

Shef, you will be thrilled to hear I agree with most of this post! But I don't see what good a public statement might do. It would almost certainly be purely platitudinous, and be immediately attacked as such.

My repeated🤩 point has been that it doesn't particularly matter that Attanasio has not yet had his official status/shareholding ratified. What matters, as repeatedly🤩 stressed, is whether he is already acting, as I believed has been the case, as if he has been so ratified.

And last week Southwell confirmed that Attanasio was indeed already acting as if he was a joint majority shareholder, and that everyone inside Carrow Road was treating him as such. I suppose the club could put out a statement that I have been right about this all alone, but honestly who would have doubted that anyway?😍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But I don't see what good a public statement might do. It would almost certainly be purely platitudinous, and be immediately attacked as such.

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree. People will only be satisfied if they have some virtual hook up to the recruitment team's office and oversee what is going on. Perhaps that should be the first thing Elon's brainchip people should work on - IP transference of BK's brain thoughts to whoever wants to pay for the privilege. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree. People will only be satisfied if they have some virtual hook up to the recruitment team's office and oversee what is going on. Perhaps that should be the first thing Elon's brainchip people should work on - IP transference of BK's brain thoughts to whoever wants to pay for the privilege. 

Joking aside, shef, if you were Attanasio would you be sitting around, twiddling your thumbs, waiting for formal ratification of your position, or would you have dived straight in and started behaving like someone who has put quite a lot of money into the club and wants to influence how it is run?

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Joking aside, shef, if you were Attanasio would you be sitting around, twiddling your thumbs, waiting for formal ratification of your position, or would you have dived straight in and started behaving like someone who has put quite a lot of money into the club and wants to influence how it is run?

I'm sure he has difficulty not starting to play with his new "toy". Unfortunately his good friend from the FSG walked in with another new toy for him to play with, which may have left NCFC resting in the corner whilst his attention was on his shiny new PGA!!!

• Haha 2

I guess Luton have the the naïve enthusiasm of a puncher who has got a crack at the title, while we, in comparison, have taken 2 bad beatings in our last 2 title bouts. The scars are beneath the surface. Having said that our Trainer Farke was unlucky with both bouts, especially the first, when the lights went out, and it had to be rescheduled behind closed doors. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 08:57, Fen Canary said:

Why does it? Luton are making a much better fist of staying up than our last two attempts and I don’t believe their squad last season is any better or worse than ours. Farke walked the league and had an appalling record in the top flight, whereas Alex Neil got us up through the playoffs and made a much better stab at staying up. 

I’ll never turn down promotion as we never know what will happen if we get it. 

The Club Hierarchy's fear is exactly that. That the Best Football Club in the World is seen to be trumped by Luton Town.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

The Club Hierarchy's fear is exactly that. That the Best Football Club in the World is seen to be trumped by Luton Town.

You talk some rubbish don’t you!