Sign in to follow this  

Brilliant news.

Aboh needs to be done next.

Any idea how long Myles' contract is, it's probably me not reading properly but i can't see confirmation of the length anywhere?

• Like 1

Can't see anything anywhere which says how long the contract is either, but good that he's signed one at all to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, NR32-Yellow said:

Brilliant news.

Aboh needs to be done next.

Any idea how long Myles' contract is, it's probably me not reading properly but i can't see confirmation of the length anywhere?

These have tended to happen in batches of late, so maybe we'll now hear about Aboh or someone else signing their first pro deal tomorrow or Thursday.

I’m surprised, I understood the club was meant to be rotten to the core and everyone was keen to leave?

Edit: obviously it is good news. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Can't see anything anywhere which says how long the contract is either, but good that he's signed one at all to be honest. 

Myles only turned 17 on Saturday

So a long way to go, despite the suggestion he will be in the first team soon, The thought is that turning 17 was the trigger for the new contract, rather than any exceptional talent/performances

43 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m surprised, I understood the club was meant to be rotten to the core and everyone was keen to leave?

Edit: obviously it is good news. 

Oh yeah, a 17 yr old signing his first pro deal instantly means the club are a roaring success.

Edit: In agreement, really good news.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Oh yeah, a 17 yr old signing his first pro deal instantly means the club are a roaring success.

Edit: In agreement, really good news.

How extremely clever of you to miss the point. Well done. You must be very proud.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Well, it does show that this lad can see something in the club that many of our own supporters can't.  I think that's the point being made.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Well, it does show that this lad can see something in the club that many of our own supporters can't.  I think that's the point being made.

I would think the lad just sees his first pro contract at a Championship club - what am I missing?

"many of our own supporters"

Supporter - a person who approves of and encourages a football club

Whiner - a person given to excessive complaints and crying

it does show that this lad can see something in the club that many of the whiners can't

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I would think the lad just sees his first pro contract at a Championship club - what am I missing?

"The Canaries have warded off Premier League interest to secure the long-term future of Myles"

Just now, RobJames said:

"The Canaries have warded off Premier League interest to secure the long-term future of Myles"

If that’s more than just media spin, then fair play! 

Connor Southwell did express concern the other lad, Aboh, could be another Matos situation.

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Enthusiasm by the sounds of it.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Enthusiasm by the sounds of it.

Brilliant post 👍👍

28 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Did I?

I was under the impression from the les miserables among us that all the decent youth players were looking to leave. Clearly that was just bullocks. 

30 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If that’s more than just media spin, then fair play! 

Connor Southwell did express concern the other lad, Aboh, could be another Matos situation.

Every club down to almost your local pub team has 'scouts' monitoring it. That's how we signed Fisher, Gordon and Gibbs. That's why such idiocies as 'flying under the radar are nonsense. We actually 'nicked' Matos from Luton, among others over the years.

A player cannot sign a pro contract until he is 17. This lad reached 17 and so signed a pro deal. Poor Cambs, not understanding this, posted up another of his 'look at me' threads, unaware that it was a 'routine signing.

Cambs isn't too up on football, he just likes to be the first with news. Though it is mostly merely re posting what is on the Pinkun front page. Still, it keeps him off the streets, I suppose.

Edited by RobJames

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I was under the impression from the les I miserables among us that all the decent youth players were looking to leave. Clearly that was just bullocks. 

By our correct name please, the 20%rs. 

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I was under the impression from the les miserables among us that all the decent youth players were looking to leave. Clearly that was just bullocks. 

I presume the real supporter percent are known as the Less Miserablers

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Do you hear the people sing
Singing a song of angry men
It's the wailing of divorcees 
And that damned twenty per cent..... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

How extremely clever of you to miss the point. Well done. You must be very proud.

Yeah. You’re right. This is exciting transfer window news for an ambitious club. 

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

So a long way to go, despite the suggestion he will be in the first team soon, The thought is that turning 17 was the trigger for the new contract, rather than any exceptional talent/performances

I think there's a bit more to it than that. I've never seen him play, but he's been getting some really good reviews lately. And of course plenty of Academy players turn 17 and aren't offered a professional contract. 

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

One recalls far more hype about a certain  Ryan Jarvis at same age. 

This notion that he'll be in the first team soon looks like a stretch that only a bloody good osteopath could get. He's said on the website that his first aim is to become a regular starter in the Under 21s and hopefully to get the chance to train with the first team.

My suspicion is that if he's that promising, they'll really look at him in pre-season.

It’s good news, there seems to be a suggestion from a few places that he and Aboh are the shining lights of the Academy right now.

Getting one tied down amid PL interest is great going, if we can get both that would genuinely be amazing work.

31 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

One recalls far more hype about a certain  Ryan Jarvis at same age. 

I would suggest it is not so much hype, as one of the Pinkun trying to pad out a routine youth signing. The lad has reached 17, which means he can now sign pro forms.

What next ?

Youth player allowed to legally drink.

Youth player is able to drive ?

Cambs goes to a game............................................perhaps not

52 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s good news, there seems to be a suggestion from a few places that he and Aboh are the shining lights of the Academy right now.

Getting one tied down amid PL interest is great going, if we can get both that would genuinely be amazing work.

The noises around Aboh are much less promising to be fair. Hopefully the change in regime (and possibly with another one on the managerial front coming) he will be convinced there's a pathway there. Even so it'll remain a hard sell with Sargent, Idah and Kamara all young and ahead of him as it stands.