Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Post of the Week - Best Contributors + Posts

21 hours ago, king canary said:

Most memorable threads off the top of my head...

'Shola is in the Building' - Good News Gordon

'Beating (can't remember the name of the club) could relegated us!' First Wizard

Grefsted claiming he could tell more about the game because he had a bigger TV.

It was West Ham during Chris Hughton's tenure. Definitely the most memorable post I can think of!

I have that 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

I don’t remember that but that may have been during my hiatus before reinventing myself 

Morty I think was another great contributor who may have gone down the same rabbit hole as Mr Chops 

I have that feeling the spirit of  Mr Chops still hovers around this board......not sure about Morty though, think he may be too busy elsewhere....Terminally Yellow does a very good impression of him though......

Just now, lake district canary said:

I have that 

I have that feeling the spirit of  Mr Chops still hovers around this board......not sure about Morty though, think he may be too busy elsewhere....Terminally Yellow does a very good impression of him though......

Southsider gone too? God spot with TY, it couldn’t be could it? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

God spot with TY, it couldn’t be could it? 

Not for me. Granted they are both “brusque” but TY is not Morty.

40 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Thanks TGS - as @Petriix responded that is excellent company to be in and I'd agree that would also rate all three of you as posters that I would always look out for - we seem to share a similar footballing world view which probably helps.

I'd obviously also add in @ricardo not just for the excellent match reports but also for his occasional interjections as the forum's voice of reason who reminds us all when necessary as to the reasons why we all support this little club of ours (often despite everything.)

I also like posters who are able to add to my own meagre sum of knowledge - @shefcanary and @PurpleCanary in particular on the finance threads - and @Parma Ham's gone mouldy who often makes me see things a little differently in terms of the footballing side of things.  His Masterclass and State of the Nation Threads have consistently been the most thought-provoking things on this forum and seem to attract more reasonable and reasoned discussion and less shouting into the void and feuding than some of the threads on here.  

True Grit will always remain the pinnacle of Forum posting for me though Clive, albeit run close by whoever it was that used to claim that they had a greater insight into the game because their bigger screen TV would show more of the action ...

Pleased to be of service @Barham Blitz. I do appreciate your well thought through posts which always attempt to take the emotion out. Cheers bud.

• Like 1

Spoke to Morty on Twitter - he says he’s not been on here in a while I believe him 

22 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Spoke to Morty on Twitter - he says he’s not been on here in a while I believe him 

He'll be nursing a raging semi over the fact he's still talked about though.

3 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

I'd agree that would also rate all three of you as posters that I would always look out for - we seem to share a similar footballing world view which probably helps.

Thanks for the namecheck, right backatcha, and completely agree with this, too:

3 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

I also like posters who are able to add to my own meagre sum of knowledge - @shefcanary and @PurpleCanary in particular on the finance threads - and @Parma Ham's gone mouldy who often makes me see things a little differently in terms of the footballing side of things.  His Masterclass and State of the Nation Threads have consistently been the most thought-provoking things on this forum and seem to attract more reasonable and reasoned discussion and less shouting into the void and feuding than some of the threads on here.  

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 15:40, TheGunnShow said:

@Christoph Stiepermann deserves a shout-out for some always very interesting tactical stuff too. Surprised he's not been mentioned yet.

I appreciate the call out but most of my posts are pretty mid, stream of consciousness and usually fueled by emotion mid-game and I use my phone to post so auto correct combined with me tapping away quickly tends to make me read quite awkwardly at times. 

Aside from the obvious top posters like Parma and Ricardo I'd like to shout out @Robert N. LiM and @Petriix for posts that i really enjoy personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I appreciate the call out but most of my posts are pretty mid, stream

Typing one-handed?

Seriously, I always enjoy your posts. And just your username makes it clear you're going to be a sound guy. Thanks for your kind words too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Typing one-handed?

Seriously, I always enjoy your posts. And just your username makes it clear you're going to be a sound guy. Thanks for your kind words too.

TV commentators not knowing a damn thing about us, so our players got called Christoph Stiepermann or Marco Zimmerman. Idiots, but it made me laugh.  I cant wait until we get promoted again so we can watch Marcelino Sara and Gabriel Nunez tearing it up in the PL 🤣

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

Chops was great and is missed

Currently, any D.Smith thread that birdie comes on. 

Or any thread about Snoddy to get Lakey involved.

11 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

TV commentators not knowing a damn thing about us, so our players got called Christoph Stiepermann or Marco Zimmerman. Idiots, but it made me laugh.  I cant wait until we get promoted again so we can watch Marcelino Sara and Gabriel Nunez tearing it up in the PL 🤣

Przemysław Giannoulis, Marcelino Hernandez and Borja Sørensen definitely have a certain je ne sais quoi about them.