Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Think Delias bar has been outdone

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sorry missed this.

No, it's too far. I can go to the lion and castle and get picked up at 6:30. Luckily family and friends join me in there.

No worries. I need to get to a game at Carrow Road and meet up-it’s a 6 hour train journey though!

11 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No worries. I need to get to a game at Carrow Road and meet up-it’s a 6 hour train journey though!

When you can make it we could have a PUPs meet in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Who's the guy on the selfie?

An acquaintance who had it taken for a joke. He is a 20%er.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

It’s sad to see so much animosity around, just because a result hasn’t gone the way that people wanted. But totally crazy that the result they wanted was to see us lose.

Who is this ' they ' you mention and where is there a link to wanting to see us lose ?

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The picture is very clearly Mark Attanasio from the one time she went in there btw

No it isn't.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Is it postman pat?

Not a postman and anyway his name is not Pat.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

An acquaintance who had it taken for a joke. He is a 20%er.

Did he have a word?

Could it be Buh? Taking a selfie with half a face could be like a bitty halfy-half scarf...

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not a postman and anyway his name is not Pat.

Read the thread back and Nige sounds like a jealous boyfriend 

“Who’s in the photo!!”

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“Who’s in the photo!!”

A have read every single post as i didn't want to miss a word. Riveting stuff.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“Who’s in the photo!!”

He’s a sandwich short of a picnic. Great charity worker mind but you wouldn’t want too long of his company. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s a sandwich short of a picnic. Great charity worker mind but you wouldn’t want too long of his company. 

As if it matters to me what the imaginations of your heart are. I struggle to understand why you spend so much time on here posting about stuff that you've never seen or been part of but each to their own.

All this fuss about a bar at the footy which serves a purpose for many is just because Delia and Michael paid for it.

Weird and wonderful workings of sad minds...

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

All this fuss about a bar at the footy which serves a purpose for many is just because Delia and Michael paid for it.

Did they ?

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did they ?

I think the wording is something like they contributed to the equity injection needed to open it.

What is your problem with it?

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

"Bitty"....

Stage 1 - Webber Bitty

Stage 2 - Delia Bitty

Stage 3 - …

Wynnie Bitty

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think the wording is something like they contributed to the equity injection needed to open it.

Equity injection ?  What’s happened to good old cost. ?

Sounds more like some heavy duty thing you’d have inserted in hospital

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Two words and a question mark and you perceive it as a problem. For someone who drags up links, threads and posts from years ago I was maybe expecting something along those lines as I am struggling to recall that they footed the bill.

Didn’t know you don’t do the Nelson post-match Nutty. Sorry to hear you find it harder to get there after the game so the L & C makes perfect sense.

I haven’t been in the Nelson in a long time but it seemed to be more of an away fans haunt the last few times I went there.

Do any of the old gang still use it ?

12 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

“Who’s in the photo!!”

To be fair you said she'd never actually show her face in there but her and Michael tend to show their faces after most matches. Saturday no exception ..

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Nutty has quoted "equity injection" from a line in the Director's report in the last set of financial statements. From an FPA perspective, the notes to the those statements suggest it was a loan. Once again the financial statements were lacking in detail of the terms of this loan.

So, did the club embark on the development of the L&C and then ran out of cash because of Webber's splash & dash in the transfer market, so had to look elsewhere to borrow some emergency dosh?

Or was this a planned financial intervention by Smith & Jones, perhaps stimulated by Attanasio's financial support given elsewhere - a demonstration by Smith & Jones that they were still very much in this for the long run?

Or was there another entirely different reason?

Although knowing the exact terms of this loan (interest rates, length, repayment terms etc.) might help us understand this conundrum, the discrepancy between what the directors' report said (equity investment), the description in the notes to the financial statements (directors 'loan) and the lack of discussion on the terms of the loan (🤷‍♀️) , is in my eyes anyway another black mark against the Auditors in their signing off of the report and accounts. 

Whatever, by providing the loan, Smith & Jones have ensured the L&C development was completed. And they seem to enjoy popping in there for a libation after matches. Hopefully it is now generating some cash for use elsewhere in the club and will become a vibrant base for Norwich supporters to celebrate future success, rather than just a place to drink away our sorrows.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Nutty has quoted "equity injection" from a line in the Director's report in the last set of financial statements. From an FPA perspective, the notes to the those statements suggest it was a loan. Once again the financial statements were lacking in detail of the terms of this loan.

So, did the club embark on the development of the L&C and then ran out of cash because of Webber's splash & dash in the transfer market, so had to look elsewhere to borrow some emergency dosh?

Or was this a planned financial intervention by Smith & Jones, perhaps stimulated by Attanasio's financial support given elsewhere - a demonstration by Smith & Jones that they were still very much in this for the long run?

Or was there another entirely different reason?

Although knowing the exact terms of this loan (interest rates, length, repayment terms etc.) might help us understand this conundrum, the discrepancy between what the directors' report said (equity investment), the description in the notes to the financial statements (directors 'loan) and the lack of discussion on the terms of the loan (🤷‍♀️) , is in my eyes anyway another black mark against the Auditors in their signing off of the report and accounts. 

Whatever, by providing the loan, Smith & Jones have ensured the L&C development was completed. And they seem to enjoy popping in there for a libation after matches. Hopefully it is now generating some cash for use elsewhere in the club and will become a vibrant base for Norwich supporters to celebrate future success, rather than just a place to drink away our sorrows.

The biggest flaw in the L&C business model I see is that you're not allowed in pre match unless you are a Lower Barclay season ticket holder, or have to wait until 15 mins after the game. I know the latter has put us off using it. Smith & Jones sunk the best part of £1m into this according to accounts?

It seems ridiculous that they forbid entry when footfall around the stadium is at its highest on matchday. Needs a bit of a rethink as they have a lot of competition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two words and a question mark and you perceive it as a problem. For someone who drags up links, threads and posts from years ago I was maybe expecting something along those lines as I am struggling to recall that they footed the bill.

Your expectations have been dashed again! You must be well used to disappointment by now…

You’ve got  further explanation from an FPA which may suit you better. If not we can probably get an estate agent on the job.

You’ll also be pleased to know that some of your favourite supporters groups helped with the design…

So anyway, what is your problem with it?

Oh and what was halfy-half face bitty boy’s joke?

Edited by nutty nigel

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Your expectations have been dashed again! You must be well used to disappointment by now…

You’ve got  further explanation from an FPA which may suit you better. If not we can probably get an estate agent on the job.

You’ll also be pleased to know that some of your favourite supporters groups helped with the design…

So anyway, what is your problem with it?

Oh and what was halfy-half face bitty boy’s joke?

Don't quite get ' your expectations have been dashed again ' comment as i was asking for confirmation that D&M paid for it as you stated as that had passed me by in the accounts but then again our most respected FPA didn't exactly give a definitive answer as to the mechanics of the refurb. As for helping with the design i suspect that the late lamented BP and ACN saw their involvement as a final act of helping with matchday experience and atmosphere hence my reference to there being more life in a tramps vest and atmosphere in a morgue.

The joke is that Delia complete with a plastic glass in her hand was happy to have a photo with a 20%er thinking he was an adoring disciple. 

Look forward to the L&C providing a return on the money spent in about at least 10 years time. Restricted access to punters before the game and closing by 8pm together will being shut on non match days won't help.

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

As if it matters to me what the imaginations of your heart are. I struggle to understand why you spend so much time on here posting about stuff that you've never seen or been part of but each to their own.

Weird and wonderful workings of sad minds...

Can people not support Norwich from a far? You seem to be dead against it

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Didn’t know you don’t do the Nelson post-match Nutty. Sorry to hear you find it harder to get there after the game so the L & C makes perfect sense.

I haven’t been in the Nelson in a long time but it seemed to be more of an away fans haunt the last few times I went there.

Do any of the old gang still use it ?

Yes I makes sense for a lot of others too. Hopefully it will get used and stay open but if not I’ll find a plan C.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don't quite get ' your expectations have been dashed again ' comment as i was asking for confirmation that D&M paid for it as you stated as that had passed me by in the accounts but then again our most respected FPA didn't exactly give a definitive answer as to the mechanics of the refurb. As for helping with the design i suspect that the late lamented BP and ACN saw their involvement as a final act of helping with matchday experience and atmosphere hence my reference to there being more life in a tramps vest and atmosphere in a morgue.

The joke is that Delia complete with a plastic glass in her hand was happy to have a photo with a 20%er thinking he was an adoring disciple. 

Look forward to the L&C providing a return on the money spent in about at least 10 years time. Restricted access to punters before the game and closing by 8pm together will being shut on non match days won't help.

It’s just I always disappoint you. 
Im sure you enjoyed the FPA reply more but for all the words did it really have anymore information than the bog cleaner version?

So halfy half face isn’t a bitty boy? Delia didn’t look too happy about it. I guess there’s a joke there somewhere though. It’s a bit weird to invade her personal space like that…

I would imagine it’s not open to all until after the game because it’s part of the lower Barclay. It can’t really be both. I expect there’s better than this bog cleaner’s observation though. What do you think?

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

aask8pkh.thumb.png.5bd332f905e926131182851821cf016d.png

Here she is last night, God bless her.

Is she clapped in on her entrance after matches? Plastic cups look good. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow