Graham Paddons Beard

According to Binny McKenna

And a long life fan... any particular brand of long life milk?

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Apparently it wasn’t just another game this time . It was a rubbish game. Everyone was poor. The ref , both teams , the grass . Everything 

He has got a weasels face hasn’t he? 

He was going to ring the Police when the kit man's shirt came off

• Haha 1

A curious fact

If we took the same point in every game as v Ipswich, we would finish the season on 92 points

And I know all the other games count, but it will be interesting to see how those 4 points affect the final table.

One of us into the play off, or both ?

"just another game " eh ?

McKenna reminds me of Lambert. Performing miracles with a team in League One and then the Championship, but a cold fish and just as unlikeable. Where he differs is I think he will not be as desperate as Lambert to jump ship and hit the big time. I think he's smarter than Lambert and will be more willing to take his time. I also suspect he has more overall talent.

Wagner seems a much nicer person. I know that means diddly-squat in footballing terms, but I really hope he can come good.  

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

McKenna reminds me of Lambert. Performing miracles with a team in League One and then the Championship, but a cold fish and just as unlikeable. Where he differs is I think he will not be as desperate as Lambert to jump ship and hit the big time. I think he's smarter than Lambert and will be more willing to take his time. I also suspect he has more overall talent.

Wagner seems a much nicer person. I know that means diddly-squat in footballing terms, but I really hope he can come good.  

He has come good, it was just some phone waving numpties that couldn't grasp where the club was and what was being sorted.

One of the major things he has done is develop a squad unity. More important than some realise. Wagner is here for the long term and it is a measure of their ignorance to hear idiots talk of him being moved on in the summer

52 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Apparently it wasn’t just another game this time . It was a rubbish game. Everyone was poor. The ref , both teams , the grass . Everything 

He has got a weasels face hasn’t he? 

I thought his view that neither team were very good or in control, except when they were easily in control until the referee gave us too many free kicks, was very insightful actually.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I thought his view that neither team were very good or in control, except when they were easily in control until the referee gave us too many free kicks, was very insightful actually.

Also when the reporter said that the “soft” free kick was a pull on the shorts , he mentioned “a different angle” which I think means one from which you could see a clear foul. 

31 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

McKenna reminds me of Lambert. Performing miracles with a team in League One 

The only miracle he performed was taking a squad of players with a wage bill approximately double that of the competition and even then he finished second . To Plymouth. 

Can’t argue he has done well this year - but last year was all about spending more money than the other clubs in the league. 

First time I’ve ever listened to McKenna, came across very badly after, a snide approach. 

44 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I think he appears less keen because he is earlier in his career. Unfortunately he is going to be a top manager, fortunately it won't be with the binners. If they don't get promoted, as soon as a premier league club comes along he will be off (so this summer probably). Even if they do get promoted he will still be off sooner rather than later....

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

I’m not sure, I think if the likes of Everton a premier mid table team came calling he’d go.

I was a little surprise by his lack of respect and humility towards City’s performance. But that’s to be expected by a Binner!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Still standing ? 

TBF ......he didn't say which year................or which decade for that matter 😁

• Haha 1

I said before the game on here that I was no longer as confident of victory and predicted a draw,. I'm sure you know that but it doesn't suit your petty agenda does it. If im sad for being on this board, what does it make you, searching through months old posts to try and score an internet point? Pretty pathetic really. 

23 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

I said before the game on here that I was no longer as confident of victory and predicted a draw,. I'm sure you know that but it doesn't suit your petty agenda does it. If im sad for being on this board, what does it make you, searching through months old posts to try and score an internet point? Pretty pathetic really. 

A whole cask of Adnams Soutwold……

52 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel with you son isn’t it? Ha ha ha . What a loser . 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel with you son isn’t it? Ha ha ha . What a loser . 

Says the weirdo that follows me around the board like some obsessive freak.

Edited by BlueHope76

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Says the weido that follows me around the board like some obsessive freak.

Ha ha ha . No please stop . The Binner on a Norwich message board accuses a norwich fan of being on the norwich message board. Brilliant stuff. And calls the norwich fan a weirdo ? Ha ha ha ha ha . 
Actually it weido apparently. But we get the gist. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ha ha ha . No please stop . The Binner on a Norwich message board accuses a norwich fan of being on the norwich message board. Brilliant stuff. And calls the norwich fan a weirdo ? Ha ha ha ha ha . 

Where did I accuse you of being a Norwich fan on the Norwich message board? Can you actually read? 

We have Norwich fans on TWTD but i've never seen Town fans that act like you around them. Proper strange, but whatever floats you boat. 

Norwich has a capital N by the way, and the word you are looking for after actually is 'it's'. Happy to help.

8 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Where did I accuse you of being a Norwich fan on the Norwich message board? Can you actually read? 

We have Norwich fans on TWTD but i've never seen Town fans that act like you around them. Proper strange, but whatever floats you boat. 

Norwich has a capital N by the way, and the word you are looking for after actually is 'it's'. Happy to help.

Just fcuk off this messageboard

Happy to help

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Weido. 

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just fcuk off this messageboard

Happy to help

Make me.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

12 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Says the weirdo that follows me around the board like some obsessive freak.

I have said this before, but stand corrected if I have something wrong.

The Binners, on the forum (eh?) and on TWTD mostly only see results without realising the bigger picture.

Their so-perceived billionaire back-up amounts to of a house of cards. The recent involvement of a private equity company confirms this even more. There are so many fingers in that smallish pie now that the alarm bells should be ringing for them.

Only one or two on their forum realise this, and they are devilled.

Ipswich Town itself and particularly the football club, despite their marvellous history, (?) do not have enough potential to be other than a short-term cash cow for these dubious investors. The Pension fund has already got out more than they have put in by palming off 40% of the club to this equity firm for much more than they paid for it. 

Who knows what these mega-institutions have in mind or for how long-they will stand fast?

The club seems destined to be carved up.

A lot might be revealed If they achieve PL status, but we know from our own experience that being at the top table is a temporary feast. So much more investment in the playing staff and wages will be needed as they have moderate individuals by and large who are on a roll instigated by a very good young manager suggesting them to be nothing more than relegation fodder. Then there are the FFP restrictions, whilst not many of their players are likely to extract big fees, and some are getting older in any case.

When I read a Binner post about top-six for them and even achieving 'our rightful place in Europe' I have to smile at the sheer ignorance. They don't only exist in the distant past but also in the more recent Burley days which are not relevant now either.

These Bluhope/Jaywick characters who suddenly appeared on this forum to boast and antagonise seem particularly ill-equipped to read between the lines, as do most of the rest.

McKenna and his advisors will hopefully be capable of it, however, and the man could well jump ship when the first lucrative opportunity arrives, despite "loving the club" (who doesn't?)  and having a so-called "project" at the club that he is unlikely to abandon. It's football 2024 style, for goodness’s sake.

That's how I see it. Other Canaries might view it differently.

I believe in Annatasio we have a more genuine owner in the pipeline. His performance with his baseball club in the US confirms this.

Who knows though? In any case, I am less worried about our man than I would be if our club were to be in the hands of those down the road that they find themselves at this moment in time.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Make me.

Jesus... just go away you melt! 15 years and counting...

Posted (edited)

Assuming that the Binner posters are not Bots or AI then they are real people. 

Real people that come on a rivals board when and only when they feel in the ascendancy. As a result we don’t see anything of them for years . 

A claim is made that they come here for “reasoned debate”. Only when it suits. There was plenty of opportunity for “reasoned debate” when we beat them regularly . 

When you point out their confident  prediction that they will beat us “in April” , they dumb down. Apparently they changed their mind just before the game, and to point this out is some form of stalking . In fact to do so makes one a “weido”. 

Finally , having completely lost any debate , reasoned or otherwise , they then bring in the grammar argument . In the grammar rant they include “whatever floats YOU boat” which I can only assume is a reference to a sub mariner in the German navy. 

I think the best description of these people is cretin. In this case a countable noun if anyone is interested in grammar. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Real people that come on a rivals board when and only when they feel in the ascendancy. As a result we don’t see anything of them for years 

In fairness, they've always been the loud ones. I've heard barely a peep from Ipswich supporting people in my circle since the derby until Plymouth beat Leicester and the 'Green Army!' gifs came flooding in 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Neither seems to be the brightest button on the officer's uniform.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1