Celebrate it all day long. I mean, Ipswich were OK 1st half but squandered a **** load of chances. 2nd half we defended superbly and Gunny has only a tip over and one save to make.

If that Ipswich ****e is worthy of 2nd place then there's hope for us all.

You still can't beat us can you! And Ed Sheeran is a ginger cnut.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Season ends in May doesn’t it? 

No doubt they play good football but how much of it is momentum from last season? A result like today or a few injuries will put a spanner in the works and watching them implode could still be the funniest thing of the season. 

and Cambridgeshire is right, we’re not celebrating a draw (although that in itself was a well earned draw) it is celebrating keeping that unbeaten run going at a time when they thought they had it in the bag 

I think with us being mid table and the overall performances being generally unconvincing, the thing that’s made me happy most today is the thought of Ipswich fans being disappointed and pissed off. It would be nice if we had a bit more to cheer about.. over the last few years it’s been great beating them, but I’ve never been as bothered about how they feel like I have today. 

I’m not putting a downer on it. But when I think why I feel happy this eve, it isn’t because I’m particularly proud or ecstatic about our performance or future prospects, but just that Ipswich fans feel a bit **** and relived we didn’t embarrass ourselves losing heavily.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think with us being mid table and the overall performances being generally unconvincing, the thing that’s made me happy most today is the thought of Ipswich fans being disappointed and pissed off. It would be nice if we had a bit more to cheer about.. over the last few years it’s been great beating them, but I’ve never been as bothered about how they feel like I have today. 

I’m not putting a downer on it. But when I think why I feel happy this eve, it isn’t because I’m particularly proud or ecstatic about our performance or future prospects, but just that Ipswich fans feel a bit **** and relived we didn’t embarrass ourselves losing heavily.

Completely agree but would prefer to wait until end of the season before passing judgment, Ipswich have had a pretty much clean bill of health whereas we know our injury problems. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That the same Ed Sheeran who has said he fell out of love with Ipswich and only started supporting them again recently? Aka admitting he only supports them when they win? That Ed Sheeran?

He is not alone in that. I wonder how many of their crowd are regulars at Portman Rd. 

I had a neighbour who lived opposite who is an Ippo fan, I say Ippo fan he never went to games, he "supported" them because he was born in Suffolk.

Recently a photo of him and his missus (she has zero interest in football) at Portman Rd popped up on my Facebook page, I can only assume the fact that Ippo are doing so well was behind the appearance.

Maybe the reason the Binners were so quiet for a derby game could be explained by the fact there are a lot of "floating fans" at Portaloo Rd.........

• Like 1

All my life I’ve celebrated an away draw, whatever level, whatever competition, never any other way

13 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

All my life I’ve celebrated an away draw, whatever level, whatever competition, never any other way

Exactly, and I guarantee if they get a point at Elland Rd their away following will be celebrating 🤷‍♂️

They are doing it to make themselves feel better for not getting the guaranteed win they thought they had, they built it up as their time, their day, the massive Ipswich town were back and we're taking power back from the yellow dominant force. 

So the fact that they sh1t the bed and couldn't get a win, at home, where only Leeds have taken any points off them (until now) this season has really gotten to them, they're embarrassed, they don't know what more they can do, they're searching for anything to grasp onto that makes their special day failings seem like a win to them. 

They mock us cheering, maybe they should take a look at their own reactions to getting the equalizer and rescuing a point! Funny thing, we were winning, WE were the ones on top until they equalized! Could they have won it? Sure, but they didn't. And they won't for a long long time I feel this WAS their chance and they blew it. 

I am absolutely celebrating a draw. We are at our lowest ebb for a very long time and they are at their highest in even longer, getting out with a point in the current league climate is excellent.

It was always going to be the case that if Ipswich didn't win then the result wouldn't matter, they're in a much better place than us, how tinpot to be celebrating. Because that's what they're like, and have always been like.

I'll always remember back in school, when Ipswich would regularly beat us, a Newcastle supporting friend said he always preferred it if Norwich won. Why? Because you'd only hear about it the next day, if Ipswich won it would be all you heard for the next month. Because that's what they're like, and have always been like.

I wasn’t celebrating a draw, I was celebrating our unbeaten run still being intact despite the fact we’ve been sh*te for long periods of this season and also given how utterly desperate they are to beat us 

At the end of the day the local derby is a straightforward simple affair, 22 blokes kick a ball around for ninety minutes and the result is that 1p5wich don't win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

At the end of the day the local derby is a straightforward simple affair, 22 blokes kick a ball around for ninety minutes and the result is that 1p5wich don't win.

If we beat them in April (or draw to be fair), then I think it extremely likely that nobody in their first two concession ranges (u12 - obvs and u19) will never remember them beating us in their entire lives. My youngest is 10 and they hadn’t beat us for four and a half years before he was born. 

When we got back to back promotions we did the league double over Ipswich with a 9-2 score on aggregate, 4-1 at Carrow Road, 5-1 at Portman Road. To get anywhere near what we achieved our rivals now have to win at least 7-0 in April

• Like 1