Does anyone else get the feeling he doesn't really value the time he had here? 

Reading his interview comments just now, he speaks entirely about Ipswich and doesn't refer to his time here at all. Now that might be editorial cutting his comments short - or it might be because he really doesn't have a lot of affection for this club at all.

The thing is, I've felt this way before about him when listening to him talking about the club. It kind of makes me sad - because even despite his time at Ipswich, I still hold a lot of affection for his time at the club. It's probably my favourite time as a Norwich City fan (slightly edging out the first promotion season under Farke and Wembley under Alex Neil). 

Has anyone else felt this way when listening to/reading about him? 

Said it before, will say it again.

Lambert was great for Norwich - Norwich were great for Lambert.

Nobody seems to have a problem acknowledging that Lambert was great for us.

Lambert seems to have a problem acknowledging that Norwich were great for him.

• Like 2

I don't think he was D & M's cup of tea. More McNally's man.

His last speech at the club dinner (?) was somewhat inflammatory ("Crap" this,"crap" that) without naming names, and I saw it as a rather genteel Glasgow Kiss.

It feels to me he's more being defensive about his failure at Ip**** when he says "I don't think there are too many players left from when I was there... Paul Cook came in after me and couldn't get a tune out of the guys.  Then Kieran comes in and blitzes everything, which needed to be done."

Maybe he just doesn't feel any need to be defensive about his time with us because it was clearly his most successful spell as a manager anywhere, ever ?

Also on Saturday's game he says “They’ll fancy their chances against Norwich because of the way the form guide goes but derby games, as I’ve said before, it doesn’t matter if you’re top or bottom, derby games can go either way.”  Brilliant bit of insight  that.

Lambert basically isn't a very nice chap. Did anyone remember the player awards at the end of the league one promo season? They were on YouTube for a few days but PL was totally homophobic when talking about Martin and Crofts....saying don't let them behind you, keep your backs to the wall and quips about Brighton  etc etc was totally and utter cringe and we all leant a lot about him that night.......sparky pub bore

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Said it before, will say it again.

Lambert was great for Norwich - Norwich were great for Lambert.

Nobody seems to have a problem acknowledging that Lambert was great for us.

Lambert seems to have a problem acknowledging that Norwich were great for him.

When he has talked about us thought he’s been very complimentary, given how things ended and his stint at Ipswich not that surprising he avoids talking about it. 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

When he has talked about us thought he’s been very complimentary, given how things ended and his stint at Ipswich not that surprising he avoids talking about it. 

Okay, I haven't followed everything he's said closely. I do remember him being complimentary recently about Delia and MWJ, but I certainly had the strong impression that he'd been very grudging and negative about us apart from that. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Okay, I haven't followed everything he's said closely. I do remember him being complimentary recently about Delia and MWJ, but I certainly had the strong impression that he'd been very grudging and negative about us apart from that. 

Was about to say there was a recent article but then looked it up was 2.5 years ago: 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/20646705.we-close---lamberts-rare-reflection-success-city/

“It was fantastic but the guys were great. We were so close together as a team, they were really easy to manage, really easy," Lambert told UFCB TV.

“We didn’t have a lot of money at that particular time but what we did have was incredible team spirit, incredible character.

“We had some really good players, really good players, who I was so happy to see them go on and play in the Premier League when a lot of people had probably doubted them a little bit.

“They had great careers themselves, a lot of them. So I’ll always thank them for what they did because they were great on and off the pitch, some great moments off the pitch as well where we were really close and on the pitch everybody would fight to achieve what we wanted to achieve.

“But for Norwich at the time to do it, especially with the way the finances were at that time, were really struggling.

“But we had a good board, good owners and I think everybody just pulled together; the support, the team, the owners, the chief exec – everybody pulled together.

“I think that was the success of having the two promotions back to back.”

I think we would all love a new manager with the same positive attack minded attitude Lambert and McNally brought to Norwich. Delia and co did not like the in your face attitude of Lambert and McNally which is what we need right now. In my view 2010 to 2012 was more even enjoyable than the Farke years because of the attitude 

Probably to do with the way he left. He had a big bust up with McNally who he believed to be breaking contract by refusing him permission to speak with Aston Villa. Hence why he resigned and a bitter battle for compensation ensued. 

i think also someone like Lambert might of thought look where i have taken you to the PL from Lg 1 and you will not back me in Transfer window ,

that's not a dig at Delia and MWJ they could not afford it but lambert was Ambitious 

He's essentially a pundit now, so referencing the bigger derbies makes a lot more sense and his ego was severely dented by both Norwich at the end and the Ipswich job became a nightmare when he didn't get what he needed from Evans. 

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't think he was D & M's cup of tea. More McNally's man.

His last speech at the club dinner (?) was somewhat inflammatory ("Crap" this,"crap" that) without naming names, and I saw it as a rather genteel Glasgow Kiss.

It's the complete opposite of that. When he left the bad feeling was between him and Bowkett/McNally. He returned for D&M's 25 year celebration.

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Does anyone else get the feeling he doesn't really value the time he had here? 

Reading his interview comments just now, he speaks entirely about Ipswich and doesn't refer to his time here at all. Now that might be editorial cutting his comments short - or it might be because he really doesn't have a lot of affection for this club at all.

The thing is, I've felt this way before about him when listening to him talking about the club. It kind of makes me sad - because even despite his time at Ipswich, I still hold a lot of affection for his time at the club. It's probably my favourite time as a Norwich City fan (slightly edging out the first promotion season under Farke and Wembley under Alex Neil). 

Has anyone else felt this way when listening to/reading about him? 

He should value it...because he did f*ck anywhere else after he left