Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Upper Tiers Closed

2 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Aside from the first few games that my late dad took me to which  first got me ‘the bug’ -  I, alongside a fixed core (plus an ever-changing looser band) of schoolmates, would go to early round cup games during the Division 1 doldrums of the mid- 90s, taking advantage of the quid tickets then offered via schools.

It was great fun and being the cups, there was no guarantee of being served up disappointment in the shape of our usual league form  - I remember several medium and high-scoring wins against lower league minnows, which at that age and experience/expectation/ego was the height of excitement.

It boiled the pot and fed the habit until the time Norwich started to get competitive again, and I had enough  cash and independence to follow the club as a student

Crikey your not allowed to have fun these days at football,  that would be reportable.  

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

A little different from 3PM Saturday FA Cup and had over 20,000 for a Sunday game last year.

Well, no sh1t sherlock.

The OP specified "any league or cup game" and so I provided some details.

I very much expect demand is enough to open all areas of CR for the FAC.

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

No ambition to sell tickets. Why not make it free?

Because that would have to have the agreement of Bristol Rovers. While they might not see it as a bumper pay day, they would expect to cover their costs at the barest minimum.

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Adults are £12 and Children £1 for this game so I don’t think anyone can complain in terms of entry prices.  I imagine if we were going well we’d get 20k+ but it is what it is.

I can assure you that Essex will complain. Even if tickets were free he would ask why chauffeur driven transport to the match is not included ( at least for shareholders and their families!)

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Because that would have to have the agreement of Bristol Rovers. While they might not see it as a bumper pay day, they would expect to cover their costs at the barest minimum.

Plus the small matter of the rules of the Football Association Challenge Cup:

"Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on all prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Plus the small matter of the rules of the Football Association Challenge Cup:

"Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on all prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions."

Interesting. So that still could be £10 for an adult plus child. I agree with your apparent opinion that there is enough scope there for a fully open ground.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Interesting. So that still could be £10 for an adult plus child. I agree with your apparent opinion that there is enough scope there for a fully open ground.

Not really, as @RobJames pointed out, Bristol Rovers would need to agree to your fantasy-pricing. And if gate receipts do not cover expenses then both clubs must split the deficit, equally. 

39 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Not really, as @RobJames pointed out, Bristol Rovers would need to agree to your fantasy-pricing. And if gate receipts do not cover expenses then both clubs must split the deficit, equally. 

Bristol Rovers must be amazingly enthusiastic about a reduced capacity given that they live with far less TV money than NCFC. Their away following for league matches is around 1,000 so perhaps double it for this match. They probably have a far greater understanding of the demand and supply curve than NCFC given our recent accounts show 7% less gate income for a 7% rise in season ticket prices.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

No. You originally wanted admission to be free - showing your ignorance, and now your futile attempt at deflection.

• Like 2

Surprised Zoe Webber and her salary has not been mentioned yet in the decision making process for this game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised Zoe Webber and her salary has not been mentioned yet in the decision making process for this game. 

I saw Zoe Webber before the Sheffield Wednesday game.......wearing flip-flops I tell you!!!

she's on the beach already and its only December

Just goes to prove once again that the manager has a clause in his contract to get knocked out of the Cup because the club has so little ambition in it that it sees fit to part close the stadium on third round day.

9 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Just goes to prove once again that the manager has a clause in his contract to get knocked out of the Cup because the club has so little ambition in it that it sees fit to part close the stadium on third round day.

Don’t worry Vince they’ll still be room for you and the little Vinces

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It's like  Vincey says. Wagner probably gets a bonus for getting knocked out of the Cup. Zoe gets a bonus for negotiating it albeit she doesn't as she will have passed it on to the legal advisers. The only reason they get away with it is because 80% of the supporters residing in Norfolk are even more dopey than the Stowmarket Supporters Club.

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It's like  Vincey says. Wagner probably gets a bonus for getting knocked out of the Cup. Zoe gets a bonus for negotiating it albeit she doesn't as she will have passed it on to the legal advisers. The only reason they get away with it is because 80% of the supporters residing in Norfolk are even more dopey than the Stowmarket Supporters Club.

Nurse.................................

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Nurse.................................

...............he's out of his bed again 🤪

On 14/12/2023 at 18:48, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I can’t remember any league or  cup game in the last 20 years where the Barclay or River end uppers have been closed?!

You must have missed quite a few cup games then! 😅

Season ticket holders have had their chance to purchase their seat and as of 5 minutes ago ( 5pm ) it is now open to members.

To say the take up by season tickets holders has been pathetic would be a big understatement looking at the website.

Season ticket holders have had their chance to purchase their seat and as of 5 minutes ago ( 5pm ) it is now open to members.

To say the take up by season tickets holders has been pathetic would be a big understatement looking at the website.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So big and understatement that you had to say it twice!

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good........ they're all a bunch of whingers anyway 😉 

4 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

as a season ticket holder of many years I'm quite sad to say that it never even crossed my mind to go to this game

SAD being the optimal word, it never crossed my mind not to go .

I'm sitting in my normal ST seat for the FA Cup tie....£12.00....then pub after....'What's not to like?'....

C'mon folk, get yerselves daarn Carra an' a bit o' cup football....

Just looked at the club website again and i would be amazed if 4,000 tickets have been shifted so far despite calls for the Upper Tiers to be open.

As usual there will be a long queue at the box office, people will still be coming in long past three o’clock, then they will wander around trying to their seat. ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE ROW A AT THE BOTTOM !!!

On 21/12/2023 at 16:05, TIL 1010 said:

Just looked at the club website again and i would be amazed if 4,000 tickets have been shifted so far despite calls for the Upper Tiers to be open.

The Upper Crust want Upper Tiers and some of the Lower Crust want armchairs.