Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sargent is back by Christmas!

So ' around Christmas time ' means by Christmas ?

Not forgetting of course the word ' maybe '

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Back in squad training but I think it'll take another 2-3 weeks to get him back up to speed. So mid-January?

New Year, New us. Probably 

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Back in squad training but I think it'll take another 2-3 weeks to get him back up to speed. So mid-January?

I imagine he'll probably get a game or two playing with the under 21's prior to joining us in the main team as is the current norm with injured  players

Just please don't put him on the Sainz 'back to work' scheme or we won't see him till March! :classic_blush:

Great news though, still plenty of time to get this wagon back on to promotion street!!

17 minutes ago, daz said:

Not ready for s c u. M thho 😐😬

Won't need them. I can see us winning by one goal no problems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine he'll probably get a game or two playing with the under 21's prior to joining us in the main team as is the current norm with injured  players

Well they play on the 11th and 17th of December which will be too early, but then they don't play again until the 12th January, so I hope you're wrong about that.

Barnes went straight into the team and he's 34 so you would hope Sargent has the equal or better base fitness.

Realistically he might get a few minutes in the FA Cup game.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

You do also have to factor in the almost inevitable ‘he’s had a setback/he broke down in training’ that will happen shortly.

That's my concerns with fans thinking everything will be better when Sarge is Back ,

Anything could happen between now and his comeback ,

it is fairly common to pull muscles when they start training hard again 

lets just let the boy recover first before we celebrate to much 

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That's my concerns with fans thinking everything will be better when Sarge is Back ,

Anything could happen between now and his comeback ,

it is fairly common to pull muscles when they start training hard again 

lets just let the boy recover first before we celebrate to much 

It doesn't feel that long ago Josh was a bit of a laughing stock on here, yet now he's the answer to all our problems?

Personally I think having Hanley and Gibson back could be more important. Scoring goals isn't a problem, letting them in is.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It doesn't feel that long ago Josh was a bit of a laughing stock on here, yet now he's the answer to all our problems?

Personally I think having Hanley and Gibson back could be more important. Scoring goals isn't a problem, letting them in is.

Gibson needs replacing for me but he will do until end of season ,

i think with Hanley out long time and older than Sarge but you are correct we need him but big ask to come back and hit the ground running 

Sarge has been out for so long i think it will be a miracle if his performances are back to where they were before injury for a while 

All the big guns... Just in time for the promotion push second half of the season... 😅 Lets be avin ya

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hernandez doing a Klose to them would be pretty hillarious

Or does a panenka pen 😂 

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Our first line of defence is the attack and the press they put on the opponent though, that's why Sarge is such a big component of this team to be missing. 

• Like 1

Getting a fit Sarg back excellent news.  With the new recruits in Jan window we will be flying.  No more aged free transfers, spaces in the team for good, younger and cheap imports.  Wagner we will see us alright now Webber out of the picture.  Last two years will be a painful memory soon.

Some hope