Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Six things you might have missed from City's 1-0 Rangers win

With apologies to Samuel Seaman, who did the original article

! Attendance

The ground looked quite sparsely populated in a lot of areas. Attendance 25650 my @rse

2 Crowd Noise

Some people near me were saying they were going to join hands and try to contact the living. I haven't heard it as quiet as that for ages

3 Passing the ball forwards

Even when an attack looks possible we still go for the killer ball back to the keeper

4 Shots on target

Just the one this week. Admittedly it did result in a goal, perhaps we should try it more often

5 Entertainment

Poor. I've seen episodes of Eastenders that have been more lively

6 Managerial progress

Non existent. We are no further forward than when he got here, in fact I would say we have gone backwards

I missed what the geezer actually won for hitting the crossbar twice during half-time (my highlight of the day at Carra) I know a fully loaded hot-dog is awarded for hitting it once....But I missed what he got for hitting it twice?....Maybe fries an' a plastic bottle o' Carlsberg?....

Oh and the second highlight was the young kids slotting the penalty's past Captain canhardly in goal.... 

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I missed what the geezer actually won for hitting the crossbar twice during half-time (my highlight of the day at Carra) I know a fully loaded hot-dog is awarded for hitting it once....But I missed what he got for hitting it twice?....Maybe fries an' a plastic bottle o' Carlsberg?....

Oh and the second highlight was the young kids slotting the penalty's past Captain canhardly in goal.... 

He got let out early!

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

1. 3 Points

2. 3 Points

3. 3 Points

4. 3 Points

5. 3 Points

6. Scum lost.

Look, first rule of supporting NCFC:

When we get 3 points but play badly, performances are all that matter. When we put in a good performance but lose, points are all that matter.

Second rule of supporting NCFC:

When we play young players and play badly, we need more experience. When (through injury or otherwise) we play more experienced players, even if we win, it's very concerning that our starting line-up consists of mostly a bunch of old cloggers.

Pretty dire match to watch, but I can't think of many examples in the past where teams have been so low on confidence and form that they have overnight been able to turn in the whole package of performances and results. Big week for the squad now - away from the pressure of Carrow Road, if the team can keep the results going but provide some of the high-octane football we saw towards the start of the season more people may believe we are turning a corner.

Edited by Ian
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

Look, first rule of supporting NCFC:

When we get 3 points but play badly, performances are all that matter. When we put in a good performance but lose, points are all that matter.

Second rule of supporting NCFC:

When we play young players and play badly, we need more experience. When (through injury or otherwise) we play more experienced players, even if we win, it's very concerning that our starting line-up consists of mostly a bunch of old cloggers.

Pretty dire match to watch, but I can't think of many examples in the past where teams have been so low on confidence and form that they have overnight been able to turn in the whole package of performances and results. Big week for the squad now - away from the pressure of Carrow Road, if the team can keep the results going but provide some of the high-octane football we saw towards the start of the season more people may believe we are turning a corner.

Amen to that.

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Is that what they give you to shoot yourself to end the misery ?

Slow and painful death by cholesterol.....or watching re-runs of Saturday's game....

It was such a weird atmosphere on Saturday. I've never really known a game like it; no one cared, the atmosphere was as flat as I can ever recall and the goal wasn't really greeted with the same emphatic roar that normally comes with it. I saw at least a dozen people who left around the hour mark, despite us being 1-0 up.

I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to happen to give this football club an almighty kick up the backside. It might be easy for some people to turn a blind eye to it, just as it was during Smith's decent run during the early phase of last season, but for a significant chunk of Norwich supporters the magic and enjoyment of being a fan is evaporating.  It was undoubtedly the least excited I've ever walked away from Carrow Road following a win and from the demeanour and conversations of other supporters that walked back over the railway bridge I certainly wasn't alone. I'd wager renewal numbers for season ticket holders will be as low as they have been for years unless something significant happens between now and the end of January.

And given the attendance was at least a couple of thousand short of what was declared, they can't really afford any sort of exodus of supporters at the moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

for a significant chunk of Norwich supporters the magic and enjoyment of being a fan is evaporating.

After the last five years, I think we Norwich City fans know better than any set of supporters in the country how hard it is for a club of our size to survive, let alone thrive, in the top division. So it's hardly surprising that in the background there is a sense of 'what is the point of all this?'

Obviously one answer to that question is 'to support your local team', but when the tickets are so expensive it's no wonder people are looking for a bit more than that.

I'm an exiled fan and get to two or three games a season, mostly away. So for me the expense is minimal and the matchday experience happens little enough to be a large part of the attraction. But I think it's completely logical for existing ST holders to be thinking about whether they want to renew.

On 27/11/2023 at 13:43, Mello Yello said:

Slow and painful death by cholesterol.....or watching re-runs of Saturday's game....

And then the runs from the hotdog 

I have to say Saturday was probably the least interesting game I've witnessed for ages. Normally there's a gory post-mortem to pick over the carcass of what went wrong, otherwise there's the highlights of what went right. Saturday was one moment of quality then an entirely sensible (but highly boring) defensive slog. We got the three points, didn't do much wrong (or right) and don't have much of an indication as to what's going to come. Meh. 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

It was such a weird atmosphere on Saturday. I've never really known a game like it; no one cared, the atmosphere was as flat as I can ever recall and the goal wasn't really greeted with the same emphatic roar that normally comes with it. I saw at least a dozen people who left around the hour mark, despite us being 1-0 up.

I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to happen to give this football club an almighty kick up the backside. It might be easy for some people to turn a blind eye to it, just as it was during Smith's decent run during the early phase of last season, but for a significant chunk of Norwich supporters the magic and enjoyment of being a fan is evaporating.  It was undoubtedly the least excited I've ever walked away from Carrow Road following a win and from the demeanour and conversations of other supporters that walked back over the railway bridge I certainly wasn't alone. I'd wager renewal numbers for season ticket holders will be as low as they have been for years unless something significant happens between now and the end of January.

And given the attendance was at least a couple of thousand short of what was declared, they can't really afford any sort of exodus of supporters at the moment.

I still feel the vast majority will renew. I suspect I will, along with my mates, but it's the matchday experience thing for me. If it were just down to the football I probably wouln't bother. 

They need to do something a bit more creative with pricing though, but that team seems pretty dim to me.

41 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I still feel the vast majority will renew. I suspect I will, along with my mates, but it's the matchday experience thing for me. If it were just down to the football I probably wouln't bother. 

They need to do something a bit more creative with pricing though, but that team seems pretty dim to me.

I'll renew, again mainly because of habit and because of the pre-game public trip, who I go with and who I sit around. It will be with a degree of reluctance, mind you. And if one of my party said they didn't fancy it anymore, that would probably be it for me.

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

And then the runs from the hotdog 

As you walk away from Carra....you leave a trail like a snail....

On 27/11/2023 at 12:55, Mello Yello said:

More excitement watching the equivalent of a dozen  would be Monty Don’s spading the Carrow Road turf

Comical to see them hanging around during televised games at half time