Sign in to follow this  
ca

Recent Update from NCISA Website

Despite many fans feeling unhappy at the way this season has panned out, and despite the public meeting held at St Andrew’s Hall, majority share holders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones have publicly backed the manager, Nigel Worthington.

NCISA are very grateful to the club for being allowed the opportunity to address the fans’ concerns, and we also recognise that both Delia and Michael have made their views well known and we have to accept their decisions.

We accept that our members still have many concerns, and through the communication channels that we have with the club, we will continue to address those issues. Should you wish to raise any issues regarding NCFC, good or not so good, then we would be grateful if you could send us your thoughts.

Thats that then!!

What would you have us do? You can only say things to people a certain number of times. NCISA cannot sack Nigel Worthington. The board have made it clear they are not going to. We have organised a public meeting for fans, we have supported and attended the protests and we have made our feelings known face to face with the the board  in no uncertain terms. What else do you suggest? An assassination plot maybe?

I really would welcome posters suggestions about what the next move is.

[quote user="Kathy"]

What would you have us do? You can only say things to people a certain number of times. NCISA cannot sack Nigel Worthington. The board have made it clear they are not going to. We have organised a public meeting for fans, we have supported and attended the protests and we have made our feelings known face to face with the the board  in no uncertain terms. What else do you suggest? An assassination plot maybe?

[/quote]

Katy:

Sorry, but I''ve always seen NCISA as ''yes men'' and before you ask, I was a member once, if only briefly.

A continuation of the protests, outside and inside the ground would be a start, not the ''sell out'' which has now been adopted by NCISA.

This has been, in my opinion, a stab in the back for all those who attended St Andrews Hall recently.

Either put up or shut up, but don''t sucker up................its not pretty!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Katy:

Sorry, but I''ve always seen NCISA as ''yes men'' and before you ask, I was a member once, if only briefly.

A continuation of the protests, outside and inside the ground would be a start, not the ''sell out'' which has now been adopted by NCISA.

This has been, in my opinion, a stab in the back for all those who attended St Andrews Hall recently.

Either put up or shut up, but don''t sucker up................its not pretty!.

[/quote]

Apologies with your name KATHY!.

I should have added: It appears to ordinary supporters that sitting at the big table has turned you and Roy Blowers, in fact all at NCISA, heads, and having accepted the clubs crumbs, you are all too scared to rock the boat now.

Very dissapointed in you and NCISA.

Wiz, if you had been present at the meeting we had with the board you would have seen we were certainly not yes men. I give you my word about that. As far as the protests go we didnt organise them so cant continue them. If they were repeated I would be there as I was for the first one.

And to those of you who have privately sent me abusive emails about this, do you really expect me to respond to them when you address me like that?

Kathy,

Are you saying you are happy with that performance on Friday night?.   Fine if your statement was made after Sheffield but it wasn''t.  As to what you can do - well you can go back to Delia and her acolytes - tell her that you do not accept her position and continue to agitate for Worthys dismissal and those of his minions. To do nothing suggests that you and NCIS are prepared to accept the currant rubbish until Delia et al in their infinite wisdom decide its time for a change.  You must be having  a laugh

NCISA say in their statement that they have to accept Delia & Michael''s decision, why is that then?

Personally whilst the club that I love has Worthless in charge I wont be accepting and agreeing with any decisions made by the board with regards to his future here. I will keep protesting, emailing the club, stamping my feet and playing my part in trying to make them see sense.

It looks that NCISA have had their meeting with the club and resigned themselves to the fact that its the end of the matter.

I don''t belong to your association so can''t tell you what your next step should be but I''m sure your 500 members will have loads of ideas of how you can help with the campaign.

You may recall, cityangel, that prior to the NCISA meeting I was suggesting their association treat the meeting they had arranged as the BEGINNING of a way to reach out to the broader population, finding ways to expand the message and keep the pressure applied. I fear this was not their objective, and here''s why I say this.

After reading many articles on the PinkUn website under the NCISA heading it is clear there are numerous individuals within the group who have entirely different points of view as to the approach that should be taken as far as Norwich City FC are concerned. Personally, I think it comes across as a bit of a power struggle going on within the group. I simply don''t know if Wizard''s opinion is correct as to the NCISA being a "bunch of yes men". It does not take a genius, however, to discern that NCISA did not conduct an effective lobby with the NCFC Board.

Kathy asks "what would we have them do?". Let me tell you Kathy what an effective association does not do. They don''t use ( nay, they should not allow ) a secretary pre and post the St. Andrew''s meeting to broadcast that she has too many other responsibilities elsewhere ( including at home ) that preclude the ability of the NCISA to effectively take the time to expand and communicate what is transpiring. This is, quite frankly, poor form for any organisation that wants to reach out to the greater football fan base with a probably objective of expanding its membership. It''s not personal Kathy ( as a matter of fact, the comment is not directed against you ). It simply is a recognition to those disenchanted fans at the club''s direction that they don''t need to depend upon an outdated organisation like NCISA to get their points across.

Technology has moved on from the days when a select few gets to sit down with biscuits and tea, imagining they are representing the broad base of Norwich fans and then play back, when time permits, that the impression is that Norwich management really does seem to understand the overall situation and that they appear to have heard all of the issues hundreds of times. SO WHAT!!! Then they need to hear it thousands and thousands of times until they can take it no longer. I say to all of you keep the pressure up that you started. You''ve been encouraged by some to sit down, you''ve said your piece, now get behind the club and support them. Well, I say, Carrow Road isn''t being populated by 2,000 fans like Torquay, so why is the team playing like it is?

[quote user="Kathy"]

Wiz, if you had been present at the meeting we had with the board you would have seen we were certainly not yes men. I give you my word about that. As far as the protests go we didnt organise them so cant continue them. If they were repeated I would be there as I was for the first one.

And to those of you who have privately sent me abusive emails about this, do you really expect me to respond to them when you address me like that?

[/quote]

Kathy:

I can only condem people who sent you abusive emails, thats not on, and I hope that they didn''t hurt you too much.

I take your points, and will bear them in mind.

Cheers.

Kathy,

I would suggest you pass over the names of people who have sent you abusive emails to the moderators and then they can quite easily ban them from this site.

cityangel

I agree with Wiz in that the sending of abusive emails is bang out of order, those who have done so should hang their heads in shame or, preferably, take them out of their own a*ses so somebody (and I would be willing) can give them a slap.

On a different note, does anybody have Delia''s, Doncaster''s or anybody elses on the board personal email so that we could all send them our views. Not abusive but just stating our thoughts, I am sure that if they were to be receiving a hundred or so emails a day they might want to think again.

Different note again, I have been a WO for a long long time - however for the first time recently I have realised that I have reached the point of beginning to seriously dislike Worthy. I feel that he can see the current situation as well as the rest of us and a man of REAL honour would resign.

Mark .Y.

Thanks but they are not via the website - I should have made that clear. Sorry. Quite happy to engage in topical debayte on here.

Opinions might be running high and people feeling frustrated and upset but personal abuse is just not on. I dearly wont Worthy out for the good of this club, but letting it get to the point of personal abuse to fellow fans which ever side of the fence we sit just musy not be allowed to happen.

express your opinions yes. debate the issues yes. abusive to one another that is sad and should not be.

first of all i have to say that as the note on the ncisa website was dated the 23rd any notion of being happy with burnley seems unfair. i dont check their site too often, but i have noticed that the front page has changed regularly, maybe it will change again post burnley?

what i do not understand is that there are rational thoughful posters on here having a go at Katy for saying how the situation really is. Results will be the major factor in whether worthy stays or goes we all know that, so to shoot the messengers seems somewhat unfair.

i see from the bottom part of the statement ncisa appear to be dipping a toe in the water and want feedback - maybe their stance will move if enough email them, but they do after all have a duty to reflect their members, not some tom, dick or harrieta.

Dear kathy i said to you in a post a couple of weeks ago that i felt  the NCISA  was selling the fans down the river . you said you would  NEVER  do that , so why have this been said by the NCISA  ?. think mr blower  should come out & say all the fans should protest , instead of  giving up   or will his meals stop before the  game.  been  a fan from  the early 60''s . i really think your membership will drop now for coming out with that  statement.

A sure way of grabbing everyone''s attention, Kathy, is for the protestors to organise a pitch invasion.

Not only will that grab the attention of the club, it will grab the attention of the FA and the media!

Illegal? A hefty fine? Well, at least a hefty fine might mean another no-hoper journeyman isn''t signed for next season.

[quote user="budgie"]

A sure way of grabbing everyone''s attention, Kathy, is for the protestors to organise a pitch invasion.

Not only will that grab the attention of the club, it will grab the attention of the FA and the media!

Illegal? A hefty fine? Well, at least a hefty fine might mean another no-hoper journeyman isn''t signed for next season.

[/quote]

The NCISA have always been all talk.. i feel let down by them... whats that phrase from the Aero Advert "all bubble no squeek".. same could be said for the NCISA.. they look a good prospect and are always in "liasion with the club" but when it comes to it they are just yes men.....

Probably dont want to lose their cozy use of Carrow Road for the away fans / NCISA end of season party.

jas :)

prior ro the ncisa meeting, if bazzer skipper can be taken as a reliable guide of the board''s opinion, they seemed to think the opposition to worthy was a fragmented, minority view. the public meeting at st. andrews nailed that misnomer - as did the protest march after and so i think credit should go to ncisa because they gelled and quantified the strength of the opposition.  ncisa made the board take the protests seriously, and for me their use of responsible pressure and focus forced the board to eventually clarify their position - hence after months of silence we got the delia and michael statement.delia and michael effectively make the decisions at carra rd, and once they made their statement - any talk of worthy going was put on the backburner until the end of the season in my view. i think ncisa have had little choice but to pipe down in these circumstances and as they''ve said, keep the channels of communication open to let the board know how fans are feeling. this is probably better than what the board were relying on before st. andrews to guage fan opinion, because it seems they we''re seriously out of touch. delia could have come out and united the fans at a stroke by sacking worthy, but she chose to back worthy and to a certain extent has traded on her reputation to do so.  she risks being in the firing line also. personally, i doubt she''s made the right decision over worthy, but i will go along with her for the time being. yes the results have been better - but the performances have largely been poor - we seem to score goals more often than not on the break against teams of whatever quality, because we lack a midfield and style of play that can dominate teams and pin them back in their own half.  we perhaps did it 2nd half versus leeds, but really sheff utd outplayed us all match, but couldn''t score.  we can''t mount a promotion challenge for next season with quality players consistently underperforming - something is clearly lacking on the coaching/management side. i believe ncisa have played it right.  they clarfied the strength of feeling, made the opposition clear to the board, made the board release a statement and agreed to keep channels of communication open.  the ball is in the boards court now, and we''re all waiting to see what happens at the end of the season now. until then, as fans, we are left with the ability to voice our opinions - and unless fan opinion hardens again - i don''t see that formal protests or marches will occur, its more likely to be after match ad-hoc protests as before.for the time being, i''m waiting and seeing.

It''s all well and good moaning about the NCISA but how many of you who are criticising them for not representing you or your opinions are actually members?

How many of you are prepared to take extra time out from your life to do this sort of thing?  From memory some posters only wanted to protest pre match because they wanted to get home asap afterwards? 

I am not a member of the NCISA and I have never considered that they represent my views because of that.  They run their orginisation how they want and that''s fine by me.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

It''s all well and good moaning about the NCISA but how many of you who are criticising them for not representing you or your opinions are actually members?

How many of you are prepared to take extra time out from your life to do this sort of thing?  From memory some posters only wanted to protest pre match because they wanted to get home asap afterwards? 

I am not a member of the NCISA and I have never considered that they represent my views because of that.  They run their orginisation how they want and that''s fine by me.

[/quote]

Well said Saint. After the last few games it seemed as though people were becoming a bit more reasonable, wanting Worthy out, but at least being reasonable about it. Now after an albeit shocking defeat and the hysteria has returned, I mean I read somewhere earlier that we should have a pitch invasion?!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

Well said Saint. After the last few games it seemed as though people were becoming a bit more reasonable, wanting Worthy out, but at least being reasonable about it. Now after an albeit shocking defeat and the hysteria has returned, I mean I read somewhere earlier that we should have a pitch invasion?!

[/quote]

who said about the pitch invasion??? what an idiot! they can go back to supporting the chelski cheats/thugs.. thats more their thing!

jas :)

I agree with the earlier comments - if you dont agree with NCISA viewpoints then either join, discuss and change their view point or set up your own group.

NCISA have reached their own conclusion which is great but it is inevitable, that just like the club board, they will not be able to come to an opinion that keeps all fans happy.  In that respect people disagreeing with the statement is an inevitablity andthe more public figures like Roy and Kathy will have to accept some disagreement having put their heads above the parapets.  

However in no way does that mean that their integrity should be questioned, nor should they face direct abuse, through whichever channel it is delivered.

Carry on Kathy et al,  you are taking the time and effort to co-ordinate and interacts with clubs and fans and that can only be good.

Personally I wouldnt be at all surprised if there is a protest again on Sat as protesting to an empty Carrow Road would be a  most futile activity, and the consistent repeated failure of the management staff to get the players performing does not deserve rewarding with another season.

I have waited, seen and have had enough