Bradwell canary

Steady the ship…..warnock

Here’s a thought, Bring Warnock in to steady the ship that is sinking fast. Until new DOF is in place, give us time to seek a permanent coach for the transfer window.

Just hope Webber will not have any part in the transfer window, he should have been on gardening leave as soon as he gave his notice in.

Dont want him here to influence the new man in any transfer dealing,  particularly with the new dads army recruitment policy.

Who ever the board chooses has to be superman to get much out of this awful squad recruited under Webber.

I genuinely don’t think this is a stupid idea. I’d let him have til the end of the season though so the new guy can take his time over an appointment 

Telegraph reporting he wants to take the QPR job after they sacked Ainsworth last night.

He isn't coming here for 2 months, he had nothing to gain from that and we do not have a giant pot of money to throw at hin to give him an incentive.

Edited by BSEYELLOW

Apparently QPR are interested in him and they currently have more need.

I do not yet think our state is perilous enough to resort to such drastic and emergency measures but it could be if the current clown is allowed to remain at Carrow Road for much longer.

We desperately need some sort of caretaker role to, hopefully, steady the ship until Ben Knapper arrives and has time to assess the situation and possible replacements.

Quite frankly, I'd even settle for "old faithful" Neil Adams at the helm for a spell rather than persisting with Wagner's bizarre and limited version of management.

I don't think he's lost the players and feel he is popular with them, but there is something about performances that suggests they are unable to be confident in his style. Something is clearly amiss. You cannot inspire confidence by brave words alone. Competence is also a requisite.

Our present form is, once again under this man, that of a relegation threatened team. It cannot possibly be allowed to continue. 

That mid-table Chumps mediocrity that many of us have dreaded has now become an aspiration to be settled for.

Edited by BroadstairsR

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Apparently QPR are interested in him and they currently have more need.

I do not yet think our state is perilous enough to resort to such drastic and emergency measures but it could be if the current clown is allowed to remain at Carrow Road for much longer.

We desperately need some sort of caretaker role to, hopefully, steady the ship until Ben Knapper arrives and has time to assess the situation and possible replacements.

Quite frankly, I'd even settle for "old faithful" Neil Adams at the helm for a spell rather than persisting with Wagner's bizarre and limited version of management.

I don't think he's lost the players and feel he is popular with them, but there is something about performances that suggests they are unable to be confident in his style. Something is clearly amiss. You cannot inspire confidence by brave words alone. Competence is also a requisite.

Our present form is, once again under this man, that of a relegation threatened team. It cannot possibly be allowed to continue. 

That mid-table Chumps mediocrity that many of us have dreaded has now become an aspiration to be settled for.

I'd settle for a bit of mid-table mediocrity at the moment as that would be a vast improvement on the level of performance we are seeing currently.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Atrocious run of form but I’m not sure mid table is really an aspiration to be settled for when we’re two wins away from the playoffs and less than three wins off third place…

From what I have heard QPR are after him as their Ainsworth replacement.

Hate saying it but as a brief 'steady the ship until the end of the season' appointment we could do worse Is suppose.

But yet again I have to say I feel he is too old school, too self opinionated and 'rude' for someone like Delia to be happy with

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Atrocious run of form but I’m not sure mid table is really an aspiration to be settled for when we’re two wins away from the playoffs and less than three wins off third place…

Yes, but we've managed one point from our last five games. Even if we win the next two, we still wouldn't be in the playoffs because the teams above us would pick up points. If we do hang on to Wagner (which I hope we don't), I think it's possible we could see an uptick in form after the international break with Sainz ready to start, and Hanley and Barnes back from injury. But it's equally possible we could continue to flounder and get sucked into a relegation battle.

On balance, I'd take 13th at the end of the season and concentrate on wholesale change in the summer.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yes, but we've managed one point from our last five games. Even if we win the next two, we still wouldn't be in the playoffs because the teams above us would pick up points. If we do hang on to Wagner (which I hope we don't), I think it's possible we could see an uptick in form after the international break with Sainz ready to start, and Hanley and Barnes back from injury. But it's equally possible we could continue to flounder and get sucked into a relegation battle.

On balance, I'd take 13th at the end of the season and concentrate on wholesale change in the summer.

Really?

If we hired a new manager tomorrow, still in October, six points off the playoffs, and we finished 13th, would you really be sat there saying the new guy’s done a good job, exactly what we needed?

Let’s be realistic… if that happened, there’d already be a large number of calls for him to go over the summer.

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Really?

If we hired a new manager tomorrow, still in October, six points off the playoffs, and we finished 13th, would you really be sat there saying the new guy’s done a good job, exactly what we needed?

Let’s be realistic… if that happened, there’d already be a large number of calls for him to go over the summer.

Totally see your point, but I guess that's just indicative of how little faith I have in this club and these players at this specific moment in time.

Once Wagner has gone I may revise my expectations upwards, but at the moment our momentum is heading firmly in one direction, and it isn't towards the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hasn't he already done them!?

I suspect Warnock has genuinely retired now. Back at Huddersfield where he started (maybe. I know he also managed them in the 90s) with his wish of the crowd chanting that he's a **** in his last game. 

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Totally see your point, but I guess that's just indicative of how little faith I have in this club and these players at this specific moment in time.

Once Wagner has gone I may revise my expectations upwards, but at the moment our momentum is heading firmly in one direction, and it isn't towards the playoffs.

That little faith has grown quickly. Mine started when Jezz Moxey asked whether being a Club AD was a good idea.

We are up against it. This season was always going to be tough - we only need to look at the other teams in the league - many well organised teams with excellent coaches and many with some excellent players in. We on the other hand appear to have a weak depth to the squad, a coach that seems limited and a fanbase that is down on the club because of the expectations of excellence like we saw in the championship under Lambert, Adams/Neil and twice under Farke.

Warnock could galvanise us, that is what he does. Anyone else I can think of is going to struggle to improve things enough to win over the fans. I'm with @Feedthewolf and think this season should be a backs to the wall consolidation and look to switch things up next summer, when the new SD will have the opportunity to reset things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We are up against it. This season was always going to be tough - we only need to look at the other teams in the league - many well organised teams with excellent coaches and many with some excellent players in. We on the other hand appear to have a weak depth to the squad, a coach that seems limited and a fanbase that is down on the club because of the expectations of excellence like we saw in the championship under Lambert, Adams/Neil and twice under Farke.

Warnock could galvanise us, that is what he does. Anyone else I can think of is going to struggle to improve things enough to win over the fans. I'm with @Feedthewolf and think this season should be a backs to the wall consolidation and look to switch things up next summer, when the new SD will have the opportunity to reset things.

For the record, I absolutely do NOT think that Warnock is the answer, even in the short term! I'd rather see us try to instil a progressive style of play under an ambitious young coach. Personally I'd stick Pelach in there until the end of the season, if he wants it. We could definitely use an experienced head to support him, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hate saying it but as a brief 'steady the ship until the end of the season' appointment we could do worse Is suppose.

But yet again I have to say I feel he is too old school, too self opinionated and 'rude' for someone like Delia to be happy with

Might have completely made this up but im sure him and delia are on good terms - although saying that it might be uncle Roy 

no by the way