Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

cheeseboard!!!!!!!

Normski - I was really enjoying this thread until you mentioned the word BACON. It''s hard enough living in Muslim Saudi Arabia and not being at Carrow Road more than a few times a year without thoughtless people mentioning something else you can''t have. One piece of joy though is that the two televised matches against Wigan and Reading will be shown here live in Saudi. How I wish I could sit there watching with BEER and Bacon Sarnies. By the way the cheese here is OK unless it''s goatscheese - Now that is horrible.

So what does everyone think the official cheese of Norwich city should be??

Something yellow with little fleck of green in it. Like stilton but instead of blue and white it would have to be green and yellow. lol

Mouse, what have you got against Fleck & Green, why should they be in the cheese, and surely that should be little McVeigh?

Please, please, please could someone who knows Mr. Cheeseboard post on here that they will be willing and able to pick up 30 laminated CHEESEBOARD posters from turnstiles 25/26 on Friday before the game! I wouldn''t want them to go to waste and as I haven''t had a reply from Martin Emms I don''t know what else to do. As I''ve explained before, I''m in the City Stand so handing them over once I''m in the ground will not be possible, I think. I know that 30 is not a lot, but I daren''t risk doing any more just yet for obvious reasons. They are A4 size on green paper and have large lettering plus a little mouse (just for you, Mouse) and a hunk of cheese on them. If we are going to stand a chance of attracting Soccer AM''s attention via Sky''s coverage it would be handy to have them being held aloft on Friday by anyone near to Mr. Cheeseboard himself. If you can help and are in the N & P Lower towards the City Stand end then I really want to hear from you soon, please.

On a different tack, I saw some Double Gloucester with chives in it at the supermarket today. Although a little orangey, it looked a pretty good contender for official Norwich City cheese!!! Has anyone seen anything better?

Hi Suie sorry about long response my dad has just said that he is always one of the last in, so if someoen wants to get them befor hand then they can but if they are still wen he goes in just befor kick off he will collect them and hand them out to everyone who wants one!

Thanks Martin! Really good to hear from you and to know that your dad will collect them from the turnstiles and give them out. I''m sorry they are not in colour, but I didn''t fancy the bill for a colour printer cartridge if I got caught. Anyway, at least if it rains they won''t get soggy!!! Will your dad try to collect them up and use them again, I wonder? Whatever happens, it will be interesting to see if all of you get on the telly as a result of having them. Even if you don''t, it will be great to see you all with them when your dad stands up and shouts ''CHEEEEESSSSEEEBOOOAAARD''!!!
Off now to make some macaroni cheese for tea. Yum! Yum! Anyone care to join me?

ill have one! i sit block TL row Q seat 128 - almost 5 seats directly back from mr cheeseboard. if u give me about 5 i can distrbuate them. wat time willu be outside the ground at those turnstiles?

I am usually at the ground quite early - should be there by about 4.30 pm. I will leave them on the two turnstiles mentioned, so, if you don''t catch me in person, please tell the guys on the turnstiles that you want to take five of them out of the small box they will be in. I''m sure they won''t mind. I shall look out for you waving them about!!!

This thread seems to be going on for ever. A previous post hoped we''d get it to 100 posts and we''re nearly there! It should be a laugh on friday with all that has been happening about the cheeseboard. Has the original one been given back yet does anyone know? See you all on friday!

Well If Ive timed this right this could well be the 100th post.. so in the spirit of things, here goes...

CHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEEEEEDBOOOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!

Regards,

''Kent Canary''

It now makes sense after reading another message. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettssss retired and became Mr Cheeeeeeeeeeeessseboard.

Well done to The Lord, getting 100 people to reply to a thread is a fantastic effort. Got some yellow and green cheese in my fridge, by the way. Just found it at the back, must be a year old!

I have had many conversations with my son about the cheeseboard man, he sounds GREAT !!! my kind of man one who likes to have a laugh and make other people smile. I have yet to see him as i sit in the snake pit but i would like him to get onto the pitch and start us all singing "on the ball city" or maybe we could all start singing "cheeseboard" now that would be great.
But what does it mean? and why a cheeseboard? why not a chess board! or a surf board???

ON THE BOARD CITY!!!

Whoever mentioned Apple Wood is clearly a genius. No other cheese could ever and will ever compare to this dairy delight.

I have had a Cheeseboard T shirt made up for tomorrows game. I''m going to wear it in the "Kings Arms" Hall Road before the game. Of course I will have my City football shirt over the top of it at the game. It''s got a slightly adapted version to "On The Ball City" written on the back of the T shirt, below the Cheeseboard title and cheese etc. I changed the words from somebody elses earlier input to this thread. It says:

SLICE IT OFF,
SPREAD IT THICK,
DRINK A LITTLE VINTAGE.
KEEP IT FRESH,
SPLENDID CHEESE,
BRAVO, EAT SOME BRIE.
ON THE BOARD, BARCLAY,
NEVER MIND THE IPSWICH,
STEADY ON, HERE HE COMES,
WORTHY IS THE "KING".

CHEESEBOARD!
CHEESEBOARD!
CHEESEBOARD!

I wonder if we''ll ever hear the Barclay singing that. BTW> I''ve found out about getting Mr Cheeseboard a foam Cheese Crown and the Cheeselets some foam cheeseheads. I might try and get them before the end of the season. If the Cheeseboard is still going WHEN we get promotion it would be great to see a few cheeseboard heads around the ground. As I keep saying to Mr Cheeseboard we''ll always remember this as the Cheeseboard season.

I have so even better news
u no that the new sponser of the stand is jarolds well my uncle and cousin won a compiton on broadland so befor the game they are gonna be carign the jarold banner around the pitch and he will also be carign a cheeseboard sign!

well done tj hooker great tshirt today! a friend next to the directors box heard it today against wigan so its getting loadee! keep it up and also anyone noticed that the river end seems to be a little bit more noiser in the last couple of games!

River Enders were chanting cheeseboard last night, bit muted but getting better. South, sorry Jarrold, stand were more animated as well which is good, totally different to the old days. More like the really old days when I used to stand there.

Martin, I am wondering what happened to the CHEESEBOARD signs I made. I asked the guy on turnstile 25 if he would look after them until your dad arrived and he took a lot of persuading to do that, I can tell you. (Ground regulations, etc.) But in the end he said he would but only if I could guarantee that your dad was coming to the match, and I said he was. The box they were in had a message on it to your dad and the guy propped the box up against the glass so your dad would see it and the message. Did your dad not see it or did the guy have second thoughts about it all? Perhaps a steward told him not to do it...I just don''t know, but it was disappointing not to see them, and I don''t know where they are now. (Probably in a bin somewhere!) Anyway, I''m not sure I will be able to make any more before Walsall as there will be plenty of people in at work next week, which will make covert operations very difficult. Sorry you didn''t get them because of whatever reason. If I can, I will try again, but I really need to meet someone outside the ground to make sure they get to the right people next time! SORRY FOLKS! I tried and failed, unlike our wonderful team!!!

As I went in I saw the cheeseboard box (about 5.15pm) and I asked if I could have a cheeseboard sign so the stewerd gave me one. He was quite an old guy with glasses if I remember. I sit on the back row of The TL block and held my cheeseboard sign up at the start of each half but I was the only one with one! The signs are great by the way, especially the little mouse!!! So Susie, are you going to try again with the signs? I tried to ask the stewerd for a few but he wouldn''t let me. The people around me found it funny (the sign) and the guy sitting next to cheeseboard had a funny cheeseboard tshirt on which also went down well. My advice would be to wait outside the ground and hand them to people who wanted one. CHEESEBOARD!!!

Hi the Cheeseboard speaking. Suzi I can only offer my humblest apologises for forgetting to collect your cheeseboard signs. I sat in the kings Arms with my mate TJ discussing NCFC past present and future, whilst sampling, was it one or two ales, before realizing that the pub had emptied and kick off time was fast approaching. Tunnell vision encroached and we hot-footed it to the ground hoping to acheive kick off with all other thoughts vacant.
I think The Lord is correct - that is the best vocal support I have ever heard from the River End (Sorry Norwich and Peterborough) save prehaps Bayern Munich 10 years ago.
Normanski are you sure there is no Bacon in the River End !!!!
Come on two games to go. Lets give it some large CHEESSEEBOOAARD.

Clocked Mr Cheeseboard at the game, he stood up and yelled "CHEESEBOARD!" I immediately looked to my right from the City stand and espied him! he was wearing a black jacket and an NCFC scarf, I started laughing my head off and got some weird looks from my fellow fans around me! Hilarious! trouble was, I then spent the majority of the match glancing over to see if he did it again! Well worth the distraction though.....Character''s, we definitely should have more character''s! "Keep it up my son!!!" "TOP FELLAH!"

Thanks for all the nice comments from the Carrow Road and Kings Arms faithful yesterday about my Cheeseboard T shirt. It certainly went down well, even with the stewards. If anybody wants one see me next Saturday. They are £10. I''m sure you know where we sit. Have your money with you and I can have them done for you for the last game of the season. Me and Mr Cheeseboard have sorted out foam Cheeseboard cheeseheads for next season for £15. You will see them either on the last home game of the season or the first of next season. Anybody interested see me at the games or check out ebay later. Put it this way, they will be around for next season. In my opinion they are better than the inflatable Canaries of seasons past. Nice to see Normski getting interested in Cheeseboard. Sorry we don''t have any bacon for you right now. Maybe another season. Remember Cheeseboard came out of nothing. Can anyone tell me if Mr Cheeseboard got a mention in Zoo?

Sorry Suzie about your signs. We did remember, but it was too late by then. Keep it going. It''s not every day that a daft idea catches on. CHEEESSEEEEEBOOAARDDDDD!!

Thanks, River End Loud Boy, for at least letting me know that the box was there at 5.15 pm. Why it didn''t get to Martin''s dad I don''t know. There were 30 signs in it and I would be disappointed if they had just ended up in the bin; however, my problem is making some more as it will be difficult to do so without being caught, if you know what I mean! Perhaps I can try to do a smaller amount very early one morning this week before the Walsall game...but it would be good if someone would agree to meet me outside the ground at about 2 pm to take them into the stand. Is there anyone out there who could do this, I wonder? If so, I will do my best to make some more, so please let me know asap if you can help!

cheese. Simple as that. Keep it going.

Apparently you can eat the red wax that surrounds Edam. Or you could melt it down and use it for alternative space ship fuel.

Today for my lunch i enjoyed a variety of cheeses purchased from the french market that was in norwich at the weekend.

Very tasty indeed, especially when accompanied by some of the ostrich meat saucison i also got, mmmmmmmmmmmm.

They did sell me a particularly pungent camenbert though which i don''t think i can eat, it might work well for your rocket fuel Paradox!?