Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Curious as to ages

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thats where ur Psp and nintendo DS come in handy Dicky! modern technology, the savior of the long car Journey!

jas :)

[/quote]

Got PS2s fitted in the car, but they still get bored.  End up shutting them up with coke and sweets, which makes them absolutely hyper and a total mare on the way back.  Not too bad if we''ve had a good win, but not great if we lose.

[/quote]

tell u what i found good when i was a kid were these "choose ur own adventure" books... they are like a miniature game-novel if u like... u can read through it several times and choose a different path each time and come up with 5 or 6 possible endings... i loved them on long car journies! and i have yet to find a kid who doesnt like em! u can get a job lot cheap on Ebay...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thats where ur Psp and nintendo DS come in handy Dicky! modern technology, the savior of the long car Journey!

[/quote]

Got PS2s fitted in the car, but they still get bored.  End up shutting them up with coke and sweets, which makes them absolutely hyper and a total mare on the way back.  Not too bad if we''ve had a good win, but not great if we lose.

[/quote]

tell u what i found good when i was a kid were these "choose ur own adventure" books... they are like a miniature game-novel if u like... u can read through it several times and choose a different path each time and come up with 5 or 6 possible endings... i loved them on long car journies! and i have yet to find a kid who doesnt like em! u can get a job lot cheap on Ebay...

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip.

when I were a lad the bright kids read Fighting Fantasy or Lone Wolf in the game novel genre...

...the choose your own adventure books were generally left to the remedial class....

Robert sees a ball, do you want him to...

a. Pick it up...go page 17

b. Hoof it long to the dwarf....go to page 23

c. Toss a coin...go to page 99

I''m 18 and I''ve been since January 2000.

First game was Fulham away in the 00/01 season. Not sure what''s the best game I''ve seen in 6 years as a City supporter.

[quote user="Reading_canary Rob"]

I''m 18 and I''ve been since January 2000.

First game was Fulham away in the 00/01 season. Not sure what''s the best game I''ve seen in 6 years as a City supporter.

[/quote]

youve been 18 for a while boy! [:P]

16, and have been following the Canaries for as long as i can remember! But for some reason i also have a soft spot for Watford, dont know why!!

30.  My first game was in the early 80''s against Man City, I remember the score being 2-2, but probably spend most of the game looking around the ground and not paying attention!

In ''84 I was a Mascot vs Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd round replay, we won 2-1, and the things which I can really remember were being greeted by this ginger haired bloke I didn''t recognised, but still shoved my autograph book in front on him - turned out to be Peter Mendham, being b*ll*cked for not having clean football boots by someone from the club and scoring against Chris Woods.

46 and so is Gazzathegreat. Don''t know about Gazza but my 1st game was 72-73 I think against West Ham, was hooked after that 1st game. Hated the scum for over 30 years now!

couldnt resist joining in for some reason... im 20, been supporting norwich for 11 years, first game was a one nil win over derby...ah the good ole days when we won matches....

Missed my post for some reason.......

50 and addicted since early 1970

Curious that for all the stereotyping of teenage mischief makers, most contributors seem to be between 35 and 50!!

[quote user="Silver Canary"]15 and 3/4[/quote]

awww and 3/4 counting down the days??? bless

26. Had a season ticket for 3 years starting with the European Adventure, and ending in the Endsleigh league. I suppose it was always going to be downhill from there.

Now live in London but I go whenever possible. I usually average 1 in 3 home games and the away games around London.