So some on here think our squad is worth 70 million quid? Really? How the hell do people come to that conclusion?

Only ones of any real value are Sara, Rowe, Sargent and possibly Gunn, maybe worth a combined total of 35 million possibly, which leaves the rest of the dross, looking nowhere near valued at 35 million! 

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because that’s so accurate isn’t it 🤣🤣

It rates Rowe at 500K and Springett close behind him at 350K so how ridiculous is that ?

23 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because that’s so accurate isn’t it 🤣🤣

If you have a source of better estimates of current squad values, by all means share.

Ultimately, they can only ever be estimates, since the value of any player is whatever somone's willing to pay when they're actually sold, but you can be reasonably confident that it'll not be orders of magnitude out. Certainly not enough to realise that the Leeds squad is worth vastly more than ours.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

7 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So some on here think our squad is worth 70 million quid? Really? How the hell do people come to that conclusion?

Only ones of any real value are Sara, Rowe, Sargent and possibly Gunn, maybe worth a combined total of 35 million possibly, which leaves the rest of the dross, looking nowhere near valued at 35 million! 

If we sold Sara, Rowe, Sargent and Gunn for a combined total of £35m, there'd be absolute carnage on here, criticising Webber for underselling.

Webber has generally done a very good job at selling for top dollar, so I'd say at least £50m for those four. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we sold Sara, Rowe, Sargent and Gunn for a combined total of £35m, there'd be absolute carnage on here, criticising Webber for underselling.

Webber has generally done a very good job at selling for top dollar, so I'd say at least £50m for those four. 

Wow really? No way are they worth 50 million combined

41 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Sargent £10-£12m

Gunn £8m

Rowe £12m

Sara £15-£18m

My guesstimate 

Gunn £8m? That’s optimistic by around £6m. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

IMO Sara (£25m), Rowe (£15m), Sargent (£20m), Gunn (£10m). That's £70m right there.

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow really? No way are they worth 50 million combined

If we sold Sara and Rowe for less than £15m each, Sargent for less than £10m and Gunn for less than £5m, so £45m combined, there'd be complaints on here from everyone (except @hogesar 😉) that we'd undersold them. 

In today's market, I'd say Sara and Rowe are probably both £15-20m, Sargent £10-12m and Gunn around £5-7m. So as a whole, we're looking at about £50-55m.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If you have a source of better estimates of current squad values, by all means share.

Ultimately, they can only ever be estimates, since the value of any player is whatever somone's willing to pay when they're actually sold, but you can be reasonably confident that it'll not be orders of magnitude out. Certainly not enough to realise that the Leeds squad is worth vastly more than ours.

I will have ago . Sara , 20 million plus add ons . Rowe 10 million,  plus add ons. Sargent  10 million if he comes back fit. Gunn 5 million . Probably 10 million for anything left which a club would buy. So 55 million.  If we sold them all it would be undisclosed and they can have my season ticket. 

• Like 1

Realistically I think Sara and Rowe are the only ones who could bring value. Gunn and Sargent are both good but their value to us will be much greater than most teams would be willing to pay I think. Maybe a lower PL side will go for it but then I think you have a situation similar to Omo and Aarons in the summer where you're not getting the value you should. Ultimately these are the players who we need to be building around, instead of trying to ship off at the first opportunity.

Sara I think could go for 20 million easily, Rowe I think we should look for 15 as a starting point but that could go way higher if he continues on like he has done to start the year. These two would be great to keep but it's more likely they outgrow us than anyone else in the squad.

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we sold Sara and Rowe for less than £15m each, Sargent for less than £10m and Gunn for less than £5m, so £45m combined, there'd be complaints on here from everyone (except @hogesar 😉) that we'd undersold them. 

In today's market, I'd say Sara and Rowe are probably both £15-20m, Sargent £10-12m and Gunn around £5-7m. So as a whole, we're looking at about £50-55m.

Unfortunately just like the big Andy sale , we don't hold the cards anymore ,end of this season we will need another 20 million to pay for next season,  unless the Americans step in . 

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Rowe has played first team football for less than three months on a regular basis, he’s hardly worth big money on that basis. 

I'm really not sure where people get their values for Gunn from.

Obviously a player is only worth what a team will pay for them and nobody in the Championship is forking out £8m odd for a keeper and he's not good enough to convince a Premier League team they want to pay for him to be their starter, especially when you consider how poor he was at Southampton. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm really not sure where people get their values for Gunn from.

Obviously a player is only worth what a team will pay for them and nobody in the Championship is forking out £8m odd for a keeper and he's not good enough to convince a Premier League team they want to pay for him to be their starter, especially when you consider how poor he was at Southampton. 

This goes with my post on another thread about Gunn being overrated - both in terms of his playing ability and the wild figures people come up with for his value. 

There's no way anyone is paying more than £2m for a bang average keeper like Gunn, who seriously flopped at Premier League level and who has barely played 100 games at his age. He has no future sale value and will probably end his career here at nice little Norwich City who seem to feel it's their duty to give the guy a career. Ditto Idah. 

13 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

This goes with my post on another thread about Gunn being overrated - both in terms of his playing ability and the wild figures people come up with for his value. 

There's no way anyone is paying more than £2m for a bang average keeper like Gunn, who seriously flopped at Premier League level and who has barely played 100 games at his age. He has no future sale value and will probably end his career here at nice little Norwich City who seem to feel it's their duty to give the guy a career. Ditto Idah. 

I wouldn't go that far but I just don't see a market where someone is forking out big money for him.

I imagine in about 3 or 4 years he'll either still be a Championship keeper, or 3rd choice at a Champions League team to push the homegrown contingent.

All about opinions but personally I think Gunn is being under rated by many on here and we will miss him greatly if he's injured for any length of time. He didn't take the jersey from Krul for doing nothing. 

On top of that he seems to have accredited himself well with the Scotland team and will soon have a Euro's to his name. Not that he's worth meggabucks but I don't think £5m is that far out. 

• Like 1

I saw a reference recently suggesting that Sara was in line to become a £40m player and I'm sure it was PinkUn reporting.

Quite frankly after Saturday alone I might just concur with this view, whilst being fully aware of every fan's tendency to over-value their own and also the fact that we all bandy about millions these days as a matter of course.

Jonny Rowe is not the finished product yet by far but I hope that, as was the case with Omo, he does not need to be sold prematurely.

The Sarge who was initially hammered on this forum and was once considered a total waste of money will now have achieved enough to have increased in value. We might be surprised at some of the offers we get for him. The only positive from his injury is that these won't come in January.

Is there anybody else worth a light at the moment? Surely for no more than we dished out at least, even Nunez and young Gibbs.

I would prefer that Stuart Webber had no more say whatsoever in any future sales or acquisitions and consider it an anomaly from sound management that he still might. Assisting in a smooth handover? My a-rse! He should go the day before Ben Knapper  places his backside on the hot seat as his continued presence at Carrow Road is likely to do more harm than good. 

I suppose this gamble on ageing, experienced freebies might still work, but it has become a long shot. The outcome of such a failure will be an unsustainable list of over aged pros,  probably on more than decent wages, who will be hard to remove from the payroll. We will now need the academy to bear fruit  more than ever just to sustain this because the single justification for the Summer's business in the first was surely to get funded by a promotion and so maintaining the yo-yo cycle. Otherwise it goes against the grain of the club's stated self-funding model and  continued relatively large academy outlay. 

What a masterstroke of limited thinking and forward planning seems to have unfolded before our very eyes.. The new D of F will inherit all this. The last thing he needs is guidance from the individual who is mainly responsible for causing the present mess, which begins with the current management team.

I digress from the topic. Or do I? The reason we are concerned with player values and that these appear limited is surely down to the fact that the club has been bled dry by far too many p-iss poor decisions in the first place. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

22 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

All about opinions but personally I think Gunn is being under rated by many on here and we will miss him greatly if he's injured for any length of time. He didn't take the jersey from Krul for doing nothing. 

On top of that he seems to have accredited himself well with the Scotland team and will soon have a Euro's to his name. Not that he's worth meggabucks but I don't think £5m is that far out. 

I don't think he's bad. But I'm struggling to think of a club paying £5m+ for a 27 year old Championship keeper with a poor Premier League track record. Nick Pope who is an England international only fetched just over £10m and he was a proven player in the top flight.