Sign in to follow this  
daz

Rowe to palace / villa?

And we can monitor Messi. Does that mean we are buying him? Unless they pay up they're not getting him.

And yes, I know we probably will sell him at some point and the club are thinking about cashing in soon as the value is high given how we did keep Cantwell and Aarons too long but still

I should imagine, given his form this year, his agent will be working very hard to get him a new contract so a lot of ‘interest’ is bound to hit the press. Think I read he was on 5K per week so that’s a big factor. 

I saw the other thread and thought it was a joke thread. Are we not supposed to get a few seasons at least out of our youth developments before we sell them on. Of course Norwich will be well known as being a place for good youngsters for a decent price so it's not surprised he's being montoried. Tbh in this day and age the great A.I. in the sky will be monitoring every player.

• Like 1

Limited player, I’d sell whilst ‘future potential’ can inflate fee. 

I’m sure many will disagree though, which I get. He’s goal scoring is great.. I just feel he has w lot more to add to his game and no guarantee he’ll be able to do it.

The question is why he would want to leave our well run club?  Is he not happy with the football under Wagner as much as the fans?  And why wasn't he given a longer term contract when he looked so promising before this season?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Limited player, I’d sell whilst ‘future potential’ can inflate fee. 

I’m sure many will disagree though, which I get. He’s goal scoring is great.. I just feel he has w lot more to add to his game and no guarantee he’ll be able to do it.

I would like to see him tried upfront ,

his finishing is so good i think he would do well ,

if he scores 15/20 goals this season and being English his fee with his potential his fee should be north of 30 million 

Just now, pete said:

The question is why he would want to leave our well run club?  Is he not happy with the football under Wagner as much as the fans?  And why wasn't he given a longer term contract when he looked so promising before this season?

if he is on 5k a week there will be thousands of reasons he might leave a PL team will give him 30/40 k a week without blinking 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Truth is we don't know what's been going on behind the scenes. The club says they're happy with his contract. At £5k a week I suspect JR will be looking for a pay rise pretty sharpish.

He won't be cheap though, but that doesn't normally stop a determined suitor.

So much goes on without supporters knowing about it. So he's on £5k a week at 20 - that's £250,000 a year, and yet everyone goes, "Oh, is that all?" He's got 18 months left on his deal apparently plus the club has an option, so this contract lasts for another two and a half years until he can walk for free.

He's played a handful of games. He has yet to perform well for a complete game of 90 minutes; he's had a number of good 30 minutes at a time but still can't last a game. Who knows where he'll be in two and a half years time? It makes perfect sense that the club would wait and see.

Rumour is that an agent will always ask for a release clause in a new contract at this stage. So does he gets his new 3 or 4 year deal at £15k a week, a promotion bonus and a decent release, or do we as the club sit tight for a few months to see where he goes?

The club hold all the cards at the moment. If Palace or Villa come in with £20m in January they can have him. But they won't. If Rowe finishes the season with 20 goals and 10 assists he'll get his new contract, or we'll get our £20m, or both. 

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

So much goes on without supporters knowing about it. So he's on £5k a week at 20 - that's £250,000 a year, and yet everyone goes, "Oh, is that all?" He's got 18 months left on his deal apparently plus the club has an option, so this contract lasts for another two and a half years until he can walk for free.

He's played a handful of games. He has yet to perform well for a complete game of 90 minutes; he's had a number of good 30 minutes at a time but still can't last a game. Who knows where he'll be in two and a half years time? It makes perfect sense that the club would wait and see.

Rumour is that an agent will always ask for a release clause in a new contract at this stage. So does he gets his new 3 or 4 year deal at £15k a week, a promotion bonus and a decent release, or do we as the club sit tight for a few months to see where he goes?

The club hold all the cards at the moment. If Palace or Villa come in with £20m in January they can have him. But they won't. If Rowe finishes the season with 20 goals and 10 assists he'll get his new contract, or we'll get our £20m, or both. 

He was still looking the best player on the pitch against Coventry when he was taken off , he was the only out ball we had. We defended for the win and were lucky not to lose. 

I'm glad to hear he's got lots to improve, but lets be honest. He's doing exactly what we need our midfield should be doing and that's helping out with goals. Sets an example for the forwards as well.

• Like 2

It’s inevitable he will go if he keeps getting the goals , we cannot hold onto our stars , big money and the chance to play in the premier league is too much of a temptation, don’t blame them it’s just the way things are especially when we are likely to finish mid table 

20 hours ago, sgncfc said:

The option stuff is interesting- it wasn't mentioned on the announcement of his new deal but various papers seem to say it exists. If that is the case then it certainly strengthens our hand a fair bit. 

• Like 1

I think the club he potentially goes to is pointless to speculate at this stage. I would say he will hopefully sign a new contract and then in the future come the summer/January we will review any big offers which come in. I hope Knapper can make the most out of his Arsenal connections and acquire some decent youngsters/loan additions to help us push on.

20 hours ago, sgncfc said:

i do not see it as only 5k a week but the boy is out performing players on 4 ,5 times that ,

so yes i would be happy being Rowes ages on 250k a year but also i would be upset i am out shining players on more so would want the same ,

Rowe is doing better than some of the higher paid players so should be paid more because if we don't give it to him someone else will 

• Like 2