Sign in to follow this  
skittles

This pathetic Love in for Farke

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Lamberts was more unexpected IMO, definitely seems a lot of recency bias with Farke. They were great seasons but personally I enjoyed the Lambert wild upward ride at the time more, he just really soured everything by being a bit of a ****.

The greatest trick Webber has achieved is convincing so many people we hadn’t achieved much recently before his arrival despite the glaringly obvious factual evidence to the contrary.

Totally agree with Webber.  I think we expected to go up from league one but the rest was great and staying there. We bought different types of players then, who would suit the prem. Farke just seemed to bring the club together more , but maybe some of that is to do with it being still so recent.  

1 hour ago, skittles said:

If you want to throw insults about me and my family around I suggest you Pm as you want to get personal it seems. 

Hard-laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dont get your knickers in a twist. You perhaps should have thought about the emotion the thread title let alone the contents would generate before you went acting like a bell end. 
THEN you go keyboard warrior and start calling people out because you dont like the fact they tell you to sit down shut up.

Go fetch your big boy pants and try to find some enjoyment.
(Was it you having a teary melt down on CC yesterday? That sh*t was embarrassing) 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

When farke left the club any class we had went with him. Unfortunately Webber was given a free role by the owners so they have to take a share of the blame. Webber takes credit upto the day he sacked Farke so poorly,  it was their plan and their vision,  he should of resigned and excepted if farke had failed he had. Since that day we have no plan , no forward vision, we are digging a hole deeper and deeper.  We have been spun lies on our financial position for the last 2 years , the club spins things and webbers outbursts to me were deliberate to distract from the truth.  Delia doesn't want to hand over to the wrong people, unfortunately she should of been told 2 years ago they had all become the wrong people. All their morals and class went the night they sacked Farke.  

Right on.
Feels empty doesn't it. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

I tell you what, some fans are proper Sado-masochistic (I believe this is the correct term)

It’s been mentioned before, especially during the premier league days but some fans… Jesus. Let me explain.

So we’ve gone ahead and lost. It’s a guttering game and experience. My reaction is I’ve had enough and I’m off. It’s an experience that happened and I’m done with (I left yesterday at the final whistle and didn’t look back)

but some fans hung around to watch the team. Some to Clap!? Some to watch our highly regarded manager who now manages someone else and has shown us up at home clap said other team!? Then they’ll go home and watch the highlight!!!? (Yes, go and watch it AGAIN) at which point I can only assume they have to get the nipple clamps out to make it even more weirdly painful.

What is this all about. Can somebody explain? Can somebody explain to me the fan that watches us get pumped 7-0 in the premier league and then GOES HOME AND STAYS UP TO WATCH IT AGAIN ON MATCH OF THE DAY TO MOAN ABOUT WHAT GARY LINEKAR SAYS ABOUT US??!

The fans that stay for the lap of honour after we’ve completely embarrassed ourselves. Please tel me what this instinct is. It has to be Sado-masochistic.

Are these the people that slow down at car crashes? 

29 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:
1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

When farke left the club any class we had went with him. Unfortunately Webber was given a free role by the owners so they have to take a share of the blame. Webber takes credit upto the day he sacked Farke so poorly,  it was their plan and their vision,  he should of resigned and excepted if farke had failed he had. Since that day we have no plan , no forward vision, we are digging a hole deeper and deeper.  We have been spun lies on our financial position for the last 2 years , the club spins things and webbers outbursts to me were deliberate to distract from the truth.  Delia doesn't want to hand over to the wrong people, unfortunately she should of been told 2 years ago they had all become the wrong people. All their morals and class went the night they sacked Farke.  

Right on.
Feels empty doesn't it. 

Yes, it's hard to put in words, but that is how I have felt since the day Webber was allowed to sack Farke. Smith was never going to cut the mustard - and a lot of us knew it - and it's only afterwards that Webber said something about how Smith wasn't the right kind of manager for the fans.....but he should have known - that's his job - and Wagner isn't in the same league as Farke as far as class is concerned (imo). 

The Premier League is the problem, not Farke, not Alex Neil, not even Chris Hughton. Clubs are prostituting themselves to try and stay in the PL - and our club - that is supposed to have it's feet on the ground now and be sustainable - keeps shooting itself in the foot by sacking people.  Yeeessss, I know that's how football works......but if you stick with the right person, despite the f***ing Premier League,  you will at least keep your soul.  Farke was the one man out of those three we should have done everything to hold on to - and we appeared we had, by giving him a four year contract  then sacked him when the going was tough.

His charismatic aura is now at another club - and boy didn't we see it in action yesterday, on and off the pitch - and the Leeds fans absolutely love him - even more after yesterday, when they saw how classy he was towards us after the match.

Some people don't get it, they just see another manager sacked because results were bad, but real leaders, with real charisma are hard to find - and in Farke, we had the best available.  Time will tell if he can do it at the top level with the right resources behind him, but if Leeds have got any sense they will tie him up to the longest contract they can.

Webber threw him under the bus when he should have held his nerve and supported him.  there are more important things than staying in the PL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

He's a lovely bloke. One reason he and his squad deserve more credit for a great comeback in a pretty clean game yesterday than our squad and manager deserve pillorying for losing after leading by two goals, in my opinion.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He's a lovely bloke. One reason he and his squad deserve more credit for a great comeback in a pretty clean game yesterday than our squad and manager deserve pillorying for losing after leading by two goals, in my opinion.

He’s a decent fella, but most of this rubbish being spouted goes way over the top. It’s quite bizarre. Some seem to have become Farke supporters rather than Norwich supporters, and were probably happy with us losing.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I stayed a while after full-time to applaud him and give my thanks to Daniel....as I wasn't able to do so since his departure from the club....

The Directionless box emptied rather quickly like someone had dropped a sharp stinkin' sulphur addled eggy fart - and they were all comically scramblin' to a cleaner air sanctuary....and I think Stu was first out the blocks....

You can't help but like/feel an infinity for a person who engaged the fans. Made the club feel like a whole again. Was he a great manager? No, but a nice guy? Probably.....

4 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

You can't help but like/feel an infinity for a person who engaged the fans. Made the club feel like a whole again. Was he a great manager? No, but a nice guy? Probably.....

Does it go on forever, though?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Does it go on forever, though?

Hopefully until the club feels like one again......new manager, new ethos. No Webber! 

7 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

We need to judge Farke when and if he manages in the PL with Leeds. They would back him financially but we never did. 

35 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I stayed a while after full-time to applaud him and give my thanks to Daniel....as I wasn't able to do so since his departure from the club....

The Directionless box emptied rather quickly like someone had dropped a sharp stinkin' sulphur addled eggy fart - and they were all comically scramblin' to a cleaner air sanctuary....and I think Stu was first out the blocks....

As did I. I'm usually out the blocks to get to the pub but lingered to show my appreciation. 

I just wanted our players to get the hell off the pitch sharpish and not spoil it. Barstards took forever.

Nice moment when Farke refused to do his Ole thing with the Leeds fans in our gaff.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it's hard to put in words, but that is how I have felt since the day Webber was allowed to sack Farke. Smith was never going to cut the mustard - and a lot of us knew it - and it's only afterwards that Webber said something about how Smith wasn't the right kind of manager for the fans.....but he should have known - that's his job - and Wagner isn't in the same league as Farke as far as class is concerned (imo). 

The Premier League is the problem, not Farke, not Alex Neil, not even Chris Hughton. Clubs are prostituting themselves to try and stay in the PL - and our club - that is supposed to have it's feet on the ground now and be sustainable - keeps shooting itself in the foot by sacking people.  Yeeessss, I know that's how football works......but if you stick with the right person, despite the f***ing Premier League,  you will at least keep your soul.  Farke was the one man out of those three we should have done everything to hold on to - and we appeared we had, by giving him a four year contract  then sacked him when the going was tough.

His charismatic aura is now at another club - and boy didn't we see it in action yesterday, on and off the pitch - and the Leeds fans absolutely love him - even more after yesterday, when they saw how classy he was towards us after the match.

Some people don't get it, they just see another manager sacked because results were bad, but real leaders, with real charisma are hard to find - and in Farke, we had the best available.  Time will tell if he can do it at the top level with the right resources behind him, but if Leeds have got any sense they will tie him up to the longest contract they can.

Webber threw him under the bus when he should have held his nerve and supported him.  there are more important things than staying in the PL.

This. Unfortunately some "supporters" think that individual results are the only thing that matters and as soon as you have a Board or a SD who thinks that then a club like Norwich will never find itself. Before everyone shouts me down - it's about performances, commitment, heart and soul. That's what football is. That's why we played it and that's why we watch it. It's about going with your family or your mates. It's about the highs and the lows - not just the always the same (supporting Man City must be really boring!)

Yesterday was classic Wagner Norwich City. Lucky to be 2-0 up at half time, having played OK but conceded several big chances Leeds didn't take, we were then completely in control until our manager, for reasons known only to him, replaces Hernandez (our out ball down the left side who had played well and terrified one of their star players all game) with Tony Springett, who swaps wings with a clearly knackered John Rowe.

I don't know why Rowe can't see out a game fitness wise, I just know he can't. I also know Springett is not the player to bring on in that situation. If Hernandez needed changing it should have been for Placheta - another speed merchant to match theirs,and their tactical switch, and much more defensively adept. Within seconds our substitute keeper (not good enough for Millwall, but fine for our supposedly aspirational club) makes a horlicks at his near post. It happens. But we're still winning until we contrive to give their best player two of the easiest goals he'll ever get. The first was a decent shot that no one closed down, the second was just5 a gimme. Our keeper didn't get within 3 yards of either. No pressure, no strategy, no on field captain screaming at his absent covering midfielders, no sprinting, no teamwork etc. We then spent almost 15 minutes passing it to anyone not in the same colour shirt.

For 60 minutes they were our team. For the next 30, instigated by a manager who is tactically clueless (but we've had loads of them before) they were the embodiment of embarrassment. It hurt a bit more that it was a tactical change by the man we dumped that we couldn't deal with.

There are lots of reasons why we lost yesterday but the main one was the manager, not the players. It should have been a good day - he made it a bad one. All that commitment, heart and soul disappeared. All that belief gone. When we had Webber and Farke as a team, we never lost that, even in defeat. There was always the promise that if we stuck to our ways it would all be OK. Not any more. What it will be is average at best. That's why it all feels so depressing; there's very little to hope for beyond trying to stay within 10 points of 6th place until Barnes and Sargent come back.

Our new young SD has the chance to start again. Bring in a young, hungry manager to work with, tell the supporters what the plan is and to be patient. Keep Sara and Rowe. Get rid of Hwang and Idah. Play the lad from Man City up front or recall Kamara. A new beginning. Wagner, Andy Hughes at al should be gone by Christmas. They are safe mid-table. We need hope and laughter again.

And by the way, what does Danny Baath need to do to get a game?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Post of the year Lakey, 

33 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Hopefully until the club feels like one again......new manager, new ethos. No Webber! 

Thats the hope right?

My fear is the footballing cycle is firmly turning and we have to sit mid table while we watch Ip5w1ch go up and become the darlings of the media. Id rather vomit in my own mouth and swallow it again than endure that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Right on.
Feels empty doesn't it. 

Totally,  maybe a young manager fixes it , but Webber needs to go quick.  

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s a decent fella, but most of this rubbish being spouted goes way over the top. It’s quite bizarre. Some seem to have become Farke supporters rather than Norwich supporters, and were probably happy with us losing.

No one was happy with losing,  where has anyone said that? The problem with social media.  

Just now, Sufyellow said:

No one was happy with losing,  where has anyone said that? The problem with social media.  

You seem to have a thing about social media. Other than being on here, I haven’t ever used it, have/do you? I can only take my comments from what’s been said on here.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Post of the year Lakey, 

I think keeping your soul was the big thing for a lot of fans.  We did things the right way , we did the best we could as a self funding club, most fans knew getting to the prem was the part to enjoy because we couldn't compete when there. Sacking farke changed the whole feeling, some fans thought we were a prem club even though our budget was championship.  Webber should never went along with it , he knew what he signed , 8 million pound players for the future , not to hit the ground running against Premier league teams.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You seem to have a thing about social media. Other than being on here, I haven’t ever used it, have/do you? I can only take my comments from what’s been said on here.

So you just totally made up that you thought fans were happy to lose ? Where did you gauge that feeling from .

9 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

So you just totally made up that you thought fans were happy to lose ? Where did you gauge that feeling from .

No.  You do rather like to make assumptions.  As I said, it was from comments made on here.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

No.  You do rather like to make assumptions.  As I said, it was from comments made on here.

Who said they would be happy to lose, it seems like bad judgement from you . I am a total Farke fan , thought it was a disgrace to sack him how we did . I can't stand Webber.  I went yesterday like many others to thank him for what he achieved for a mid championship club. Am I a Farke fan yes , he has more class than anyone left at this club which is a mess . Did I want him to win , definitely not. That would be the same for anyone who supported Farke on here. The miss management will come to an end one day and hopefully we can move on. 

5 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

I think keeping your soul was the big thing for a lot of fans.  We did things the right way , we did the best we could as a self funding club, most fans knew getting to the prem was the part to enjoy because we couldn't compete when there. Sacking farke changed the whole feeling, some fans thought we were a prem club even though our budget was championship.  Webber should never went along with it , he knew what he signed , 8 million pound players for the future , not to hit the ground running against Premier league teams.  

For many weeks before Farke was sacked there was tangible discontent at the fact we were likely going down again and many were insisting that was not acceptable. The fact they weren't prepared to accept it meant the club only had one tool at its disposal to try and turn the season, which was to give in to the fans who wanted a change of manager.

The club sacked Farke. Any of those fans who wanted him gone and aren't happy with the outcome need to chalk it up to experience and move on, and any of those fans like me need to be a bit fairer on the club administration and recognise that the club can't just ignore a large section of fans who refuse to shut up and accept things for what they are.

Fact is though, I think it's very unlikely that Farke would have been sacked without the vocal group of fans demanding that he had to be sacked for a chance to stay up. And, to be fair, it is the only change you can make part way through a season if you want to try and change a course from one of certain failure, which is what we were on at the time.

So everyone's said goodbye to Farke now. It was nice to see him at Carrow Road. Now move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

For many weeks before Farke was sacked there was tangible discontent at the fact we were likely going down again and many were insisting that was not acceptable. The fact they weren't prepared to accept it meant the club only had one tool at its disposal to try and turn the season, which was to give in to the fans who wanted a change of manager.

The club sacked Farke. Any of those fans who wanted him gone and aren't happy with the outcome need to chalk it up to experience and move on, and any of those fans like me need to be a bit fairer on the club administration and recognise that the club can't just ignore a large section of fans who refuse to shut up and accept things for what they are.

Fact is though, I think it's very unlikely that Farke would have been sacked without the vocal group of fans demanding that he had to be sacked for a chance to stay up. And, to be fair, it is the only change you can make part way through a season if you want to try and change a course from one of certain failure, which is what we were on at the time.

So everyone's said goodbye to Farke now. It was nice to see him at Carrow Road. Now move on.

We have had alot more vocal fan base wanting Webber gone   but he leaves on his terms   so what is the difference? For the vocal fans on social media who wanted farke gone , then I hope they aren't moaning now , because this is what they ended up with. As I keep saying we were a championship club in the prem,  if our fans thought differently then they were wrong.  

8 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

We have had alot more vocal fan base wanting Webber gone   but he leaves on his terms   so what is the difference? For the vocal fans on social media who wanted farke gone , then I hope they aren't moaning now , because this is what they ended up with. As I keep saying we were a championship club in the prem,  if our fans thought differently then they were wrong.  

No idea, but personally I think the value of Directors of Football/Sporting Directors is a layer of consistency in club administration behind the training and what goes on on the pitch with the inevitable changes of manager that fans will inevitably demand if things aren't going well.

A lot of fans clearly understand the football itself very well and it's fair enough that they might have opinions about what goes on on the pitch, but we have no clue at all about what happens behind the scenes in the week, the details of how transfer negotiations play out, who we try to get, and why we don't get them if they never come. All of that is stuff that can't be transparent because it has to be confidential because we compete with other clubs in the transfer market.

So we simply don't know enough to make reasonable judgements on whether Webber should be running the club. The board and club have been okay with him, but he's on his way soon; that's all we need to know. Beyond that, it's all just pointless speculation.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Perfectly put. There will be others who don’t feel the same, but we lost more than a manager when we lost Farke. For me, we passed up a once-in-a-generation opportunity to build something meaningful, something that went beyond results. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1985 and I’ve never felt as proud of the club and what it seemed to stand for as I did during the Farke era. I loved Stringer, Walker, Lambert and the success they brought and the football they played, but Farke was a different prospect altogether - a philosopher manager who understood that the meaning of football lies beyond results and trophies and has to do with community and togetherness and respect. And he showed that in bucketloads after the game yesterday. Plenty will laugh at that, but if football for you is Manchester City and Newcastle and dodgy money from here there and everywhere, then you can have it. That’s not sport; it’s barely even a competition. We lost an absolute diamond when we lost Farke, and I don’t expect to see his like here again. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I don’t blame Webber for sacking him. I blame him for putting us in the position that he had to.

Farke wasn’t going to survive 36 games of that.

He also wasn’t completely blameless, he took his contract and bought into the **** plan of that summer. 

I assume he’s learnt a lot from the experience, might be part of the reason Gnonto is still there.

• Like 1