The reason our team is failing as we have no protection for the back four. The back four can only defend so far, they need protection. Kenny has never been good enough as a DM. Sara is an excellent player but needs to play further up the pitch. 
The forward line has the inability to hold the ball up to take the pressure off the back four since Sargent and Barnes got injured.

Fitness - our players seem to be exhausted after about 70 mins hence the constant second half onslaughts recently. I thought we were going to be the fittest team in the league? 
We have a lot of problems that need fixing quickly or we’re in for a lower half finish this season. 

• Like 1

In the last deacde it feels like we have said this same thing over and over and yet only ever had Tettey and Skipp.

It really is baffling how nobody at this club seems to think a natural defensive midfielder is needed

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In the last deacde it feels like we have said this same thing over and over and yet only ever had Tettey and Skipp.

It really is baffling how nobody at this club seems to think a natural defensive midfielder is needed

we need a Gary "three lungs " holt 

• Like 1

There is a well known poster on this forum who got extremely irritated whenever a proper CDM was mentioned. Proponents of said role were arrogantly dismissed via personal insults. Nice to see that guy being proved hopelessly wrong with every passing match.

• Like 4

Oh god, all this CDM talk is just inviting another lecture from the geniuses who said we don’t need one as Wagnerball doesn’t require it - as we are all seeing. Right!? 

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I was reliably informed in the summer by those on here we didn't need a CDM.....

Although it is received opinion on here our problem is not really the lack of a CDM.

Forshaw sitting in front of the back four with McLean & Sara would be our current best midfield option. Ideally need to loan in a DM in the Jan window. Hopefully Knapper will have a few options from his old place. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

Forshaw sitting in front of the back four with McLean & Sara would be our current best midfield option. Ideally need to loan in a DM in the Jan window. Hopefully Knapper will have a few options from his old place. 

We have that South American player Lima as well don’t we? 

11 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

When Forshaw had his chance at Swansea he was pretty much our least effective player.

2 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Yes along with Lungi, but Lungi is inconsistent and injury prone. 

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

When Forshaw had his chance at Swansea he was pretty much our least effective player.

If you say so. Personally, I think we lost the game due to taking Forshaw off and dropping Sara deeper. Sara is average/poor defensively. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Is he a CDM? I saw him for part of one u21 game and he was very skilful and tenacious but still a bit lightweight 

59 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

I think the same although I would have Gibbs and Sara together and a forward 3 , hence 4-1-2-3. The outside forwards dropping back to support the full backs making it 4-3-2-1 ( ye old Xmas tree) It would be solid.

A few set-piece goals would be nice as well.

Forshaw should have been brought on for Gibbs yesterday and Sara moved up. Quite simple really.

• Like 2

How much should we sacrifice to protect the back four? Trouble is, our full backs get so far forward, we get exposed out wide. And the CBs don't know whether to go out or stick in the middle. And confusion often reigns.

Most teams only play one up front and I don't subscribe you need two hulks. One and another player who is quick and can cover.

17 minutes ago, daisy said:

Forshaw should have been brought on for Gibbs yesterday and Sara moved up. Quite simple really.

How many times and how many fans have been saying this??. Problem is we have a 'simple' manager (and that's a polite description).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Oh pointy midfielder, oh pointy, pointy. Anoint my head, anointy, nointy.....

" I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me, girl you just don't realize, what you do to me "