Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Go Saudi Arabia 2034!

Oh, FFS, Saudi Arape-ia??? We already had one fourth-rate sh*thole with Third World attitudes towards women and LGBTQ+ sorts, a second-rate national team with First World wealth hosting our main footballing jamboree. That's an error we really should NOT be in a hurry to repeat.

EDIT: Sod it, this parody of their national anthem can go in for the giggles.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Oh, FFS, Saudi Arape-ia??? We already had one fourth-rate sh*thole with Third World attitudes towards women and LGBTQ+ sorts, a second-rate national team with First World wealth hosting our main footballing jamboree. That's an error we really should NOT be in a hurry to repeat.

EDIT: Sod it, this parody of their national anthem can go in for the giggles.

I think the saddest part is we know full well Saudi Arabia will get a world cup hosting at some point.

Money talks. Just look at Henderson.

2 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

WTF has this to do with an NCFC forum aside from bumping up the OPs pointless post count

Its football news buddy. Calm down a bit and realise nobody cares but you. You're crying over posts on the Internet.

Get a hobby..  Although its still funny someone with a 'dont be cruel' pun in their name is often a pretty sarcastic and bitter old miser.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

China always wanted a World Cup, never happened.

Who knows if by 2034 Saudi Arabia will still be an oil rich nation or if the world is electric ( or at least heading that way ).

Will MA care if they come waving big money to him and his investors ? ,

i am pretty sure MWJ & Delia would not sell to them but in 3 year time MA might ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Will MA care if they come waving big money to him and his investors ? ,

i am pretty sure MWJ & Delia would not sell to them but in 3 year time MA might ? 

He might give ZW a payrise......now that would amuse me.

Can I just ask a simple question please? 

How many people on here have actually visited Saudi or any of the Gulf states for that matter?

As many of you know, I currently work out here in Oman, and have also worked in Saudi for a short while too, as well as Kuwait and Bahrain.

I have to say that so many of the people back home believe all the media Shiite about this area, when in truth, it’s nothing like what they portray, just like so much of the media stories.

i thoroughly enjoy living in this area and have to say they are some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in my lifetime. If people think this area is the only area with human rights issues you are very much mistaken, just look around Europe but nobody condemns those nations do they? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

China always wanted a World Cup, never happened.

Who knows if by 2034 Saudi Arabia will still be an oil rich nation or if the world is electric ( or at least heading that way ).

I suppose the difference is that Saudi Arabia is currently undergoing a major sport washing campaign to try and tidy up its image. Of course for anyone who's not blind it won't work

China on the other hand doesn't care what you think of them. They know they have concentration camps and re education centres and they know you know they do and they don't care.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

How many people on here have actually visited Saudi or any of the Gulf states for that matter?

As many of you know, I currently work out here in Oman, and have also worked in Saudi for a short while too, as well as Kuwait and Bahrain.

I have to say that so many of the people back home believe all the media Shiite about this area, when in truth, it’s nothing like what they portray, just like so much of the media stories.

i thoroughly enjoy living in this area and have to say they are some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in my lifetime. If people think this area is the only area with human rights issues you are very much mistaken, just look around Europe but nobody condemns those nations do they? 

What "media Shiite" (like the use of Shiite in there for such a Sunni place) would that be?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

What "media Shiite" (like the use of Shiite in there for such a Sunni place) would that be?

'People in North Korea smiled at me and were friendly to me when I was there on holiday so clearly its all lies and its really a great place' 

This is the kind of logic he's using

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The way the media dramatise every story to be more than it is. 

The culture here is different and if a certain crime is committed the culprits are dealt with accordingly, that’s how it is. The states puts people to death but there’s no uproar overseas when it happens is there? 

As for the same sex relationship in this area, it’s not as clear cut as the media make out at all.  It is frowned upon yes, and it’s when there are shows of affection in this way in public, which is also frowned upon in heterosexual relationships too. 

People need to understand the culture before condemning what they are told happens in this region, which a lot of the time is untrue. 

47 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'People in North Korea smiled at me and were friendly to me when I was there on holiday so clearly its all lies and its really a great place' 

This is the kind of logic he's using

And that comment shows how uneducated you are ffs! Maybe if you actually left your bedroom occasionally and sampled real life you would understand the real world, instead of being such an idiot all the time.

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

And that comment shows how uneducated you are ffs! Maybe if you actually left your bedroom occasionally and sampled real life you would understand the real world, instead of being such an idiot all the time.

That's right, ignore my comment and just call me dumb. That will win you arguments!

And on Friendly Friday too..

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The culture here is different and if a certain crime is committed the culprits are dealt with accordingly, that’s how it is. The states puts people to death but there’s no uproar overseas when it happens is there? 

As for the same sex relationship in this area, it’s not as clear cut as the media make out at all.  It is frowned upon yes, and it’s when there are shows of affection in this way in public, which is also frowned upon in heterosexual relationships too. 

People need to understand the culture before condemning what they are told happens in this region, which a lot of the time is untrue. 

Regarding the bit in bold, if people are put to death for absurd reasons, without due process, or even indeed the whole notion of a death penalty for many, then you'll find plenty of uproar.

As for the bit in italics, you're running the risk of contradicting yourself - you just admitted that it is frowned upon. There is no sensible reason whatsoever for same-sex relationships to be frowned upon. I do accept that in Dubai there have been people slapped up in court and jailed for shagging on the beach, which also strikes me as pretty ****-backwards (but I can see an argument that there's a degree of consistency of dislike even if it's clear that punishments are disproportionate for the homosexual community), and indeed I don't think the Saudis have thrown the death penalty at homosexuals for a bit, but that's an incredibly low bar and technically it's still a possibility just to be given the death penalty for being gay.

'We have no place': LGBTQ Saudis forced into exile (france24.com)

Your last point sounds fine, but misses a key point out. If another culture has backward norms but tries to protect them under the notion of culture, they're very much up for debate and being shown up as sub-standard.

But as far as I'm concerned, any country where you can be criminalised for a perfectly natural state of affairs, namely a homosexual, is a shiitehole. And we haven't even gone into their treatment of women, particularly under Islamic law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I suppose the difference is that Saudi Arabia is currently undergoing a major sport washing campaign to try and tidy up its image. Of course for anyone who's not blind it won't work

China on the other hand doesn't care what you think of them. They know they have concentration camps and re education centres and they know you know they do and they don't care.

That’s why China wanted it ?

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Regarding the bit in bold, if people are put to death for absurd reasons, without due process, or even indeed the whole notion of a death penalty for many, then you'll find plenty of uproar.

As for the bit in italics, you're running the risk of contradicting yourself - you just admitted that it is frowned upon. There is no sensible reason whatsoever for same-sex relationships to be frowned upon. I do accept that in Dubai there have been people slapped up in court and jailed for shagging on the beach, which also strikes me as pretty ****-backwards (but I can see an argument that there's a degree of consistency of dislike even if it's clear that punishments are disproportionate for the homosexual community), and indeed I don't think the Saudis have thrown the death penalty at homosexuals for a bit, but that's an incredibly low bar and technically it's still a possibility just to be given the death penalty for being gay.

'We have no place': LGBTQ Saudis forced into exile (france24.com)

Your last point sounds fine, but misses a key point out. If another culture has backward norms but tries to protect them under the notion of culture, they're very much up for debate and being shown up as sub-standard.

But as far as I'm concerned, any country where you can be criminalised for a perfectly natural state of affairs, namely a homosexual, is a shiitehole. And we haven't even gone into their treatment of women, particularly under Islamic law.

And don't forget another issue in Saudi Arabia which is the Kafala system which is pretty much slavery under any other name.

Don't worry though I'm sure that Bald will reply with something like

"Well your shoes and Iphone were made in china by children"

Its all rather predictable isnt it?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

He might give ZW a payrise......now that would amuse me.

I. Sure he'd give ZW one. 

Edited by City fan
Typo

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And don't forget another issue in Saudi Arabia which is the Kafala system which is pretty much slavery under any other name.

Don't worry though I'm sure that Bald will reply with something like

"Well your shoes and Iphone were made in china by children"

Its all rather predictable isnt it?

Kafala is very much a Middle Eastern problem, not just the Saudis. Qatar had its WC stadia built largely on the back of it - and let's face it, there was no shortage of uproar on that over the years too.

What Is the Kafala System? | Council on Foreign Relations (cfr.org)

Which is another jolly good reason not to support a Saudi WC bid.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I understand. You live there and can tell us from experience. I am sure you are correct. What annoys me most is that there is no history of football at a World Cup level in Saudi Arabia. Did Qatar really deserve it on a football basis? Will Saudi Arabia be such a football power in 2034? It takes decades if not centuries to build a decent platform to warrant recognition. Is there any reason Saudi should get it over England?

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I wouldn’t waste your time, why would you know more about the culture and ways of life in the Middle East, than someone who gobbles up whatever propaganda the media in the UK provides?!

It’s probably the same people who queued up for the vaccine and are now catching Covid…lucky that they changed the definition of ‘vaccine’ in 2022.

Edited by zema abbey football genius
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I wouldn’t waste your time, why would you know more about the culture and ways of life in the Middle East, than someone who gobbles up whatever propaganda the media in the UK provides?!

It’s probably the same people who queued up for the vaccine and are now catching Covid…lucky that they changed the definition of ‘vaccine’ in 2022.

Oh god here they come. You just know things will get fun anytime anyone starts going on a covid or vaccines rant

How did you type that missing both hands?  Stick on the forehead?

I've been to most of the gulf states  and most have been pretty terrible once you look past the surface.

13 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Clearly you don’t understand the vaccines and what they do. Feel free to show me where it was ever said the vaccines would stop you catching covid, by any serious scientist. Those over 80 now survive covid in the main, whereas before the vaccines it wasn’t likely you would. 

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Clearly you don’t understand the vaccines and what they do. Feel free to show me where it was ever said the vaccines would stop you catching covid, by any serious scientist. Those over 80 now survive covid in the main, whereas before the vaccines it wasn’t likely you would. 

I’m pretty sure when I had a yellow fever vaccine it prevented me from contracting said infection and prevented me from spreading the infection to other countries…

But you are clearly an expert, so feel free to correct me 

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look at those soulless dead eyes. Imagine going from Liverpools LGBT spokesman to this. 

That sounds more like a captured Pilot reading a prepared statement than a celebratory endorsement from even the most inarticulate professional footballer ...

On the subject of the Saudi bid, I read today that Australia were given just 25 days to submit their bid to host an event 11 years off. The Saudi bid is already in ... That FIFA and their transparent bidding processes eh ?

Edit: Just seen that my second paragraph has effectively been posted by KiwiScott on the World Cup 2030 thread.

Edited by Barham Blitz