Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England V Scotland; The friendly world cup final

So today's game has 2 players who were **** for us, 1 who alot of people think is still **** for us and 2 others. 5 players with a City connection in an international game. I wander what the record is.

I didn't know about Chris Woods. 6 it is.

I think a few Welsh squads in the 90s may have had 3 or 4 players. Roberts, Goss, Bowen, Phillips. Not sure if they all played at the same time. I'll have to do some research when I've got spare time. 

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yeah.

I'm delighted about that.

I was a Rangers fan in my youth (before I knew about the politics, etc). Chris Woods was one of my earliest heros growing up.

World class keeper.

Do you support any Scottish league team now?, I have a soft spot for Dundee Utd but only because when collecting footy stickers as a yoof I was taken by the wonderfully named Hamish McAlpine cemented by seeing the highlights of one go their games where Paul Sturrock scored an absolute screamer only for it to be ruled out for offside (If my memory is correct)............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You can't blame them. What a dirge it is.

I noticed a couple of English players still singing god save the queen...

But not a surprise in these non gender times.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Teams are in. Phillips and Rice, hooray more Southgateball.. Gunn and the world famous superstar Gilmor starting for Scotland

I think Maguire and Phillips must both have played more for their country than their club in 2023, surely?

Six England changes. Can't blame Southgate, he's only matching our fans lack of care for this friendly.

Hope Scotland enjoy their world cup final though xx

As I suspected a weakened England team. Makeshift defence and no width. No way were we going to be unchanged with 2 games in 4 days.

I expect Bellingham, Kane et al will be subbed of ASAP as it's Champions League next week.

• Like 1

Comment:

Why are there women pundits and presenters for a Men’s football match?

Just learned Calvin Philips has played 6 minutes for Man C 

Didn’t even know he had gone to Maine Road (sic) 🤣

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What's wrong with that then?

Well, nothing but as I did watch the ITV coverage of the Women’s World Cup disaster, I’m a little uncomfortable with the equality situation… 

IMG_3698.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You can't blame them. What a dirge it is.

I noticed a couple of English players still singing god save the queen...

Bellingham clearly did just then 

There’s apparently 2 National anthems- we should remove the Barnett Formula immediately and declare Scotland as a rogue State of the Russian Federation 

Booing a National Anthem - lol!’ Capitol Offence! Wiggy Trump would have ye ‘Hung Drawn and Quartered’ 

6 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

There’s apparently 2 National anthems- we should remove the Barnett Formula immediately and declare Scotland as a rogue State of the Russian Federation 

Booing a National Anthem - lol!’ Capitol Offence! Wiggy Trump would have ye ‘Hung Drawn and Quartered’ 

It's interesting how the media called England fans classless for booing Germanys anthem and yet Scotland booes Englands and they say nothing.

Real interesting..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's interesting how the media called England fans classless for booing Germanys anthem and yet Scotland booes Englands and they say nothing.

Real interesting..

Not really.

Payback for England booing Flower of Scotland in 2021.