Big Vince

No Need To Sell?

So here we are with the window shut and having raked in £40 million and spent the grand sum of £1.7 million on Fassnacht. And yet the club continues to peddle the line that it doesn't have to sell. Really? A net profit on player trading this summer of £38 million tells me that Delia remains by far the most untruthful person in the universe and that supporters have once again been sold a false prospectus. We were told at the start of the window that any players signed for a fee would have to be funded by players sold for fees. But the conniving Delia left the business so late in the window as to make it impossible to sign better players for fees. And so what did we get instead? A player who is 91st choice striker for Forest. And another free CB with the turning circle of an oil tanker. So if Gibson gets injured we will have two aged oil tankers with matching turning circles.

Verdict: the reality of the situation is that the club's financial position is much worse than it is letting on and that there is a black hole in excess of £30 million that needs to be filled by player sales. If only Delia could just be honest with people for a change. But no, it was too much to ask and she just couldn't resist another go at smoke and mirrors.

**** me they're all out this weekend. 

What, did the front desk mess up and leave the doors unlocked? 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 3

You are aware that money gained from player sales has to you know, also go on keeping the club afloat? That there are members of staff that have to be paid wages? That bills and costs of running a club exist?

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are aware that money gained from player sales has to you know, also go on keeping the club afloat? That there are members of staff that have to be paid wages? That bills and costs of running a club exist?

Player sales are not the only source of income. Gate receipts, shirt sales etc., television money and sponsorship/advertising need consideration as well.

All football clubs bleed money though, not just NCFC.  

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes, all that was factored in BEFORE we were told there was no need to sell.

37 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

So here we are with the window shut and having raked in £40 million and spent the grand sum of £1.7 million on Fassnacht. And yet the club continues to peddle the line that it doesn't have to sell. Really? A net profit on player trading this summer of £38 million tells me that Delia remains by far the most untruthful person in the universe and that supporters have once again been sold a false prospectus. We were told at the start of the window that any players signed for a fee would have to be funded by players sold for fees. But the conniving Delia left the business so late in the window as to make it impossible to sign better players for fees. And so what did we get instead? A player who is 91st choice striker for Forest. And another free CB with the turning circle of an oil tanker. So if Gibson gets injured we will have two aged oil tankers with matching turning circles.

Verdict: the reality of the situation is that the club's financial position is much worse than it is letting on and that there is a black hole in excess of £30 million that needs to be filled by player sales. If only Delia could just be honest with people for a change. But no, it was too much to ask and she just couldn't resist another go at smoke and mirrors.

Well we knew it had to happen. Things have been going well and we’ve had a welcome absence from ‘Big’ Vince on this forum. The binner is back!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fact is, the club have said recently that we don't have to sell. So why did we?

With Andrews case he wanted the move. He did not want to be here anymore and the deal had been sorted with forest behind the scenes ages ago.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With Andrews case he wanted the move. He did not want to be here anymore and the deal had been sorted with forest behind the scenes ages ago.

Where have you got that from ? 

The fact he travelled with the team and was going to be in the squad against Rotherham would suggest otherwise. 

Please quote your source. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I can't prove otherwise but we could have told him he was under contrat and he is staying.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It is much more nuanced than that. The club made it plain at the start of the window they were targeting selling Aarons and Omobamidele. And so Omo thought that as he was just a commodity waiting to be monetised by the club, of course he would want to leave. It is always the club wanting to sell first, not the player wanting to leave. Players only want to leave when they are no longer wanted by their clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:
4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just wow!

Then why the fcuk did we wait until an hour before the window closed? 

Did you just make that up?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just wow!

Because Delia did not want to be caught with any money to spend, silly.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just wow!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/23764190.norwich-city-wagner-omobamidele-nottingham-forest-transfer/

"Andrew wanted to be back in the Premier League"

I was wrong about the deal being made ages ago, must have heard wrong but the fact is there. Andrew wanted to play in the top flight and wanted to leave and the offer was good enough to sell. That's all there is too it.

1 minute ago, Big Vince said:

Because Delia did not want to be caught with any money to spend, silly.

So let me get this straight then; we did a deal with Forest 'ages ago' yet Andy came on as sub in various matches and even played midweek against Bristol City even though a £20m deal had been done with Forest?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

it should not if self funded is calculated correctly , if we are relying on 30millon sales the self funding is 30 million out !! 

• Like 2

Unfortunately what is said and reality don’t always align, we always knew we needed to balance the books this season and ensure financial security post parachute money, which has already been eaten up!

That is our lot and many other too, we have to sell to build, build we are with lots of new youngsters who hopefully will make that step up along with wise old heads who will give a lot of experience to these younger players!

We are in a position which is the same as it has been for years an as said by those in the know not going to change anytime soon.

Like it or stop getting angry about things which you have no control over, try to look at some positives!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately what is said and reality don’t always align, we always knew we needed to balance the books this season and ensure financial security post parachute money, which has already been eaten up!

That is our lot and many other too, we have to sell to build, build we are with lots of new youngsters who hopefully will make that step up along with wise old heads who will give a lot of experience to these younger players!

We are in a position which is the same as it has been for years an as said by those in the know not going to change anytime soon.

Like it or stop getting angry about things which you have no control over, try to look at some positives!

i think with all the out goings  money and knowing Sarge was out for so long Clarke harris for around a million would have been great business 

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So let me get this straight then; we did a deal with Forest 'ages ago' yet Andy came on as sub in various matches and even played midweek against Bristol City even though a £20m deal had been done with Forest?

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

If every good player you produce is inevitably going to be sold just so that it suits the owners and no one else, then there are no positives. Nothing will ever get built if you sell it all off. Waste of time even being a supporter. All you are doing is watching an old couple rearrange their dolls' house.

Edited by Big Vince
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i think with all the out goings  money and knowing Sarge was out for so long Clarke harris for around a million would have been great business 

You wouldn't have been able to convince Barry to sell him for million 😂 add a zero on. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Unless your Madrid/City possibly bayern then EVERY club is a selling club. 

No problem selling but reinvesting approx 10% is a bit skinny

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

You wouldn't have been able to convince Barry to sell him for million 😂 add a zero on. 

i thought his move for 800k broke down ? 

This is much more like it. 

Can't beat a busy forum after a game.

Edited by nutty nigel
👍👍👍👍👍
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I totally agree and for me I would have got that Cannon deal done before opening door to others, having now seen we tried to loan him was daft! Reality is we’re budgeting this money for next season otherwise we need to sell more players, though I can see one off Sargent, Sarah or Rowe being sold to support the following season!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Only if you bring in dross. Which we haven't. 

oh no i was happy with the freebies fantastic i was looking for the cherry on top as our star striker is out till at least jan ,

i think the boy from man city is fantastic signing 

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Haven’t we got a £66 million loan to fund ?

Yes and the only way of doing that (notwithstanding any Atannasio investment) is to sell players. So Big Vince is spot on in his first post. The club have told us we do NOT need to sell when it was painfully obvious to every single fan that they did have to. 

• Like 1