6 hours ago, cornish sam said:

How is it sad and bitter? Football clubs shouldn't be flying to domestic fixtures in this country. We are in the edge of climactic disaster and air travel is a major contributor to it, domestic flights should be banned and public transport use encouraged.

• Sad 1

So aggravated posters here are in future going to take all their vacations in Skegness . I don't think so . 

9 minutes ago, Branston said:

So aggravated posters here are in future going to take all their vacations in Skegness . I don't think so . 

*looks at his next two weekend breaks in Odense and Tromso*

Meh, I never wanted kids so my carbon footprint is still gonna be tiny anyway.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

It is sickening, when I used to go to glasto we always stayed until the Tuesday and spent most of the Monday afternoon foraging around the campsites and helping cleanup, it was amazing what you could find and also pretty upsetting how wasteful people were and what little regard they had for where they were staying....mind you, did get some pretty nice clobber out of it...

1 hour ago, Branston said:

Why limit yourself to skeggy, you could go to Minehead as well...

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your sad, bitter drivel about us flying to games is the only serious rival on here to Essex dragging his pathetic shroud all over the message board. 

Why exactly is it sad bitter drivel? 

1 hour ago, Branston said:

And don't travel to away games... 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Unfortunately a lot of festivals are like that. Perhaps a lot of people. 'talk the talk' but don't 'walk the walk'. 

8 hours ago, cornish sam said:

How is it sad and bitter? Football clubs shouldn't be flying to domestic fixtures in this country. We are in the edge of climactic disaster and air travel is a major contributor to it, domestic flights should be banned and public transport use encouraged.

Woke nonsense

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why exactly is it sad bitter drivel? 

You need to know the history of the OP. I would say that about 70% of their posts are having a snide dig at the club in one way or another. The OP is a right winger who doesn't like MWJ and Delia because they are a bit liberal.

8 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Both these views are correct.

To square the circle, I'd like to see a league-wide agreement that clubs don't fly, or at the very least, that they agree a distance limit below which you don't fly. (Doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Middlesbrough might fly to Plymouth, for instance, but that time Arsenal flew to Norwich was just completely ridiculous)

If you have a league-wide agreement, what you lose in sporting disadvantage when you have a long away trip, you get back in the home game when the opposition have to travel to you.

Absolutely agree with this. (and was about to post something similar myself until I read yours). 

• Like 1

i think Idah should play if he scores or has a good game like he has been doing be good for his confidence ,

if he plays and has a terrible game then webber and wagner might rethink and get a striker in ,

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting that a thread asking what players should play in a cup match has become a debate about flying planes

May I introduce you to the concept of a "conversation"

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Absolutely agree with this. (and was about to post something similar myself until I read yours). 

The problem with this, as I see it, is that it would favour the London/Midlands area teams disproportionnally. Norwich, like Newcastle, Cardiff etc are on the extremities. 

Using your example of Arsenal v Norwich via coach would mean that Norwich would undertake a number of similar length journeys whereas Arsenal would have a significant number of shorter journeys to Capital based teams and the like. This, over the season, may provide an advantage due to the lesser time spent travelling. 

Edited by Conrad

59 minutes ago, Conrad said:

The problem with this, as I see it, is that it would favour the London/Midlands area teams disproportionnally. Norwich, like Newcastle, Cardiff etc are on the extremities. 

Using your example of Arsenal v Norwich via coach would mean that Norwich would undertake a number of similar length journeys whereas Arsenal would have a significant number of shorter journeys to Capital based teams and the like. This, over the season, may provide an advantage due to the lesser time spent travelling. 

Arsenal have that advantage already surely, unless they already fly from London City to Gatwick when they play Palace?!

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

It already works against us financially due to the enormous extra lay-out over the season. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Arsenal have that advantage already surely, unless they already fly from London City to Gatwick when they play Palace?!

They do, but the suggestion was that Norwich should travel by Coach rather than Fly, thus increasing that advantage. 

22 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your sad, bitter drivel about us flying to games is the only serious rival on here to Essex dragging his pathetic shroud all over the message board. 

I could have expanded and also say that as well as the Jimbo and the Jet Set brigade blazin' down to Brizzle that the team coaches also travel to the away venue....(in my sad and bitter drivel way).....But hey, let's ignore the hypocrisy about green issues that the club preach eh?....As I sup from my eco friendly cup in the concourse on a match-day....I'm at least doing my bit....

Durn't doo az we doo....doo az wee say....

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You need to know the history of the OP. I would say that about 70% of their posts are having a snide dig at the club in one way or another. The OP is a right winger who doesn't like MWJ and Delia because they are a bit liberal.

A starboard wing-----er.....Ooh I'm all in a flap....Riveting stuff.....

55 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

A starboard wing-----er.....Ooh I'm all in a flap....Riveting stuff.....

Note that you don't even bother trying to deny what I said - just your usual deflection tactics................

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Note that you don't even bother trying to deny what I said - just your usual deflection tactics................

Yeah....you win....