Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Those that didn’t renew

7 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Balls! Richard ... 😀

Well, his boycott seems to have done the trick! 

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If this run of form continues there will be fewer and fewer 3pm Saturday afternoon  kick offs which as he has mentioned several times Nutty will be against.

Against but can do nothing about. Wouldn't you rather play Millwall at 3pm on Saturday than mid-day Sunday? 

Time was the fans in the ground had the best deal. Now it's all about the TV fans.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Against but can do nothing about. Wouldn't you rather play Millwall at 3pm on Saturday than mid-day Sunday? 

Time was the fans in the ground had the best deal. Now it's all about the TV fans.

The TV fans pay for the quality players which the gate money alone would never cover.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The TV fans pay for the quality players which the gate money alone would never cover.

I've heard this one umpteen times. I can honestly say I don't enjoy games any more because of this money. I enjoyed them just as much in the 60s.

I suppose you enjoy them more because of the money. Why?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

At which of your clubs? 

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I've heard this one umpteen times. I can honestly say I don't enjoy games any more because of this money. I enjoyed them just as much in the 60s.

I suppose you enjoy them more because of the money. Why?

How many of these exotic players from the Americas were around in the 60's? You are right about the enjoyment levels but today's game like everything else has become globalised and monetised.

Over 80% of admissions were pay on the day in the 60's as opposed to only around 10% now which is why our real attendances are lower than they should be when season ticket holders are otherwise engaged sometimes due to Sky or poor transport etc. and insufficient ticket recycling opportunities.

Edited by essex canary

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

So says the chap complaining about ticket and membership prices at every opportunity and has free entry to games.

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

How many of these exotic players from the Americas were around in the 60's? You are right about the enjoyment levels but today's game like everything else has become globalised and monetised.

Over 80% of admissions were pay on the day in the 60's as opposed to only around 10% now which is why our real attendances are lower than they should be when season ticket holders are otherwise engaged sometimes due to Sky or poor transport etc. and insufficient ticket recycling opportunities.

So what are you trying to tell us. Is it that all these exotic South American players are better and supporting our club is a much more enjoyable experience because of other people's money and TV?

That certainly isn't the case for me. And I assume many others. If it was why would people still say the 59ers were our best ever team? Or posters still have usernames like Kenny Foggo?

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what are you trying to tell us. Is it that all these exotic South American players are better and supporting our club is a much more enjoyable experience because of other people's money and TV?

That certainly isn't the case for me. And I assume many others. If it was why would people still say the 59ers were our best ever team? Or posters still have usernames like Kenny Foggo?

In some ways better off at King's Lynn or Cambridge United because there are more 3pm Saturday kick offs and guys who earn ordinary wages.

Edited by essex canary

If you are a fan, you don’t just go for the good times. You endure the bad because you know that things will turn and there is always the next match. I got a season ticket back in the nineties when my finances took a turn for the better. My son has a season ticket as well. Going to the game with him is now a tradition that I don’t want to break.

• Like 6

No regrets at all about giving up the season ticket.  For years I was missing too many midweek games and other non-3.00pm matches due to travel problems (often no trains), whereas now I can pick and choose which ones I attend.  What’s more, it’s given someone else closer to Norwich the opportunity to have a season ticket, so a good outcome for both parties.

Edited by Naturalcynic

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

In some ways better off at King's Lynn or Cambridge United because there are more 3pm Saturday kick offs and guys who earn ordinary wages.

Why would I go to watch those games? I'm not a spectator, I'm a Norwich City supporter and go to Carrow Road to support my team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Why would I go to watch those games? I'm not a spectator, I'm a Norwich City supporter and go to Carrow Road to support my team.

Indeed but they are no longer subject to the maximum wage nor able to beat Manchester United 3-0 or anything like it on either count.

Indeed but they are no longer subject to the maximum wage nor able to beat Manchester United 3-0 or anything like it on either count.

Ethics again fails to understand the shifting sands of football fortune, id imagine man u fans arent exactly delighted at  the moment.  They were recently beaten by a kaneless Spurs, quite comfortably . You have little or no clue about footy, or much else,  by all  indications so far. And as someone who has demonstrated a complete inability to grasp anything but your own selfish agenda, you deserve nothing but ridicule.  

Oh ... and your Mother smells of Elderberries. 

37 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ethics again fails to understand the shifting sands of football fortune, id imagine man u fans arent exactly delighted at  the moment.  They were recently beaten by a kaneless Spurs, quite comfortably . You have little or no clue about footy, or much else,  by all  indications so far. And as someone who has demonstrated a complete inability to grasp anything but your own selfish agenda, you deserve nothing but ridicule.  

Oh ... and your Mother smells of Elderberries. 

I believe this is incorrect. His mother was a hamster. His father smelt of elderberries!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I believe this is incorrect. His mother was a hamster. His father smelt of elderberries!

Being incorrect is par for the course on here.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Just some realise it more than others.....

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

I stand corrected , but would hasten to add that  if Zoe Ward wasn't in a job , I wouldn't have made that mistake.  Thereby  proving the Club is run badly and I deserve double the going rate for my shares.... and my great great great grandkids should be able to Swan into free seats because .... well, because, because ...Zoe Ward.  

Some of us make a mistake, stand corrected and move on. Some others double down and try to convince  Every one else that they are in fact right.... despite clearly digging themselves their very own cess pool , full of their own shoite . 

Was that ' small wiener' little finger wiggle that a certain blond performed  the other day , directed at you by any chance Ethics? . Can't be me , mines mahooosive. 

I certainly have talked b**locks in the past but it's just a football forum. Why take it that seriously I say....

Opinions change, mine certainly do. 

27 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I certainly have talked b**locks in the past but it's just a football forum. Why take it that seriously I say....

Opinions change, mine certainly do. 

Exactly. No need for the abuse we get from some contributors albeit there are many like yourself who are able to express themselves without resorting to it.

• Like 1

Just now, essex canary said:

Exactly. No need for the abuse we get from some contributors albeit there are many like yourself who are able to express themselves without resorting to it.

All we can do is hope to be as perfect as them ... it's my prime objective 🐵

• Haha 1