Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Duffy and Barnes

Can we just take a moment to appreciate signing these 2 on free transfers (yes yes I know,  signing on fees etc).

You will struggle to find better business in the EFL than that.

• Like 4

In general, looking at the vast improvement we've seen, to have only paid a transfer fee for one player this summer is impressive. 

• Like 2

Being able to afford their wages probably ruled most clubs in the league, but yes they have been 2 excellent signings.

Definitely have added some much needed bullying spine to the team that we've lacked since Holt and Nelson. Just need a new Bradley Johnson in the middle. Is Forshaw a tough nut?

Great signings from what I've seen so far. Happy to be proved wrong by 2 players I thought were here for a couple of years easy money.

Our recruitment under Webber in the Championship has ranged from good to outstanding. Different game in the PL, but it looks like we've had another good window here.  Really hope we can keep AO...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Our recruitment under Webber in the Championship has ranged from good to outstanding. Different game in the PL, but it looks like we've had another good window here.  Really hope we can keep AO...

In fairness to Webber we are shopping in different markets when we are in different leagues. Big fish in this league attracts better signings where as small fry in the Prem makes it significantly harder

• Like 1

Barnes has never had a lick of pace so he's still going to be very useful for another 2-3 years so long as he doesn't pick up an injury. I love him already, he's everything we've missed since Holt left, he makes everyone around him better, the opposition dread facing him, he gives everything, massively improves morale in the team, he's good in our build up, the ball sticks to him and as a bonus he can score goals. For me Sargent and Rowe wouldn't have played as well and scored as many as they have this season without him in the team.

I like Duffy too but he's the archtypical Norwich defender in that he has a clanger in him so he makes me nervous at times. It's a trade off though, if he didn't have a mistake in him he'd have played his whole career in the PL and wouldn't be with us now, you've just gotta hope those rushes of blood to the head don't cost us too often. He's another leader though and I have no doubt he's played a big part in turning the teams mentality around. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Experience and grit at both ends of the pitch. 

What we've missed for so long

18 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

In fairness to Webber we are shopping in different markets when we are in different leagues. Big fish in this league attracts better signings where as small fry in the Prem makes it significantly harder

Oh yeah, completely agree. Wasn't having a go at Stu there. 

22 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Our recruitment under Webber is always better when we don't give him actual funds to spend :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I was concerned about Barnes due to age and drive etc. I was badly wrong. He's great and just what we needed. Duffy will get better and better the more games he gets under his belt. All looking good.

Two players with huge PL experience, and not injury prone. Great signings, and Idah said in the post-match interview that Barnes is a massive help for him