Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Is There An OSP Update ?

24 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I raised a question at the last meeting and unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the reply from the chairman.

He gave an answer that was, I suspect,somewhat untruthful but the bottom line is they have no intention of addressing the problem.

Non of that really matters as, after some 60+ years of supporting the Canaries I have not renewed my season ticket.

Let's just say the level of honesty is on a par with Westminster MPs.

I wouldn't let it drive me from my Football Club though even though it has had an impact.

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Let's just say the level of honesty is on a par with Westminster MPs.

I wouldn't let it drive me from my Football Club though even though it has had an impact.

But you got a season ticket at Cambridge United? And besides, you know absolutely nothing about this poster's problem or how it was dealt with. You just look for any excuse to moan. Do you actually want any joy or positivity in your life, or is it easier just to spend the rest of your life moaning and spreading misery?

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

I raised a question at the last meeting and unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the reply from the chairman.

He gave an answer that was, I suspect,somewhat untruthful but the bottom line is they have no intention of addressing the problem.

Non of that really matters as, after some 60+ years of supporting the Canaries I have not renewed my season ticket.

Just for balance, your question was regarding the PA system, which you deemed to be substandard. We were told that there had been no other complaints from anyone else in that area of the ground, and further that staff had been to your area of the ground to listen to the PA and also came to the conclusion that there was not a problem with it.

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But you got a season ticket at Cambridge United? And besides, you know absolutely nothing about this poster's problem or how it was dealt with. You just look for any excuse to moan. Do you actually want any joy or positivity in your life, or is it easier just to spend the rest of your life moaning and spreading misery?

One sensory problem we had at Carrow Road last season was that of the floodlights. The latest Trust notes confirms that adjustments were made. I made representations to the Club last August as my wife was finding it particularly difficult with reflector lenses. Other supporters were complaining too. The Club's initial response, rather than being focussed on one complaint being a complaint too many, was that not enough people had complained. This seems like a recipe for supporters having to suffer longer than necessary albeit that they eventually got there.

Another item in the Trust Notes refers to the Mental Health Bench Initiative of enhancing 'open and healthy' discussion with customers. Perhaps a rephrasing of the old adage 'the customer is always right'?  If ever there is an ambiguous issue decide it in the customers favour providing there are no major implications.

Let's hope that whatever future form the OSP takes it will be supportive of these principles. 

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

One sensory problem we had at Carrow Road last season was that of the floodlights. The latest Trust notes confirms that adjustments were made. I made representations to the Club last August as my wife was finding it particularly difficult with reflector lenses. Other supporters were complaining too. The Club's initial response, rather than being focussed on one complaint being a complaint too many, was that not enough people had complained. This seems like a recipe for supporters having to suffer longer than necessary albeit that they eventually got there.

Another item in the Trust Notes refers to the Mental Health Bench Initiative of enhancing 'open and healthy' discussion with customers. Perhaps a rephrasing of the old adage 'the customer is always right'?  If ever there is an ambiguous issue decide it in the customers favour providing there are no major implications.

Let's hope that whatever future form the OSP takes it will be supportive of these principles. 

I'm blocking you now, you're just too boring. Sorry.

EDIT: Not sorry.

Edited by Feedthewolf

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The Club's initial response, rather than being focussed on one complaint being a complaint too many, was that not enough people had complained. This seems like a recipe for supporters having to suffer longer than necessary albeit that they eventually got there.

So you got no apology then?

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm blocking you now, you're just too boring. Sorry.

EDIT: Not sorry.

In relation to @Grumpy , the Club should then, according to the procedure have written to him with their exhaustive conclusions of his complaint and advised him of his rights to take the matter to the Football Ombudsman if he is still unhappy. I wonder if they did so? They certainly didn't in my case where I used my own initiative to refer which equally doesn't assist the Ombudsman's procedure.

Clearly an issue that supporters representatives should insist on being observed.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

So you got no apology then?

I am not aware of one. To my knowledge this weeks very limited circulation Trust minutes are the first acknowledgement that any affirmative action was taken though a belief that the adjustments were made a little before last Christmas.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Re the floodlights I suspect that if a survey was done in the Jarrold ( or whatever it’s called now, I’ve lost count ) a very high percentage would say they are way to bright and need moving higher

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Re the floodlights I suspect that if a survey was done in the Jarrold ( or whatever it’s called now, I’ve lost count ) a very high percentage would say they are way to bright and need moving higher

Totally agree, however the issue is that they won’t be moved higher until the new stand/extension is built.

with the cost of installation, cannot see these being moved.

The lights are a Sky requirement

As I understand it from what was said at agm it's for the TV audience and all to do with the lux values(?) for when the ball is in the air and not to do with the lighting of the pitch. And certainly nothing to do with season ticket holders comfort or visibility.

If you don't like it cancel your TV deals and tell them why.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Again, Essex is misrepresenting the truth to find yet another tiresome stick to beat the club with. My dad was one of the people who complained about the brightness of the floodlights, and he was told that they were aware of the issue and collating all the issues from the people who raised them, before going back to the manufacturer once they had a full and clear picture of the size and scale of the issue.

Once they'd done that, they got the manufacturer to come back to the ground and make the adjustments accordingly. The lights are now less bright than they were at the start of last season, due to the club listening to the feedback of the fans and acting on it.

I'm sure Essex will come back with another moan, possibly about this topic but probably about something entirely unrelated, but I've blocked him now and frankly my life feels a great deal better already.

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just for balance, your question was regarding the PA system, which you deemed to be substandard. We were told that there had been no other complaints from anyone else in that area of the ground, and further that staff had been to your area of the ground to listen to the PA and also came to the conclusion that there was not a problem with it.

They,well the chairman, said he would meet me at my seat but never did,whoever went to the area certainly didn't ask anybody in the vicinity of my seat because the answer would have been the same as mine simply because I have asked them myself and without exception they couldn't understand what was being said over the PA.

Just now, Grumpy said:

They,well the chairman, said he would meet me at my seat but never did,whoever went to the area certainly didn't ask anybody in the vicinity of my seat because the answer would have been the same as mine simply because I have asked them myself and without exception they couldn't understand what was being said over the PA.

Okay, none of that contradicts anything I said in my previous post. Either way, I'm sorry you didn't get the resolution you wanted and I'm sorry you decided to give up your season ticket because of it. Hope you can still make some games this season in a different part of the ground and hopefully have a more enjoyable experience!

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Okay, none of that contradicts anything I said in my previous post. Either way, I'm sorry you didn't get the resolution you wanted and I'm sorry you decided to give up your season ticket because of it. Hope you can still make some games this season in a different part of the ground and hopefully have a more enjoyable experience!

Hells bells I didn't say I had given up my ticket for that and I apologise if I gave that impression.The problem with the PA I do find quite intolerable,but my reason is purely financial.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Hells bells I didn't say I had given up my ticket for that and I apologise if I gave that impression.The problem with the PA I do find quite intolerable,but my reason is purely financial.

Ah fair enough. Either way, sorry you've had to give it up and hope you can get to some matches.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2023 at 16:08, MrFruit said:

If The Trust are representing the fans then their minutes should not be behind a paywall regardless of that the fee is modest.

And their Chairperson shouldn't hide behind a private social media account.

The Trust represents *some* fans, in much the same way that Proud Canaries represents *some* fans.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Again, Essex is misrepresenting the truth to find yet another tiresome stick to beat the club with. My dad was one of the people who complained about the brightness of the floodlights, and he was told that they were aware of the issue and collating all the issues from the people who raised them, before going back to the manufacturer once they had a full and clear picture of the size and scale of the issue.

Once they'd done that, they got the manufacturer to come back to the ground and make the adjustments accordingly. The lights are now less bright than they were at the start of last season, due to the club listening to the feedback of the fans and acting on it.

I'm sure Essex will come back with another moan, possibly about this topic but probably about something entirely unrelated, but I've blocked him now and frankly my life feels a great deal better already.

I did get the same answer as your dad when I made a follow up enquiry in early November but that wasn't the initial response and I still had to chase.

The real issues still come back to weak communication and follow up. Shouldn't the OSP minutes be sufficiently comprehensive to give a complete trail of ongoing issues and indeed to enable panel members to be able to look back and review their achievements?

On 16/08/2023 at 08:59, essex canary said:

i have a resident Hedgehog.

Do you keep it where Richard Gere keeps his Hamster? It would explain a lot.

I believe there was a meeting this week.

I've lost track of who is an osp member on here now or not, but if ive remembered rightly this would have been the first meeting with new invited members from fans groups.

Apologies if I've missed it. But has there been any update / feedback from the meeting and how it went etc. Not looking for content, as the minutes will cover that idc. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I believe there was a meeting this week.

I've lost track of who is an osp member on here now or not, but if ive remembered rightly this would have been the first meeting with new invited members from fans groups.

Apologies if I've missed it. But has there been any update / feedback from the meeting and how it went etc. Not looking for content, as the minutes will cover that idc. 

They met on Tuesday this week the same night as the NCFSC forum.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Patience is a virtue.

Shame you don't show any......

I knew you'd pop up on here.

Edited by Greavsy

Looks like Zoe has been busy licking envelopes to shareholders so has been unable to cobble together the OSP minutes.

• Haha 1