Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Its not easy being a WO

You''ve go to feel sorry for them, they''ve had their big rally at St. Andrews hall, they''ve had their protest march, they believed that the numbers were high and then the statement from DS & MWJ comes along and burts their bubble. What have they got left? They''ve got to wish for a heavy defeat in the next game to give them comfort, meanwhile their blood pressure rises and that ulcer becomes more of a reality as they pour over every article trying to find a negative stance on everything. I can''t imagine what its must be like going to matches on a Saturday with only negative thoughts, looking for the bad and ignoring the good but the WO''s revel in this scenario, so spare some sympathy for them.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

You''ve go to feel sorry for them, they''ve had their big rally at St. Andrews hall, they''ve had their protest march, they believed that the numbers were high and then the statement from DS & MWJ comes along and burts their bubble. What have they got left? They''ve got to wish for a heavy defeat in the next game to give them comfort, meanwhile their blood pressure rises and that ulcer becomes more of a reality as they pour over every article trying to find a negative stance on everything. I can''t imagine what its must be like going to matches on a Saturday with only negative thoughts, looking for the bad and ignoring the good but the WO''s revel in this scenario, so spare some sympathy for them.

[/quote]I don''t think this is on the whole true.There may be some that try to stand out more than others by trying to make more noise and drawing more attention to themselves but the way I see it - if this board is anything to go by there are probably no more than say 50 hard core outers that would fit the above bill.I think most would change their opinion if things did change as they have so far seemed to be fair and open minded. Take Trent for example, he has an opinion but tries to back it up with some sort of logic.I won''t name anyone who fits your bill but there are two that are dominant in my mind - I will let you all draw you own conclusions but there are not as many as you would expect that are as extreme and as aggressive as that.I feel for those that want Worthington out because they must be hugely frustrated. For me some of it is too extreme and may even be offputting to perspective managers who may look at the situation and think if the crowd give this much gip when they are in 10th what hope have I got if I don''t turn things around? Real job security!I think that the people in support of new management (is that more PC?) are right in the sence that you don''t hear many people making noise to try and lift the atmosphere. I would say that perhaps its time for the people who support the current management make a stand of their own and make some noise so the next time our lads walk out on the pitch they want to be there and play to their best.The two combined if in sufficiant strength and passion would put an end to this I am sure because it would prove the team need spirit and that the, lets say frustration due to lack of reaching high expectations, is not the way to make a possitive difference.

",,,ignoring the good...". What ''good'' would that be? We''re playing awfully and getting thumped by any half-decent team. I went and watched the England Ladies'' international tonight and I saw better football played tonight than by the Norwich team for several months - passing, movement, commitment and no hoof-ball. What  a novelty.

And please don''t try to be condescending and "spare some sympathy" for me. Have some sympathy, instead, for those others who suffer the morgue that is Carrow Road each week. Or those who spent loads of time and money travelling to Luton, Reading, QPR, Crystal Palace et al, only to be embarrassed. At least WO''s can do something about it by protesting. 

Forget it, Squit, the Worthy Outers will NOT be going away and if you think that Delia''s statement has burst our bubble, you''re very much mistaken. In fact, it''s merely served to strengthen our resolve to continue to campaign for Worthington''s sacking. We will NOT settle for awful football, even if people like you do.  

Clearly there is a strong angle to lobby against the protesters and that is why in a seperate thread I urged those concerned to take the moral high ground while it was still available and look towards other methods.

It is surely most probable that City will do okay, probably play much better to the end of the season and Worthington will go no-where.

If you intend continuing to come to matches you only have two choices: protest or not protest. Not protesting can be done by signing the arguement off on your own terms with credibility intact. Protesting carries all manner of risks. I have previously and patronisingly explained them elsewhere.

The point of no return has not been reached, but it might be soon. The point has been made, it is now time to assess. Worthington knows he is under scruitiny and the issue can be re-visited at the protesters time of choosing.

[/quote]

This coming from the guy who spend every single post being negative.

its great being a KTF as our ever downward spiral continues...feeling really positive about our campaign probably the year after next for survival in League 1, isnt great weve got a 1 dimensional manager who despite being ''badged up'' has only got 1 tactic (hoof it to the little fella), and celebrates lucky wins against mediocre opposition by gesticulating to the fans. Isnt it great to watch a succession of strikers / defensive midfielder try to learn how to play right midfield...isnt it fab to watch a central midfield that Shaun Carey would still probably walk straight into...isnt it great that our club is owned in such a way as to crush any semblance of democracy...

....celebrate good times come on....

Looking for the good. I wish! You tell me what good you,ve seen at CR this season. Probably take 2 lines if you really think hard!

I''m waiting

i may be a worthy outer but i dont wish for us to get beat each week to get the manager out. youreally are patronising the WO''s as you call them. if you can say you are satisfied with the crap dished up then you are easily pleased LOS! but dont tar all WO''s with the same brush that we all want city to lose, i would much rather they lost with a battling performance than the inept displays seen this season but i dont wish for them to lose. even when they beat poor teams it is not as it should be for me because id like to see some good football played now and again! i can only recall one maybe two games which weve won where i can say it was a good game

[/quote]

I don''t like this criticism of me for being a "WO" so instead of answering any of your points I am adopting the club policy of dealing with this kind of thing.

*Fingers in ears*
"Tra la la la la, I don''t hear you La la la la la"

In all seriousness ALOS have got nothing else to post about?  Any chance you could start a topic about football/Norwich for a change rather than attempting to stoke up even more animosity between people on this forum?  You are turning into a bit of a one trick pony and I can pretty much predict the content of all your postings before I read them.

Has everything at CR this season been bad?

[/quote]

errr  yes, it has

Bad Atmosphere at CR

Poor performances at CR

Some terrible results at CR

Zero decent teams beaton at CR

Lost to Ipswich on TV at CR

Lost in the first round of the FA Cup at CR

Fan fighting fan at at CR

Manager insulting fans at CR

good points.......

Loyal fans fill Carrow Road every week

Northampton and Luton beaton at CR

[/quote]

Is being a City supporter easy for any of us at the moment?????  Everyone connected with or who cares about the club deserves sympathy

Chicken wrote

I feel for those that want Worthington out because they must be hugely frustrated. For me some of it is too extreme and may even be offputting to perspective managers who may look at the situation and think if the crowd give this much gip when they are in 10th what hope have I got if I don''t turn things around? Real job security!

Chicken I like that paragraph . I have said much the same thing in other posts and amsure that Worthy outers may actually ads you infer put off genuine candidates for the post.OTBC!!

[quote user="beelsie"]

Chicken wrote

I feel for those that want Worthington out because they must be hugely frustrated. For me some of it is too extreme and may even be offputting to perspective managers who may look at the situation and think if the crowd give this much gip when they are in 10th what hope have I got if I don''t turn things around? Real job security!

Chicken I like that paragraph . I have said much the same thing in other posts and amsure that Worthy outers may actually ads you infer put off genuine candidates for the post.OTBC!!

[/quote]

I am surprised it has taken 18 months of poor performances for this too happen.  Talk about tolerant fans.