Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is it? Sunderland look toothless. 

Yea they've benefited from Ross Stewart being out, I don't think it would've panned out like this with the dominance Sunderland had early on.

They've taken the chances well though.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Best thing about this thread is its outing all the secret binners. Who knew we had so many ipswich fans hiding in here?

? I’ve wanked £50 on a Sunderland win and will take that on the chin. Will you attend at least one match this season? 

There's been a lot of late goals this weekend, It does make you wonder if there's a twist in this game to come.

Sunderland with complete domination in the first half but did they create a clear cut chance? I know they're missing one or two players in attacking areas but they looked far more dangerous and clinical in the final third last season. 

Ipswich on the other hand have been fairly clinical (first goal very lucky obviously) - but they don't keep the ball well, lose it in areas they shouldn't and whilst they have some legs in midfield it doesn't look quality.

Not sure either will trouble the top 6 or the top 10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sunderland with complete domination in the first half but did they create a clear cut chance? I know they're missing one or two players in attacking areas but they looked far more dangerous and clinical in the final third last season. 

Ipswich on the other hand have been fairly clinical (first goal very lucky obviously) - but they don't keep the ball well, lose it in areas they shouldn't and whilst they have some legs in midfield it doesn't look quality.

Not sure either will trouble the top 6 or the top 10

Finally some sense! 

Whatever happens, it's been a cracking opening weekend.  The extra minutes of play have made a difference, without doubt.  I just hope broadcasters don't have a moan as it cuts into their advertising and it gets relaxed back.

Edited by Google Bot

Well, same result on paper as them but while we are buoyed by how we grew into the game with renewed hope they barely made it across the line to a ten man Sunderland and were saved by the post.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Well, same result on paper as them but while we are buoyed by how we grew into the game with renewed hope they barely made it across the line to a ten man Sunderland and were saved by the post.

Shhhhhhh ya C#ck ………

They are above us in the table though .... yeah I know its only because I comes before N, but still. We must do better. 

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

They are above us in the table though ....

And agent Mumba with Plymouth above them, as they're accustomed to.

17 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Shhhhhhh ya C#ck ………

Mentally weak on the end of that game. 

if your players can’t deal with Sunderland mentally then what’s going to happen in the derby?

your players are mentally weak. Saw it plain as day on day one my man

29 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Shhhhhhh ya C#ck ………

Surprised your lot even got promoted on that showing, lucky Sunderland don't have an actual striker

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Surprised your lot even got promoted on that showing, lucky Sunderland don't have an actual striker

The first 70 minutes or whatever was a pretty average affair. A couple of mid to low table strugglers trading c0ck ups, Sunderland getting the worse of it. That’s the championship.

But that last 30 mins since the sending off? Very, very illuminating. Ipswich really suffered and looked ragged. Mentally, they couldn’t cope and I’d question how good they were physically as well they seem to really flag towards the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Mentally weak on the end of that game. 

if your players can’t deal with Sunderland mentally then what’s going to happen in the derby?

your players are mentally weak. Saw it plain as day on day one my man

They are nothing special.. reckon someone will take their manager soon. Seems you can polish a turd...

Sunderland aren’t a great side. Good result for Ipswich but they barely stung two passes together and we’re not impressive in my view. On another day they lose that comfortably.