Canary dwarf

Am I stingy or is worth it

On pink un now most articles are only available to people that pay , there's no longer any freebies which is disappointing, am I stingy ? . Is it worth it ? Paying for paddy would hurt me ! I pay enough to paddy power have I got room for another paddy in my life?

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Try switching off java script.... 

Don't even know if I have that on , just go on Google Chrome and there all behind a paywall !

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Am I right in thinking that the EDP and Pinkun subs are completely separate?

I'm talking about pink un subs ,i though edp was free !

Edited by Canary dwarf

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'm talking about pink un subs ,mi though edp was free !

Even on EDP you get the same lockouts and shared content from Pinkun, i.e.:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/23687476.norwich-city-connor-southwell-column-defensive-improvement/

I didn't know if you paid for one you got the other, as the paywall and ads look identical - But EDP is more expensive. 

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, Google Bot said:

No, you get the same lockouts and shared content from Pinkun, i.e.:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/23687476.norwich-city-connor-southwell-column-defensive-improvement/

I didn't know if you paid for one you got the other, as the paywall and ads look identical - But EDP is more expensive. 

How much do you pay for the pink un content and in your humble opinion is it worth it ?

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

How much do you pay for the pink un content and in your humble opinion is it worth it ?

I only done the trial and didn't extend it, but that was later part of last season when things were a bit crap all round really so I am not the best to ask I'm afraid.  Read it for a few days, and never went back.

Personally I think £30 for the year is worth it to support them if you're going to those pages and unable to read the articles currently, I don't even find myself going on the main site anymore, though.

If I sub it will be more for the free content they already put out via youtube.  I find open discussions, pressers and match reports from the stadium much more interesting.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I only done the trial and didn't extend it, but that was later part of last season when things were a bit crap all round really so I am not the best to ask I'm afraid.  Read it for a few days, and never went back.

Personally I think £30 for the year is worth it to support them if you're going to those pages and unable to read the articles currently, I don't even find myself going on the main site anymore, though.

If I sub it will be more for the free content they already put out via youtube.  I find open discussions, pressers and match reports from the stadium much more interesting.

30 pound a year is respectable it's nothing really .

I think it's worth it.

But it's a difficult time to report on the club, when results and performances for the last two seasons have left you feeling "Do I really want to read about that rubbish I just sat through?".

• Like 1

No subscribing to low standard journalism only encourages publications to produce low standard articles which really need to be free for their content provided.  If noone subscribed they would still pfoduce the dross.  Subscribers I blame you.

It's nothing particularly special, and the cost reflects this. Shallow fayre.

It keeps you up to date with things. The headliners are usually more exciting than the content.

Post script: 

Having just read Davitt's assessment of pre-season performances I liked his description of Ashley Barnes as a "Cultural architect in the dressing room."

No O/P don't be stingy. Thirty quid seems to be fish 'n chips for two nowadays.

Edited by BroadstairsR

The Athletic is £1 a month at the moment which is good value. 

I've yet to read a match report in the local press that is any better than Ricardo's and they're definitely less entertaining! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Why do people wish to be stingy with journalists but not footballers and their hangers on?

Please expand? 

Not sure people subscribe to footballers or their hangers on? 

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's nothing particularly special, and the cost reflects this. Shallow fayre.

It keeps you up to date with things. The headliners are usually more exciting than the content.

Post script: 

Having just read Davitt's assessment of pre-season performances I liked his description of Ashley Barnes as a "Cultural architect in the dressing room."

No O/P don't be stingy. Thirty quid seems to be fish 'n chips for two nowadays.

Posh Fish n chips maybe. Still get it  for a lot less than £15  in most places I'd  say.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Posh Fish n chips maybe. Still get it  for a lot less than £15  in most plaices I’d say.   

Just corrected it for you ; ).  FnC definitely isn’t the cheapish option it once was, £10 a pop at my local.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Posh Fish n chips maybe. Still get it  for a lot less than £15  in most places I'd  say.   

Margate posh?

(The going rate there is actually about £8.)

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Please expand? 

Not sure people subscribe to footballers or their hangers on? 

Agents, Coaches, Administrators etc.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Agents, Coaches, Administrators etc.

How does Joe public subscribe to them? Other than being shareholders of the clubs they play for? 

14 hours ago, Greavsy said:

How does Joe public subscribe to them? Other than being shareholders of the clubs they play for? 

Any customer of any business is effectively paying the wages of the employees of same. Shouldn't really be the case for shareholders though football may to an extent be an exception.

On 30/07/2023 at 10:10, essex canary said:

Why do people wish to be stingy with journalists but not footballers and their hangers on?

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Any customer of any business is effectively paying the wages of the employees of same. Shouldn't really be the case for shareholders though football may to an extent be an exception.

i'm unsurprising even more confused now. 

So you buy the product, be it a newspaper, football match whatever in totallity. 

Are you saying that in the example of the newspaper people are saying they only want journalist X to receive payment, as they only read their articles? and therefore applying the same logic only want their payment to go to player Y (ie because he scores the goals), but nothing for the people behind the scenes who make the end product available?

its quite simple, you want the product you pay the price. If you dont want it, or dont think its worth the price, you dont.