Stacey, Gibson, Duffy, Omo,* Hanley, Gino, McCallum

Onel, Lungi, Sara, Nunez, McLean, Gibbs,*

Tzolis*, Placheta, Barnes, Sargeant, Idah, Fassnacht, Sainz - 23 players

Springett*, Rowe*, Tomlinson*, Fisher*

* under 21 1st Jan 2023

Aarons/Rashida not included

]

Why cut Maxi out? 
With little under 2 weeks left until Hull its safe to say hes still a Norwich player and if anything had / was going to happen it would have happened already.

I can see why you cut Milot yet crazier things have happened.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Why cut Maxi out? 
With little under 2 weeks left until Hull its safe to say hes still a Norwich player and if anything had / was going to happen it would have happened already.

I can see why you cut Milot yet crazier things have happened.

They've got until September and a lot of big deals happen later in the window. 

9 hours ago, RobJames said:

Maximum 25 man squad size, so

Gunn, Krul, Reyes

* under 21 1st Jan 2023

@shefcanary has a really useful chart that breaks our squad down with ages and positions, I'm sure he'll share it with us if we ask him nicely!

Also, Reyes is still only 19 so he would have an asterisk I think... unless you were referring only to homegrown U21 players?

43 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

@shefcanary has a really useful chart that breaks our squad down with ages and positions, I'm sure he'll share it with us if we ask him nicely!

Also, Reyes is still only 19 so he would have an asterisk I think... unless you were referring only to homegrown U21 players?

I think, and I reiterate think to qualify as U21 and not need to be registered you either have to home grown or have been at the club 2 years, so Reyes wouldn't qualify.....again I think :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think, and I reiterate think to qualify as U21 and not need to be registered you either have to home grown or have been at the club 2 years, so Reyes wouldn't qualify.....again I think :classic_biggrin:

Cheers. I know that to qualify as homegrown, you need to either be an English national, or to have been trained at an English club for three years by the age of 21 (as Tim Krul was, for example). I'm not certain of the rules around foreign U21 players needing to be part of the 25-man squad, though. Anyone know if they have to have been trained at an English club, or whether the fact they're U21 qualifies them as an exempt youth player irrespective of nationality?

Edited by Feedthewolf

26 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think that's true for European competition registration, but I believe (and I'm not 100% sure) that for domestic competitions in this country it's based purely on age, so the fact Reyes has only just arrived in the country isn't relevant. 

But it's a bit of a minefield nowadays with what counts as homegrown and/or Under-21.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think that's true for European competition registration, but I believe (and I'm not 100% sure) that for domestic competitions in this country it's based purely on age, so the fact Reyes has only just arrived in the country isn't relevant. 

But it's a bit of a minefield nowadays with what counts as homegrown and/or Under-21.

You could be right, I'll double check on FM later on :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm attending a family funeral today. Will post an update tomorrow after my return. It will also give a chance for Mick Dennis's criptic tweet that there will ve a sale completed today to take effect. Any guesses who?

19 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm attending a family funeral today. Will post an update tomorrow after my return. It will also give a chance for Mick Dennis's criptic tweet that there will ve a sale completed today to take effect. Any guesses who?

Condolences, Shef.

Logic would say Rashica, he was waiting on Galatasaray but now that's fallen through I expect he's looking for the next flight out of here to a top European division.

EDIT: having seen the tweet, it seems he's implying it'll be Omobamidele?

Edited by Feedthewolf

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Condolences, Shef.

EDIT: having seen the tweet, it seems he's implying it'll be Omobamidele?

Thanks FTW.

On Omo, is that why his large photo at the Carra is being replaced by Sarge? 

Just now, shefcanary said:

Thanks FTW.

On Omo, is that why his large photo at the Carra is being replaced by Sarge? 

I think that's the inference, yes. I couldn't see a tweet by Mick where he explicitly says someone will be sold today, unless I missed it? I think his comment 'someone's leaving' is just speculating that because they're replacing Omo with Sargent on the banner, Omo must be on his way.

Personally I'd love Omo to stay, especially as I had to remortgage my house to get his name printed on the back of my shirt last season... :classic_wink:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think that's the inference, yes. I couldn't see a tweet by Mick where he explicitly says someone will be sold today, unless I missed it? I think his comment 'someone's leaving' is just speculating that because they're replacing Omo with Sargent on the banner, Omo must be on his way.

Personally I'd love Omo to stay, especially as I had to remortgage my house to get his name printed on the back of my shirt last season... :classic_wink:

The banner of Omo is being changed as its the old kit.  I know Wagner said he would be happy., but surprised if Omo was still here come the end of the window, but the changing of the banner has zero relevance to any potential transfers.  Fingers crossed he stays, i think Omo/Duffy would forge a magnificent CB pairing for the Championship this season.  As good as any other in the league, barring maybe Leicester/Southampton as im not sure on their transfer dealings.

5 minutes ago, BSEYELLOW said:

The banner of Omo is being changed as its the old kit.  I know Wagner said he would be happy., but surprised if Omo was still here come the end of the window, but the changing of the banner has zero relevance to any potential transfers.  Fingers crossed he stays, i think Omo/Duffy would forge a magnificent CB pairing for the Championship this season.  As good as any other in the league, barring maybe Leicester/Southampton as im not sure on their transfer dealings.

A good point well made! I too would love to see him stay, and agree that he and Duffy would make an excellent pairing.

Here's hoping.  Think it was a lazy throw away comment from Mick, not meant to be read into as such.  But could be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

It will also give a chance for Mick Dennis's criptic tweet that there will ve a sale completed today to take effect. Any guesses who?

Yes, @BSEYELLOW, I think that Shef may have got the wrong end of the stick with his comment above... unless anyone else has seen anything from Mick Dennis to imply that someone will be sold today?

13 hours ago, RobJames said:

Maximum 25 man squad size, so

Gunn, Krul, Reyes

* under 21 1st Jan 2023

]

What's happened to Dan Barden, not heard anything about him since he returned from his last loan spell. Isn't training with the 1st team GKs. Has he left, has he got an injury.

It's a) not Mick Dennis saying anyone is leaving today, it's a throwaway comment and b) a trash opinion because they're hardly going to leave up a big banner of the old kit are they? The Sara one will be done next.

54 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

It's a) not Mick Dennis saying anyone is leaving today, it's a throwaway comment and b) a trash opinion because they're hardly going to leave up a big banner of the old kit are they? The Sara one will be done next.

Its mick dennis, i tend not to listen to anything which comes out of his mouth.

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, just an oversight 😟

I think we have enough 'English' players to meet the number ((8) needed. I would not be adverse to Omo leaving, as he has not looked as good as some might think. However it depends on the fee. It needs to be towards the Godfrey level rather than the Rashica level.

With Tomlinson and possibly Warner on the fringes and Hanley back in a few months, there is cover, as I am sure Stacey can play CB if needed. However if Omo is offered a good deal in the PL there is not a lot we can do, accept listen to the expected whining and the little foot stamping of the usual malcontents. A short term loan (until Xmas) could see a PL player join as cover.

As to Barden, he is back from a loan at Livingstone. He just squeaks in as u 21 as he was born 1st Jan 2001. I would think he would go back out on loan, as if named as the 3rd keeper it would mean him sat about with only the odd U 21 game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

No, just an oversight 😟

I think we have enough 'English' players to meet the number ((8) needed. I would not be adverse to Omo leaving, as he has not looked as good as some might think. However it depends on the fee. It needs to be towards the Godfrey level rather than the Rashica level.

With Tomlinson and possibly Warner on the fringes and Hanley back in a few months, there is cover, as I am sure Stacey can play CB if needed. However if Omo is offered a good deal in the PL there is not a lot we can do, accept listen to the expected whining and the little foot stamping of the usual malcontents. A short term loan (until Xmas) could see a PL player join as cover.

As to Barden, he is back from a loan at Livingstone. He just squeaks in as u 21 as he was born 1st Jan 2001. I would think he would go back out on loan, as if named as the 3rd keeper it would mean him sat about with only the odd U 21 game.

Agree with all this, and I've just said much the same about the PL loan route on another thread. I disagree about Omo though, I think he's a great talent who (like most of our squad) really struggled for form and confidence under Deano. If he stays I think he'll be great for us this season, and Gibson will have to make do with a place on the bench.

EDIT: Would rather not move Stacey from RB though, as he's looked excellent bombing forward in pre-season. Would rather see Lungi fill in there than Stacey.

Edited by Feedthewolf

Omo being young, in an unforgiving position, in a team bereft of confidence had little chance to shine last year.  With a solid game plan, which now seems to be appearing, coupled with a much better overall standard of team fitness, im sure we will see a different player this season.

3 hours ago, BSEYELLOW said:

Omo being young, in an unforgiving position, in a team bereft of confidence had little chance to shine last year.  With a solid game plan, which now seems to be appearing, coupled with a much better overall standard of team fitness, im sure we will see a different player this season.

He still looks by far a better player than Godfrey, I hope he stays, he's got future captain potential. Not yet, but in 2 or 3 seasons alongside someone like Duffy then, perhaps

Agreed, but then i dont think he will be with us that long.  I think we will likely see him grown hugely this season alongside Duffy and likely be sold next season for a significant fee unless we can somehow creep back up to the top table.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, he is athletic and has some ability on the ball, there is no reason he cannot go all the way to the top.