Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Mbappe to Al Hilal..?

And all for the low low price of just 259 million quid as is said to have been offered.

Money money money, must be funny in the Saudis world..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And all for the low low price of just 259 million quid.

Money money money, must be funny in the Saudis world..

A suggestion.

If you will insist on posting 9000 threads a day, at least try and make them informative.

He hasn't gone to Al Hilal. They've reportedly bid for him but no guarantee he'll actually go there.

How much will his wages be?   I think Henderson wage was quoted as £700k pw, mbappes offer must be astronomical.

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

A suggestion.

If you will insist on posting 9000 threads a day, at least try and make them informative.

He hasn't gone to Al Hilal. They've reportedly bid for him but no guarantee he'll actually go there.

He did put a question mark on the thread title. 

17 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

He did put a question mark on the thread title. 

I mean he also accused me of making 9000 threads a day which seems odd. How many threads have I made over the past weekend? One? 🤔

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 minutes ago, ZLF said:

How much will his wages be?   I think Henderson wage was quoted as £700k pw, mbappes offer must be astronomical.

I read yesterday they were prepared to offer €200m to PSG as s transfer fee and €400m to Mbappe on a one-year deal in order to resolve this stalemate of his contract expiring in 2024, Mbappe refusing to sign a new one and PSG being reluctant to sell him. He'd then be free to join Real Madrid on a free next year, which is what he plans to do anyway. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolutely bonkers. 

It is bonkers and the beautiful game is being Fùçķèď over by these people. 

18 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I think Henderson wage was quoted as £700k pw, mbappes offer must be astronomical.

Tax free too, which is what I find so mental. Henderson's probably going to be clearing the equivalent pay of 8 seasons at Liverpool for every 1 played in Saudi.  I mean, the incentive is insane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Football has long been in thrall to money,  PL lead the way now finds itself usurp by some one with a bigger pot.

These people??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The sooner Saudi oil dries up the better

So if we just stopped oil...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Tax free too, which is what I find so mental. Henderson's probably going to be clearing the equivalent pay of 8 seasons at Liverpool for every 1 played in Saudi.  I mean, the incentive is insane.

Absolutely insane money isn't it and a no brainer for him to take it... also shows everyone has a price for their principles. 

5 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Absolutely insane money isn't it and a no brainer for him to take it... also shows everyone has a price for their principles. 

Henderson being Liverpools main face and man for their various LGBT charities deciding to go and live and work in a country in which being LGBT is illegal tells you all you need to know.

Morals don't matter as long as money is king

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolutely bonkers. 

The Deal , Ethics or Cambridgeo? 

Or all three. ?

• Haha 1

Easy to criticise Henderson but I suspect I too would have take their cash.

Would be interesting if he speaks out, suspect he campaigning will cease to avoid arrest or censure of the t I pethat followed Matt Healys (of the 1975) kiss in Malaysia this weekend.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I have never claimed to be sane

I wouldn't be as churlish as to suggest you were. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Henderson being Liverpools main face and man for their various LGBT charities deciding to go and live and work in a country in which being LGBT is illegal tells you all you need to know.

Morals don't matter as long as money is king

Henderson has been heavily criticised by the LGBTQ community, and you can most certainly see why.

• Like 1

Just now, ZLF said:

also shows everyone has a price for their principles.

Words that has stuck with me since Brexit happened, are those who said that that you've got to be in it to change it, rather than walking away from it.

And I do appreciate that people who are very much pro LGBT want to outcast harder line Muslim countries until they change values, but it's not something that can happen overnight, and incredibly complicated.   Looking at the Justin Fashanu discussion the other week, it's amazing to think that certain states in America would be putting you in jail for being gay in the late 90s.

I think for those countries to change they need vehicles like this to get the people on side and to open up to the rest of the world.

But I guess it depends on how you view their desire of being the sports/leisure hub of the world.  I think it's one of economics, others see it as pushing their religious beliefs on people.

Thing is, if I break it down without bias to where I live and the system around me, Henderson is already paying millions in tax to fund a Conservative system who's principles he perhaps doesn't align with already, It may be that he see's this as an incredible pay day AND a chance to make a positive change?

Personally I see these younger billionaire prince's ready to open up the country and change it's direction, and it's perhaps the old guard that have an issue with it?

41 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I agree but Henderson and the rest are not Joe Public. They are easily worth 20 Million plus I would say probably more. When you are that wealthy why make decisions based sorely on money. Henderson children’s children’s children will never have to worry about money. Bit depressing if you ask me.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I agree but Henderson and the rest are not Joe Public. They are easily worth 20 Million plus I would say probably more. When you are that wealthy why make decisions based sorely on money. Henderson children’s children’s children will never have to worry about money. Bit depressing if you ask me.

This............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

I think SKY and UEFA got there years before the Saudis,

22 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

This............

Become part of that 1%

But agreed, its unethical and frankly disgusting to have the means to potentially erase world hunger or cure cancer yet instead you buy a super yacht with a crapper made of solid gold.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I think SKY and UEFA got there years before the Saudis,

Totally 👍 agree. But it's now escalating at such a rate its unreal. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Totally 👍 agree. But it's now escalating at such a rate its unreal. 

Yeh, they certainly not going to Saudi for the quality of football being played.

Has to be League Two? Or is that really unfair?

The things these Saudis could do for the planet and people on it if they weren’t so sickeningly greedy…

Be interesting to see how these players cope with actually living there permanently.   Must be stifling.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

Ask Ethics... he's  an expert on that money stuff.