Watching an old big match game on YouTube between QPR and Man City from 1977, and can’t believe how many of this Man City side went on to play for us later in their careers.

Joe Corrigan, Willie Donachie, Mick Channon, Joe Royle and Asa Hartford all went on to play for us later.

Has there been any other teams with as many who went on to play for us from one team? 

I mean that played in the same team, I watch a lot of these old games, helps pass the time here in the Middle East, and only other one I have come across is West Ham tbh

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Spurs?

Polston, Culverhouse, Bowen, Neighbour even Martin Chivers for a while. May be some more?

2 different eras there, we had Neighbour, Chivers and Peters from the 70s and Polston, Culverhouse, Bowen, Crook and Brooke too from Spurs, but don’t know if all of them played in a game for Spurs in the 80s at all

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

2 different eras there, we had Neighbour, Chivers and Peters from the 70s and Polston, Culverhouse, Bowen, Crook and Brooke too from Spurs, but don’t know if all of them played in a game for Spurs in the 80s at all

Forgot Peters!!!! Remembered Kyle Naughton though ... but he was at City on loan.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I mean that played in the same team, I watch a lot of these old games, helps pass the time here in the Middle East, and only other one I have come across is West Ham tbh

I believe Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass and Becchio all played together for Leeds in 2010/11 and were all here at the same time in the second half of 2012/13.

Spurs currently have four ex-Norwich players, but none of the crossed paths with each other during their time here.

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Leeds?!  edit- I think we had a fair few from Bournemouth back in the Bond days?

Yeah, I was going to say Bournemouth. There is a Bournemouth team photo that has a load of players that came here. It’s been posted before I’m sure. I think it was the Phil Boyer era; before my time I’m afraid! @nutty nigel will have it no doubt. 

Always felt that we get a lot of ex-Coventry players over the years, I think of players like Huckerby (Man City too!), Butterworth, Maddison, Dublin, Clingan, Philips, Edworthy, Safri etc.  Paddon was originally from Coventry too, had to look that up as I kept thinking Downs was from Coventry, but he went there from us.

We've got McCallum at the club now of course. 

Plenty went the other way too over the years, of course.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you meant players in the same team, ignore me! :classic_huh:  Although, I'm sure Hucks and Dion played at Coventry together.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yeah, I was going to say Bournemouth. There is a Bournemouth team photo that has a load of players that came here. It’s been posted before I’m sure. I think it was the Phil Boyer era; before my time I’m afraid! @nutty nigel will have it no doubt. 

Bournemouth 71/72...

1658419835_bournemouth71-72.jpg.afcbb85ce59cd410639ab1e5a30b7265.jpg

• Like 1

Leeds the big one in more recent years.

Jim Brennan, Darren Ward and Matthew Louis-Jean were all at Forest at the same time.

Huckerby, Dublin and Marc Edworthy were all at Coventry at the same time for a couple of months before Dublin left in the days before transfer windows. ( Edworthy also played with John Hartson, Bellamy, Keith O’Neill and Safri (Hartson and Bellamy left the year Safri and O’Neill joined  - obvs O’Neill and Bellamy had already left us but seems to have been quite a bit of cross over with them around then)).

Notman, Mulryne, Luke Chadwick and David Healy were, as far as I can tell from Wikipedia, all in one of Man Utd’s youth squads in 1999 - doesn’t really count!

14 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Spurs?

Polston, Culverhouse, Bowen, Neighbour even Martin Chivers for a while. May be some more?

Gary Doherty!

Edited by Aggy

15 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Spurs?

Crook, Brook as well.

Edit:- Gary Brooke never actually played a game for us after we signed him from Spurs. 

Edited by LaUnionCanary

Sainty

Davies

Benson

Jones

Powell

Machin

MacDougall 

Bond

Brown

We even played in red and black in Keelan's testimonial against Ipswich. 

Culverhouse
Bowen
Archibald-Henville
Davenport
Crook
Polston
McVeigh
Doherty
Edwards
Marney
Naughton
Bassong
Pritchard
Alnwick
Kane
Skipp

Think Spurs are our best feeder club. (Ha)