Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Friendly match thread Cheese Farmers V Canaries*

11 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Any links ?

I think they have two Greek internationals, and one who plays for USMT.  So yes, links with Dimi, Tzolis and Sarge for sure.

• Like 1

Fair play to the AZ fans might just be a friendly and not even at their home stadium but a training pitch and yet they seemed to have turned out in big numbers

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Barnes is too old, why are we signing freebies....moan, whine

Edited by RobJames

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

No replays, boo.

Did Sarge pull it back to Barnes or did it come off the defender?

Looked like a pen/sending off to me, but we scored instead.

This is a really good test. Clearly better than anything we've faced thus far.

Giannoulis I've noticed a couple of times being caught out. Given the ball away more than once. Appreciate he's having to mark Poku, one of Europe's real rising stars, but does still concern me.

McLean not as bad as Giannoulis, but has also been a bit circumspect. Has misplaced a short pass or two. 

But otherwise quite impressed - well, was until that ridiculous back header from Duffy 😂. Stacey looks really good. 

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We need 2 or 3 new wingers badly. 

we need some wingers to create and we need a sitting midfielder unless it will be the same as last season in the champs ,

lack of chances created and other team catching our midfield and running straight through without a CDM ,

we have strengthen the backline and signed barnes but the biggest problems yet to be addressed 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Is anyone comparing us to a team that is a top club in the Netherlands and lost in the Europa Conference to the eventual winners?

Seems so.  They are probably a cut above most sides we’ll play this season. 

5 minutes ago, pete said:

We need 2 or 3 new pleyers in every position

Yes, a 33 man team should do it - I'm surprised no others are of you tacxtical nous

Pete - a true genius

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

we need some wingers to create and we need a sitting midfielder unless it will be the same as last season in the champs ,

lack of chances created and other team catching our midfield and running straight through without a CDM ,

we have strengthen the backline and signed barnes but the biggest problems yet to be addressed 

Pretty sure we're not signing a defensive midfielder. Wagner doesn't seem to want to use one.

For me we need wingers. A CB and a leftback (giannoulis is bad) plus replacements for any that move.

Edited by KeiranShikari

I think Rowe needs a loan. Tzolis, Placheta and Hernandez need to be sent to the glue factory. 

Edited by KeiranShikari

Saxon Earley our most promising LB given away would walk into this team.  Mumba not given opportunities last two seasons and probably this.  

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think Rowe needs a loan. Tzolis, Placheta and Hernandez need to be sent to the glue factory. 

Doing well from what I can see. Only denied due to a world class save

1 minute ago, pete said:

Saxon Earley our most promising LB given away would walk into this team.  Mumba not given opportunities last two seasons and probably this.  

No, he wouldn’t.