Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Bayern 27 Rottach-Egern 0

10 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

To be fair Rottach-Egern had a much better second half after being 18-0 down at half time!<laughing emoji>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66239557

I seem to recall Norwich beating a team 15-0 in a pre-season game and Efan Ekoku scoring 11 goals or something silly…?

There was that Italian select side that we tonked.

Not unusual for German clubs to go to a local team and rock up for a pre-season friendly. Puts some cash in the local club's coffers as well. Was explaining this to Miss TGS and how her local team, Carl Zeiss Jena whomped a team by double figures.

EDIT: Found the video of the 27-0.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Can't read anything into pre-season games, Rottach could stuff them if they play them again in October 

• Haha 1

Whoever arranged this friendly missed the point of friendlies. Neither team would have got anything valuable from that. Bayern should have played their academy kids. I guess it was a financial thing for the home team.

Edited by Michael Starr

53 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Whoever arranged this friendly missed the point of friendlies. Neither team would have got anything valuable from that. Bayern should have played their academy kids. I guess it was a financial thing for the home team.

They are the nearest team to Bayern's training camp base so a good bit of PR for Bayern and a few euro in the coffers for RE.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

They are the nearest team to Bayern's training camp base so a good bit of PR for Bayern and a few euro in the coffers for RE.

Not to mention they've faced each other before. Top German teams will often play a local team or two in their earlier pre-season friendlies. Easy workout for their players as they slowly get back into shape, a special occasion for the local team, and a great chance to put some cash in for said local team.

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Apparently the Rottach-Egern manager is bemoaning the lack of VAR as he thinks the 12th and 23rd goals were definitely offside

I thought Bayern's goalie did brilliantly to keep that down to zero.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention they've faced each other before. Top German teams will often play a local team or two in their earlier pre-season friendlies. Easy workout for their players as they slowly get back into shape, a special occasion for the local team, and a great chance to put some cash in for said local team.

I thought Bayern's goalie did brilliantly to keep that down to zero.

I heard he had a great time in goal. Got the sunbed out, got a tan, drank some cocktails and read a good book.. 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

A really pointless game of football, I don't see what Bayern gain from trowsing an amateur club by 27 goals

Was it 90 min match? That's a goal nearly every 3 minutes, even including the time it takes to assemble for 29 kick offs! 

Edited by Google Bot