Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Frank Lampard interview

Frank being frank?

It's nearly 2 hours long mate, any Norwich talk in there?  Presuming not as it would be all over these pages.

Will any player from the supposed golden generation of the early to mid 2000s make it in management?

42 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Frank being frank?

It's nearly 2 hours long mate, any Norwich talk in there?  Presuming not as it would be all over these pages.

Not directly, but there were indications about what he wants to see in any job he goes for in terms of relationships with SDs and owners and being able to feel he would be a good fit. Presumably one or more of those things weren't right for him.

It's always been my opinion that Frank Lampard was the chosen one and when he turned us down Smith was hailed as the one we always wanted.  He actually comes across quite well in interviews and might have done a job for us long term. He probably liked the idea of joining us to start with but then realised that we were a basket case that season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Not directly, but there were indications about what he wants to see in any job he goes for in terms of relationships with SDs and owners and being able to feel he would be a good fit. Presumably one or more of those things weren't right for him.

It's always been my opinion that Frank Lampard was the chosen one and when he turned us down Smith was hailed as the one we always wanted.  He actually comes across quite well in interviews and might have done a job for us long term. He probably liked the idea of joining us to start with but then realised that we were a basket case that season.

I suspect he heard what transfer budget he was to get in January then distance himself pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

He looks as if he's aged about 20 years in the last 5. 

He's starting to look like Liam Neeson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He actually comes across quite well in interviews and might have done a job for us long term.

I don't doubt he interviews well, but he's not yet done a good job for anyone so I'm not sure why it would have been different at NCFC. Bullet very much dodged, I think. Just as poor as Smith but with extra circus.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

He's starting to look like Liam Neeson.

"I do not have any skills. But I will take your club down. If not this season, then next."

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

"I do not have any skills. But I will take your club down. If not this season, then next."

He loves it when a plan comes together to get a team losing regularly so he gets a healthy payoff.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it's Frank, but it's an interesting view of different aspects of being a manager/head coach.

Boring boring frank. I've got no interest 

• Thanks 1

On 13/07/2023 at 19:16, Robert N. LiM said:

What's worse is in the start of the vid there are pictures of younger him... he looks like a slightly wider faced Elijah Wood!

Frank Lampard is extremely smart academically, achieving 12 A/A*'s at GCSE Level (in contrast to Steven Gerrard's 1 x C, 6 x D's, and 2 x E's) which explains why Lampard might come across well in interviews, unfortunately intellect alone doesn't always align with great managerial/coaching skills in football.

Edit: His IQ has been measured at 'well over 150', put into context the average IQ is 100, with Einstein's in the 160 range. 

Edited by Bovril

1 hour ago, chicken said:

What's worse is in the start of the vid there are pictures of younger him... he looks like a slightly wider faced Elijah Wood!

With ' victim' eyebrows, mums love them.

Got a bit of an Oliver Twist expression....Can I have some more please. ? 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Frank Lampard is extremely smart academically, achieving 12 A/A*'s at GCSE Level (in contrast to Steven Gerrard's 1 x C, 6 x D's, and 2 x E's) which explains why Lampard might come across well in interviews, unfortunately intellect alone doesn't always align with great managerial/coaching skills in football.

Edit: His IQ has been measured at 'well over 150', put into context the average IQ is 100, with Einstein's in the 160 range. 

He's smart enough to fool people he's a football manager. Good luck to him.