Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Well done to the young lions

He was completely missing from the squad after being on the bench for the last game

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

He was completely missing from the squad after being on the bench for the last game

Would be rather sad for him if he's been called back to us to play in our friendly when he could have been playing in an interntional final

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be rather sad for him if he's been called back to us to play in our friendly when he could have been playing in an interntional final

He was suspended 

• Thanks 1

It was very widely reported that he was suspended for a second yellow in the tournament - had missed a game through illness earlier, has played at lb as well.  Eng are yet to concede a goal, I think, in 5 games.

On 05/07/2023 at 19:18, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, just read that cheers

If only it had been announced earlier, perhaps just after he was yellow carded 😏

Is this the most underhyped tournament ever? No TV coverage. Just a random stream on uefas website and not even qproper thread on the pinkun!

2 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Is this the most underhyped tournament ever? No TV coverage. Just a random stream on uefas website and not even qproper thread on the pinkun!

It's live on Channel 4, although the rest of the tournament hasn't been covered on British TV, so your point is valid. 

• Thanks 1

Were others any better covered? My recollection is they pretty much slipped by unnoticed

It’s dreadfully slow and ponderous. Not heard Max’s name mentioned, hardly had a kick. Anthony Gordon looks a handful. 

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's live on Channel 4, although the rest of the tournament hasn't been covered on British TV, so your point is valid. 

Ah. I didn't realise. Better stick it on then! Won't be 3 minutes behind and not constantly breaking up now. Which Is nice.

9 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Were others any better covered? My recollection is they pretty much slipped by unnoticed

I watched one on sky years ago. First time I saw Joe Hart play and was very impressed. Yeah I mean YEARS ago... 

This is a bloody difficult watch. Spain seem to have reverted to 70's style football, no pattern to the game and loads of stoppages with niggling fouls and late tackles. 

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

🤣🤣 Aarons on schedule faking a career ending injury. The lad doesn't change.

Don't know if it's because he's out on the left, but to me he just seems to be constantly way out of position and colwill has keep to bailing him out from the overlap. 

That's never a fúcking penalty! 

Play on for 2 minutes after an incident then go back to give it too!!!!

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

That's never a fúcking penalty! 

Play on for 2 minutes after an incident then go back to give it too!!!!

We'd definitely have been claiming that had it been the other way round. Soft, but Ruiz got a touch on the ball and probably would've reached it first had Colwill not struck him on the shin. 

Not that it matters now anyway...

Justice is done!! VAR is a joke if you have to make that decision at ultra slow motion

• Like 2